You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What next for the reds?

Rashid

I gather about 1% of the forum will be reading this as I am on the ignore list of the vast majority. But I feel it needs be to discussed by the 1% at least.

With DIC closing in on us what next for the reds? What happens to the club and the people in it?

What do you want to happen? Lets start from top to bottom.

1. Hicks and Gillett - One might stay and if he does do we just ignore him or concentrate our efforts on getting him out?

2. Parry - Surely this incompetent fool should be now given his two year notice? I wouldn't sack him and make him rich, I am sure some toilets need cleaning or the builders constructing the new stadium will need a water/brick carrier.

3. Moore - This guy should be sacked in disgrace for what he has put us through, his own dad once said "he can never do anything right". Goodbye and good riddance.

4. Rafa - Signs are that he has redeemed himself from the mid season slump. The team is playing well, there is less rotation of players and formations and we are set up to have a go at teams now. All plus points. It's been done a death but I'd be inclined to keep him despite a disasterous 4 years in the league title race. The club needs stability after all this and with him making some great signings lately - Torres and Mascherano to name but two - he deserves to see them next season. He deserves massive credit for gambling on Torres and for putting his job on the line to sign Mascherano. I know I am on at him all the time but a combination of needing stability and signs of change has turned my head a bit.

6. Assistants - I genuinely believe Rafa needs an assistant, I'd like that to be Roy Evans if possibe. I'd also like to see a link between Rafa and the board - someone like Kenny Dalglish would do. I think DIC will bring in a Sporting Director without a doubt.

5. The players - I am hoping DIC will want to invest so some players will be sold... I'd not cry if certain players were sold, I am sure we all have done this to death too. Two fullbacks, 1 winger and a partner for Torres please!

What is inevitible is that CHANGE will happen and as Barak Obama would say - we have to believe it will after what we have been through.

You just couldn't help yourself could you..... "but I'd be inclined to keep him despite a disasterous 4 years in the league title race"

Am I not allowed to say anything negative about Rafa? I genuinely believe he has failed us in the league but been amazing in Europe. Given the instability, it would be too much to change the manager now though.

For a Club that is fucked from top to bottom according to your post we aren’t doing that bad

Barak Obama ?

Fuck me the day i follow the lead of anyone involved in American politics is the day i will pack in

Why are All American senators are worth Millions

is it

a) Only Rich Americans care about politics

b) Just a coincidence

c) a well paid job that earns them that wealth

d) Corrupt as fuck taking money from everywhere for turning a blind eye or voting for alleged Change

let the Sheep of America decide

Guest TK-421

Rafa should be allowed to try and finish the job that he's started. Player wise I'm quite happy with what we have, although I'd like to see someone come in to provide competition for Babel assuming that Kewell is moved on.

Am I not allowed to say anything negative about Rafa? I genuinely believe he has failed us in the league but been amazing in Europe. Given the instability, it would be too much to change the manager now though.

Season 2005-06 - points total 82

I'm not sure how to feel about what Parry is doing at the minute, surely by facilitating the talks between the incumbent owner(s) and DIC he'll be doing himself out of a job (unless he's already guaranteed Scudamore's and couldn't give a rat's ass)

Is he trying to do the honourable thing (as DM isn't in a position to do fuck all really)?

He's still a clown-faced foreskin tho'.

G&H - out.

Gillett to leave first to trigger everything, but I can't see Hicks staying too long once DIC gets 50%. He will take his profit as I think he would realise he'd be in danger of losing the lot once the loan is up for re-finance and DIC won't play ball.

Parry - out.

He may stay for a little while, but I'd imagine he will go on to some other job in football, either at the FA or the Premeir League, with the latter being more likely. He has fallen short in the eyes of most Liverpool fans, but I get the impression that he is perceived in a better light in wider football circles.

Moores - unsure

He deserves to go and DIC would be well within their rights to ship him out immediately. But it is possible that as a gesture of goodwill DIC might allow him to hang around in an honorary role.

Assistant - Sammy Lee

I think this could be really good for everyone. Rafa will be helped by having a conduit to the players, since he is a little bit too aloof with them sometimes.

Players - who knows?

Rafinha for right back - fast, overlapping, providing width.

Villa as another top, pacy striker to go with Torres.

If DIC really wanted to blow some huge cash anything miht be possible. It's too hard to say how they will approach things should they get in. I think at least in part it will be an association thing for them, rather than purely business. If so, anything is possible - Benzema, Kaka, who knows!

Probably right. I expect DIC to take control, initially buying Gillett out. As for players, I'd expect a summer of recruitment to equate with the best of what we've had in recent times. That would mean two to immediately improve the first team (ala Torres and Mascherano) and two who will already add a lot, but they may be a little in and out the team to begin with (ala Babel and Lucas).

Four like that would be very welcome.

Jesus. Do people seriously think if \ when DIC do get a foot in the door, we're going on a spending spree in the next transfer window?

That to be honest it is not even in my thougths. I want them to bring a stability back I want us out of the back pages of the daily rags. I want owners that can build a stadium and not just draw up plans and more plans.

Most of all I want owners who are not bare faced liars.

We do not have many options and I admire the way they have come back again and we are lucky they have because there are not many options out there. I have been bitten once and I will watch and wait before I make judgement. One thing I do know is I want them two lying bastards out and the quicker the better.

Don't know if this has been written elsewhere.

Hicks will allow Gillet to sell his 50% to DIC, because he will be afraid that they will walk away. G&H bought the club to get a return on their investment, if DIC walk away that return may take years and they will have to face more aggravation.

If DIC have 50% they will be desperate for a control and will pay Hicks more to get it. The cards are all stacked in G&H's favour unless DIC walk away. To walk away and return a 3rd time may be too much humiliation for them to face.

The stakes are about to rise dramatically, who will crack first?