You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs. Standard Liege

Captain

I'm feeling a bit uneasy about this one. I'm usually very confident ahead of these qualifiers, but we've been pretty shit in our last games. However, in our league outings we've been bailed out by our two world class players.

I assume Mascherano and Lucas will be available for selection, and I would not be surprised to see both start.

Liege have everything to play for as we are the favourites, and with 0-0 in the first leg this tie is alive. If they score first, the pressure is really on.

Hopefully confidence will get better as the game approaches, but right now I'm not confident at all.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lucas will start over Yossi, and Babel over Dirk.

so Alonso and Lucas holding, with Babel, Keane and Gerrard behind Torres.

With the option of a 4-4-2 with Gerrard on the right.

I think we will win 3-0. A lot of people underestimated Liege, they are a good side. But we shine in Europe, everyone knows that.

Cue Keane to finally get his first goal aswell.

On this note, the fella who I got my season ticket off, takes it for European games, so if anyone has a spare of Wednesday, then let me know please.

I too have "a bad feeling " about this game too. Its been lurking like a black cloud over all things LFC for me the past few weeks.

The only straw I can clutch at is that the past few seasons we've usually fucked up the return leg but usually after the work is done in the away leg. So hopefully things will be different this way round.

Away goals count double as usual in these qualy rounds yes????

I think Lucas will start over Yossi, and Babel over Dirk.

so Alonso and Lucas holding, with Babel, Keane and Gerrard behind Torres.

With the option of a 4-4-2 with Gerrard on the right.

I think we will win 3-0. A lot of people underestimated Liege, they are a good side. But we shine in Europe, everyone knows that.

Cue Keane to finally get his first goal aswell.

On this note, the fella who I got my season ticket off, takes it for European games, so if anyone has a spare of Wednesday, then let me know please.[/QUOTE]Woo there on general sale.

I too have "a bad feeling " about this game too. Its been lurking like a black cloud over all things LFC for me the past few weeks.

The only straw I can clutch at is that the past few seasons we've usually fucked up the return leg but usually after the work is done in the away leg. So hopefully things will be different this way round.

Away goals count double as usual in these qualy rounds yes????

No. A scoring draw would see Liege through on the away goal rule.

ie- 1-1 is not 1-2

If it's 2-2 the score is NOT 2-4

No. A scoring draw would see Liege through on the away goal rule.

ie- 1-1 is not 1-2

If it's 2-2 the score is NOT 2-4

Aye Nunavut, thats what I meant. I didn't literally mean that Liege's score is doubled. Its just the way that its always stated, "away goals count as double".

The "away goal rule" effectively means that that teams away goals count double on the aggregrate score.

Hope I've made sense!!!!

I presume, by the way, the fact that no match ticket has yet been forthcoming, and the fact I am on the auto ticket scheme for Champions League games, means that I am going to be get in using my season ticket?
I wouldn't bank on it mate. If the card you pay for your tickets with expires during the cup campaign the they just cancel your application without notification. Its up to you to keep them informed with up to date card details.

I presume, by the way, the fact that no match ticket has yet been forthcoming, and the fact I am on the auto ticket scheme for Champions League games, means that I am going to be get in using my season ticket?

Yeah mate you use your ST as you normally for a prem game.

Mash would have just return to the squad for a few day and may need some time to recover. I am afraid he may not feature. At most he will be on the bench. Leiva, if he had return early could feature, but who will make way for him? Likely Alonso.

Our wingbacks are not performing up to standard in the first 2 games and that could be out weakness. Arbeloa seem really off form. I would have Carragher there instead and use Agger and Skrtel in the center.

I am not feeling too good about this match as well.

Guest davelfc

If they play as they did in the first leg then we'll have problems. I don't think we can play as badly as we did in the first leg.

The big worry is the 'away' goal they might score. The best way to combat that is to score more goals than them.

I think we'll win, iI just hope it isn't a nervous 90 minutes.