You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Radio 5 live say they have dramatic Rafa news

Dermot

I can kind of see your point, if not with so much malice, but of course he's looking out for himself, Al! This is his career and his last 4 year's work!!

What else is he supposed to do, other than look for an ally, no matter how dubious that ally may be?

The easy thing to do would be to walk away, that's what I would have done fucking ages ago, but he's not done that. Fair play to the man.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How stupid are some people. Rafa has sided with Hicks. I know for a fact he is only looking after himself.

Wake up and see him for what he is,a two faced twat.

Hicks has promised Rafa he'll give him a new contract,and Rafa has formed an alliance to save himself, despite being well aware that if Hicks takes sole control it threatens the future of LFC.

So what would be the alternative for Rafa then? Publically slate Hicks, which he did do, and got a bollocking off a lot of people for because people said he should keep his mouth shut. He wants to keep his job, whats wrong with that? He loves the club, his family is settled, he obviously believes that he can take us forward regardless of what happens off the pitch. If Gillett has told him he doesnt want him in the job, do you still expect Rafa to side with Gillett in this? Rafa could walk out of here tomorrow and have a queue of clubs at his door, he doesnt need this job.

The man isnt a fool, he knows a damn site more than we do about whats going on. IF he has formed this so called alliance with Hicks, how do you know he's not simply giving him lip service?

I think you are bang out of order calling the one man who actually has our best interests in all of this, a two faced twat! The mans done more for this club than anyone else since Bob Paisley. People need to show the man a bit more respect

From what I have heard Rafa has sided with Hicks but it's because he knows Gillett and his men (Parry and Moores) haven't supported him publically till this day. So what is he supposed to do? He knows if Gillett gains full control he will most likely be sacked, and he must also know that DIC are now Gillett's boys in waiting. It's fucked up.

Rafa hasnt sided with anyone he knows they are all dead men walking and anyone who says they know different is talking out there arse

Agreed.

As if Rafa would actively support a man as obviously unstable (and skint) as Hicks in the hope of gaining 12-months job security when he could take his pick of half a dozen clubs in Spain and Italy.

Just because Hicks returns the poor bastard's e-mails and nobody else does, does not an unholy alliance make.

Not that the posters giving credence to this rumour have ever had an agenda against Rafa in the past like, no sir.

How stupid are some people. Rafa has sided with Hicks. I know for a fact he is only looking after himself.

Wake up and see him for what he is,a two faced twat.

Knob. Rafa has done so much for our club. I would be gutted if he resigned and would fall into a depression spiral but i wouldnt blame him one bit.

Unpalatable as it sounds and no doubt I`ll get stick for it but in the short term I think it would be better if Hicks could somehow acquire Gillets 50% and take full control. The reasons being that I think he would give Rafa a new contract even if only to appease the fans and obviously Parry and Moores would be gone soon after Gillet therefore removing 3/4 of the cancers infesting the Club.

The way I see it Gillet has no love for Rafa and was the main player in the Klinnsman affair and he has Parry on his side. Now everyone knows Rafa doesn`t have any faith in Parry and Rafa realises that if Gillet was to gain overrall control he would be out of a job in short order.

The present impasse is no good for anyone at the Club and certainly no good for the welfare of the Club itself but if push comes to shove I would prefer Hicks and Rafa to stay as opposed to Gillet, Parry and Moores as realistly I think that they are our only probable options in the short term.

The upside of such a scenario would be that if Hicks could Buy Gillet out for a pre agreed price it means he could eventually sell to DIC the whole 100% therefore at least doubling his potential profits meaning such an offer would be difficult to resist.

If all this was to transpire it would mean getting DIC as owners, keeping Rafa as Manager and finally getting shut of both Americans and Coco and his pet monkey.

Wake up and smell the coffee lads. Anyone else find it odd that Hicks did not mention this meeting during Thursday's statement. The sack Parry PR spectacularly backfired on Thursday, so to stir it up he brings up the Klinsmann meeting today and the fact that Parry was there. This in turn riles Rafa, Rafa is now gunning for Parry, Parry is gone, hen one less opponent for Hicks in the boardroom. Hicks wins. This cunt does not give a shit about who he upsets as long as he gets his own way. Time to take out that contract on him.

Rafa will get a contract whoever is in charge, he's more likely to walk away and into any other top european job

he's too valuable to the club, brought in nearly 100m in champs league prize money that is ridiculous and pays for all the transfers

If Rafa left now there'd literally be nobody in charge on any level.

It's fucking unreal.

Unpalatable as it sounds and no doubt I`ll get stick for it but in the short term I think it would be better if Hicks could somehow acquire Gillets 50% and take full control. The reasons being that I think he would give Rafa a new contract even if only to appease the fans and obviously Parry and Moores would be gone soon after Gillet therefore removing 3/4 of the cancers infesting the Club.

Hicks is no friend of Rafa he will stab him in the back like he has Parry if he had the ability (and control) do not be fooled

Rafa will get a contract no matter who is in charge and Gillett and the board would be daft not to give him it, he is too valuable to the club

The way I see it Gillet has no love for Rafa and was the main player in the Klinnsman affair and he has Parry on his side. Now everyone knows Rafa doesn`t have any faith in Parry and Rafa realises that if Gillet was to gain overrall control he would be out of a job in short order.

The present impasse is no good for anyone at the Club and certainly no good for the welfare of the Club itself but if push comes to shove I would prefer Hicks and Rafa to stay as opposed to Gillet, Parry and Moores as realistly I think that they are our only probable options in the short term.

The upside of such a scenario would be that if Hicks could Buy Gillet out for a pre agreed price it means he could eventually sell to DIC the whole 100% therefore at least doubling his potential profits meaning such an offer would be difficult to resist.

If all this was to transpire it would mean getting DIC as owners, keeping Rafa as Manager and finally getting shut of both Americans and Coco and his pet monkey.

Mate you're dealing with a whole lot of fucking ifs and buts there, you're also forgetting that Hicks is both unstable and a pathological liar.

IF he gave Rafa a contract so what? He'd still sack him the moment his mood changed, even if he promised him funds (from the club's own debt ridden coffers) those promisses would be eqally meaningless.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Hicks is as volatile and untrustworthy a character as I have ever seen in the public eye, he simply can not and should not be trusted or ever accepted at our club.

He has sided with Hicks and is a two faced twat,he is only looking after number one.

Sack him and bring in somebody who wants what is best for the club.

Paul Jewell

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

It's like a stand-up joke with a wicked punchline at the end!

He has sided with Hicks and is a two faced twat,he is only looking after number one.

Paul Jewell

Ace.

now I know you're just being you!

You had me worried for a sec there...

Paul Jewell

yeah because he#s done a fantastic job at Derby, he's picked up less points than Billy whatsitt with 10 more games