You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Walton Park

.. Will be taking the club to court and suing the club for £30million quid over the stadium delay calamity.

If the yanks werent thinking of selling up this could tip them over the edge. Once more they are a disgrace to the club and are making us look like fools once again.

I am not one for coming out with 'I know someone who's unlces mates cousins dogs sisters fella's' rumours but this is whats happening.

I mates sense when you think about it. you cant really blame them for suing us. Loss of business.

TOP INFO THERE FROM WALTON PARK

Views please

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told about this last week, and I'm very surprised the press haven't written this because I know that most of them are definitely aware of it. It's a pretty big fucking story really, so I can only assume maybe it's not 100% that Laing O'Rourke will actually go through with it. Mind you, I'd still expect someone to have written it.

I was told about this last week, and I'm very surprised the press haven't written this because I know that most of them are definitely aware of it. It's a pretty big fucking story really, so I can only assume maybe it's not 100% that Laing O'Rourke will actually go through with it. Mind you, I'd still expect someone to have written it.

The nationals are probably saving up 'the exclusive' for a day or two before the Utd game. I mean, the build up wouldn't be the same without one would it?

The nationals are probably saving up 'the exclusive' for a day or two before the Utd game. I mean, the build up wouldn't be the same without one would it?

You just plucked those words out of my mouth there. I fully expect this and other shit news to be publised 1 or 2 days before the Utd game.

It has to happen.

I think it's more a case of not being able to write it for legal reasons. There's talk of them suing, but unless something has happened in the last couple of days then talk is all it is. Taking LFC to court would presumably be a last resort as they still want to build the stadium.

I think it's more a case of not being able to write it for legal reasons. There's talk of them suing, but unless something has happened in the last couple of days then talk is all it is. Taking LFC to court would presumably be a last resort as they still want to build the stadium.

They may as well try and sue for the 30m as there is more chance of Elvis coming back and buying Everton than the ground ever being built.

They may as well try and sue for the 30m as there is more chance of Elvis coming back and buying Everton than the ground ever being built.

I should have myself a bit clearer there. What I meant was they would want to build the stadium if we were taken over by someone else and the yanks fucked off.

If they stay, I agree there's no chance it will ever get built.

I should have myself a bit clearer there. What I meant was they would want to build the stadium if we were taken over by someone else and the yanks fucked off.

If they stay, I agree there's no chance it will ever get built.

I see what you mean.

Whats the chances of that though? Would Dubai not have preferred choices of builders they've used before?

Also I was thinking in bed the other night will Dubai just use the exsisting plans for the ground or will we go through another design and re-submission of plans?

I think the fact that they know under Gillet and Hicks we’ll never build the ground means they’re more than comfortable in suing the club.

I could see Dubai building what's already in place, given the extra delays and problems of starting from scratch again. They would get a lot of bonus points for saving the whole project.

PS - they would probably want expansion capability above 60K or whatever, so it could be amended to the size of Old Trafford.

I see what you mean.

Whats the chances of that though? Would Dubai not have preferred choices of builders they've used before?

Also I was thinking in bed the other night will Dubai just use the exsisting plans for the ground or will we go through another design and re-submission of plans?

I've got no idea mate. I know that Dubai's preferred stadium was the one done by that Manchester firm, the modified 'Parry Bowl'. Everyone wanted that except Hicks, who wanted the design done by the Dallas firm.

I have no idea whatsoever what Dubai would do if they got in. If they wanted a different design then that would obviously set things back a while.

It's sickening to think we've already spent close on £20m on this already, and for what? We also spunked a shitload of money to that company who were meant to find us suitable investors.

I've got no idea mate. I know that Dubai's preferred stadium was the one done by that Manchester firm, the modified 'Parry Bowl'. Everyone wanted that except Hicks, who wanted the design done by the Dallas firm.

I have no idea whatsoever what Dubai would do if they got in. If they wanted a different design then that would obviously set things back a while.

It's sickening to think we've already spent close on £20m on this already, and for what? We also spunked a shitload of money to that company who were meant to find us suitable investors.

Ta Dave, You couldnt make it up, total joke of a scenario.

At least if they do re-design (Dubai) at least we know it will eventually get built rather than sweet f.a being done.

I could see Dubai building what's already in place, given the extra delays and problems of starting from scratch again. They would get a lot of bonus points for saving the whole project.

PS - they would probably want expansion capability above 60K or whatever, so it could be amended to the size of Old Trafford.

There lies the problem. If they want a bigger stadium (say 72k), a new planning application has to be made and this time it will be lot more complicated due to the transport issues that go with it to cater for the extra 12k fans.

The whole stadium saga has been a mess to be honest. For all the promises made by G&H, we would have better off had they submitted an application for a 72k seater stadium instead of 60k. Even though they had fuck all chance of building one, atleast the application would be under process now and if Dubai were to buy the club, they don't need to re-invent the wheel.

As it is, we have approval for 60k and I can't see anyone being happy with 60k capacity. And the more they will want, the more complicated it gets and more time it takes.