You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alonso hands Reds derby Boost

Lofts

Nah, it's Gerrard.

I love Xabi, and he makes the team tick for sure, but Gerrard scores or is involved in approx 87% of all our goals.

I see your point, but football is about more than just scoring goals. Of course Gerrard can score goals out of the blue, but he's not as consistent as Xabi. You see it best when Xabi isn't playing. There is something missing, and it's usually at the centre of the pitch where Xabi usually lingers around to move the ball along when no one else knows what to do with it.

Then again, one player never has enough impact on a game alone unless the others can keep up at a certain level.

I see your point, but football is about more than just scoring goals. Of course Gerrard can score goals out of the blue, but he's not as consistent as Xabi. You see it best when Xabi isn't playing. There is something missing, and it's usually at the centre of the pitch where Xabi usually lingers around to move the ball along when no one else knows what to do with it.

Then again, one player never has enough impact on a game alone unless the others can keep up at a certain level.

I agree with you, and we definitely play better with Xabi in the team. For me though, most teams can pass and move the ball well if they put their mind to it. We're obviously better at it with Xabi in the team, and he's a great playmaker. But the creating and scoring of goals is the real thing that wins you games, and also the thing that we're not quite the best at. Gerrard is brilliant at killer passes, crosses, shooting and generally fucking up the opposition defence, which is why for me, he is our most important player.

Villa, Stoke x2, Fulham, West Ham, NAH .. :whistle: