You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I went to school with Frank Prendergast's son.

His nickname was Bombhead.

Because he had a swede like a fucking armchair.

DId you go to OLI or Campion? You might know my mate Ian aka Bish!

Yeah, we really want the city to go back to the way it was pre-1997 :thumbup:

Well maybe not but they've fucked it up.

I'm off to stuff my vote on Boris soon. As far as the local elections go I am still wavering between the Conservaties and Lib-Dems. I'll probably take one last look at my council tax bill before I leave the house and decide.

A red voting for Boris. shame on you.

Noos, go Lib Dem just to keep the Tories out. If its a two way battle and Labour have no chance, scupper the Tories.

I'm going Labour, as a card carrying member how could I not?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if I did vote, and the party I vote for wins, then I lose any complaining rights too. If I wanted a new pair of pretty pink sandals, but in the shop they only had blue DMs, a pair of red wellies and some orange crocs, I wouldn't buy any of them.

Besides, I've moved house since registration and I haven't got a polling card.

Spoil your vote.

We had a choice between New Labour, The Tories, UKIP and the BNP.

Christ.

I don't think I should vote because I don't follow local politics enough to make an informed decision. Might go and vote Lib Dem though just to try and keep the tories out.

EDIT: Actually, if someone can present me facts on why I should vote for either Labour or Lib Dem then I'll go and vote now.

Hahaha. You sound like the impressionable indecisive bloke at the bar from the Fast Show.

I've always voted Labour, always will, as did my Dad and my Grandad before him, but if that wasn't incentive enough, I shall vote Labour just to spite Strontium Dog

Rob, I know where you're coming from mate but I'm sorry to say the current Labour party come across as akin to the tories when I left the country. My daughter earns a salary that puts her in the old 10p bracket. Last week she paid an extra 20quid tax . So much for the LP being the champion of the working class. Where were all our local MP's when that fat arsed Jock put that little policy forward??

I've never voted before but the Lib Dem council is so fucking useless that I shall be getting off my arse tonight and voting Labour to get the cunts out.

The count tonight was held at the Tennis Centre at Wavertree. Coming out of the centre, you're struck by the awesome sight of Liverpool's wonderful new £16m Olympic-sized swimming pool - £12m of which came from the council.

Yes, we're really "fucking useless".

I'm pleased to say my mum was re-elected with a sizeable majority, although we will have lost a few seats elsewhere in the city. And we really do not deserve it. Yeah, we've made mistakes - who doesn't? - but Labour have done fuck all to deserve the gains they'll get tonight.

Liverpool is a great city made greater by the Liberal Democrats, and some people need to wake up and smell the fucking coffee. Too many cunts haven't got a fucking clue, and it's pissing me off.

Sorry but we're not a homogeneous group. I have a free vote and my decision has little to do with my football allegiances.

Still cant believe it.

The count tonight was held at the Tennis Centre at Wavertree. Coming out of the centre, you're struck by the awesome sight of Liverpool's wonderful new £16m Olympic-sized swimming pool - £12m of which came from the council.

Yes, we're really "fucking useless".

I'm pleased to say my mum was re-elected with a sizeable majority, although we will have lost a few seats elsewhere in the city. And we really do not deserve it. Yeah, we've made mistakes - who doesn't? - but Labour have done fuck all to deserve the gains they'll get tonight.

Liverpool is a great city made greater by the Liberal Democrats, and some people need to wake up and smell the fucking coffee. Too many cunts haven't got a fucking clue, and it's pissing me off.

Diddums...

Fuck yourself.

Fuck your party.

Fuck all cunts who do this wonderful city down and chat negative shit about a Liverpool that is better than it has been for a century.

Ha Ha, looks like you have won by the skin of your teeth anyway.

My only problem is SD you seem to think news swimming baths and lovely new shops = a better Liverpool.

I personally dont think its changed or going to change for the normal people of Liverpool who's areas are being neglected in favour of petty arguements between the cocks in your party in this city.

Obviously for the middle classes of Liverpool its all looking very rosy but wake up and smell the coffee in some parts in gone backwards and is still a shit hole.

My only problem is SD you seem to think news swimming baths and lovely new shops = a better Liverpool.

It's not quite as simple as that, although investment helps massively, and we certainly had fuck all investment under Labour. Plenty of fire sales of city-owned property though.

The biggest obstacle to change is education, and guess what - we inherited the WORST PERFORMING LEA in the country from Labour.

In 10 years, my dad turned that into the second best LEA in the country.

I personally dont think its changed or going to change for the normal people of Liverpool who's areas are being neglected in favour of petty arguements between the cocks in your party in this city.

No areas have been neglected. How does this myth get perpetuated?

Obviously for the middle classes of Liverpool its all looking very rosy but wake up and smell the coffee in some parts in gone backwards and is still a shit hole.

At least Liverpudlians aren't paying the highest council tax in the country any more for the worst services - as we were under, er, Labour.

I don't understand how people can get pissed off with Labour for not supporting the working man and then go and vote Tory. It's madness. I can understand people being pissed off with Labour and voting Liberal but not Tory. It makes no sense. It's the political equivalent of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's not quite as simple as that, although investment helps massively, and we certainly had fuck all investment under Labour. Plenty of fire sales of city-owned property though.

The biggest obstacle to change is education, and guess what - we inherited the WORST PERFORMING LEA in the country from Labour.

In 10 years, my dad turned that into the second best LEA in the country.

No areas have been neglected. How does this myth get perpetuated?

At least Liverpudlians aren't paying the highest council tax in the country any more for the worst services - as we were under, er, Labour.

So, err who is it, your Mum or your Dad? Are they actually real-live, no-foolin' MPs or do you just like to have pretend votes for stuff like who gets to hold the remote tonight and who gets 2 sausages cos your Mum bought a 4 pack and there's 3 of you?

I don't understand how people can get pissed off with Labour for not supporting the working man and then go and vote Tory. It's madness. I can understand people being pissed off with Labour and voting Liberal but not Tory. It makes no sense. It's the political equivalent of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

That shocked me too. Labour lost 4 seats in Wirral. And the Tories took 3 of them including Leasowe and Moreton, and Liscard!!

Maybe "Chav Conservative" is the Tories equivalent of "New Labour".

So, err who is it, your Mum or your Dad? Are they actually real-live, no-foolin' MPs or do you just like to have pretend votes for stuff like who gets to hold the remote tonight and who gets 2 sausages cos your Mum bought a 4 pack and there's 3 of you?

They're not MPs, they're councillors, but no, they don't have a democratic household.

That shocked me too. Labour lost 4 seats in Wirral. And the Tories took 3 of them including Leasowe and Moreton, and Liscard!!

Maybe "Chav Conservative" is the Tories equivalent of "New Labour".

I met the new Liscard Tory when I went to vote for myself yesterday*, a young lad about 21, seemed like a decent kid. They get elected here because they actually do a fair amount of casework in the area, and they deliver a lot of leaflets.

Ultimately, if you're prepared to put the work in for the residents, people tend not to care so much which party you represent - they just want someone who is going to get their bins collected, their street lights fixed and potholes filled.

* I got 195 votes, if you're interested... down on last year's total of 244, but considering I did precisely zero campaigning, pretty damn surprisingly high

It's sad, but it's true. Liverpool is almost third world compared to most of the country. The city desperately needs investment - not in empty buildings and shops which will be closed in 6 months, but in industry, in commerce, and in entrepreneurship. I hope it gets the sort of council that can encourage these things in, rather than the insular narrow-minded squabbling that has pervaded for decades.

I think you only have to drive through many parts of Liverpool to have that question answered.

The Independant ¦ Liverpool Heads List of Most Deprived Areas in England

I'm not arguing that Liverpool isn't deprived - it's one of the poorest regions in Europe. What I'm saying is that the pockets of desperate poverty aren't being ignored, not remotely.

Of course, one of the supreme ironies is that whenever something to improve these areas is proposed, it's fought tooth and nail by local residents! Just look at the kerfuffle over Edge Lane, near where I grew up.

Liverpool really is a (small c) conservative place, truth be told; people really do not embrace change here.

It's sad, but it's true. Liverpool is almost third world compared to most of the country. The city desperately needs investment - not in empty buildings and shops which will be closed in 6 months, but in industry, in commerce, and in entrepreneurship. I hope it gets the sort of council that can encourage these things in, rather than the insular narrow-minded squabbling that has pervaded for decades.

Empty buildings like the new arena?

The sort of council run by Labour, who said the arena "would never happen"? Just "another Lib Dem let down".

No thanks.

No areas have been neglected. How does this myth get perpetuated?QUOTE]

A myth?

Obviously dont get out much apart from vote counts and swimming pool openings.

Most people would say spew an arean, spew a 16m poud olympic sized pool, spew a brand new load of shops most of them wont be able to shop in anyway for some real difference were they actually live.

What is the point of having an olympic size pool when local pools have to be closed in order to have it most kids who go to a swimming pool do so for a mess about in the water and because there are less and less local pools in the city they dont bother

I remember i could choose to go to either Westminster Road, Lister Drive, Noggsy, any time i wanted to have a laugh with me mates for a few pence now its £3 to swim or more but the kids can stand outside the new Olympic pool and thank there lucky stars for the Lib Dems

Local polotics is a really merky business that no one should have pride in IMHO regardless of party loyalties