You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recommend a condiment

Remmie

sweet mango chutney is a good condiment for sandwiches with cheese and veggies.

also like it on the side with scrambled eggs.

ketchup is the obvious one, but it must be used sparingly. i only use it for toasted cheese sandwiches and possibly the occasional fries ('chips' to you lot)

Actually Remmie I did some nice roasted veggies the other day.

Par boil some small potatoes and sweet potato. (Chopped into 2cm or so cubes)

Mix some olive oil with a one medium chilli (heat depending on what you can take take I did a caynenne pepper which I grow at home), a crushed clove of garlic and some chopped basil and rosemary.

Coat the par boilded veggies and some raw courgettes, red onion and mushrooms in the oil, pan fry on a very hot griddle pan for 5 mins. Plce the veggies onto a shallow baking tray on 200 oC heat for ten minutes or so. Nice.

would also go well with Chilli and garlic sauce.

Relish.jpg

Seriously though:

maille_wholegrain.jpg

on pretty much anything except chocolate cake. Burgers and such especially but that's probably not much use to you since you're a veggie. Great when smeared over cheese on toast before you grill it. And now I think of it, probably good with other cliched suggestions of vegetarian snacks.

I also have a boss recipe for a glazed red onion accompaniment that uses the stuff. Outstanding.

If you like Colemans English Mustard never buy it again. Get Taylors Organic mustard which is available from Sainsburys.

You'll never eat that bright orange stuff on your beef sandwiches again

Similarly if you like Hellmann's Mayonnaise ditch the zero and get yourself the hero that is Sainsbury's Organic. It's a taste sensation with e.g fish and, erm, quorn burgers.

Tomato ketchup.

Chips.

Imagination running riot there.