You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What next for the reds?

Rashid

Rafa should be allowed to try and finish the job that he's started. Player wise I'm quite happy with what we have, although I'd like to see someone come in to provide competition for Babel assuming that Kewell is moved on.

What's the timescale on that? When is it considered that he has finished the job, or is unable to finish the job?

By the way, this is not a dig, I want Rafa to stay and I firmly believe that when he has been able to sign his first choice players he has signed superbly. If we get a summer of Rafa getting who he wants, then I think he will win us the league.

Guest TK-421
What's the timescale on that? When is it considered that he has finished the job, or is unable to finish the job?

By the way, this is not a dig, I want Rafa to stay and I firmly believe that when he has been able to sign his first choice players he has signed superbly. If we get a summer of Rafa getting who he wants, then I think he will win us the league.

Hmmm, I guess until the end of his contract which should be renewed provided we're going in the right direction. I think he's slowly but surely building a formidable team.

1. Hicks and Gillett - I personally believe that Hicks will stay on to oversee the stadium at least, he seems to want a legacy and stadium building is his thing (No one can deny that he doesn't get good stadiums built, despite what has gone on.) After the stadium is built, he will leave for good, with a deal promising him a bit of future income. He will be a minority holder if DIC get in though.

2. Parry - Sacked, immediately. He doesn't have the two year notice thing again if we have another takeover I assume so he can be gone straight away

3. Moore - DIC will fuck him off as honoury anything, I very much doubt they will actually want to deal with him again after they walked away last time.

4. Rafa - Carry on to finish off what he has begun, there are signs he has now sussed out the league, he is incredible in Europe and he just needs that bit of backing which will make the difference. We were never, or should never have been under any illusions that Rafa will win the title within 3 or 4 years, such was the size of the rebuilding job and the budget he had to do it in. Our CL win raised expectations just too much.

6. Assistants - I hope he and Pako make up, he needs Pako, or at least someone who will be able to get in with the players like Pako did. Failing a Pako return, Sammy Lee would be ok, Gary Mac would be perfect though, although I don't see him leaving Leeds to be our number 2. On another note I would love to see Sami take up coaching and have some part of the coaching set up (if he is any good at coaching that is)

5. The players - Not too much of an overhaul needed really, a worldclass full back (perhaps 2) someone to play in the wide areas competing with Babel and Kuyt and a foil for Torres would be what we need. I can see Riise being shown the door with Kewell, perhaps Pennant and Crouch too. I even think Rafa would be open to offers for Finnan. Also keep getting young, exciting players in and develop them to get them in the first team. If some of the players we got recently are good to step up, then so be it.

I gather about 1% of the forum will be reading this as I am on the ignore list of the vast majority. But I feel it needs be to discussed by the 1% at least.

With DIC closing in on us what next for the reds? What happens to the club and the people in it?

What do you want to happen? Lets start from top to bottom.

1. Hicks and Gillett - One might stay and if he does do we just ignore him or concentrate our efforts on getting him out?

2. Parry - Surely this incompetent fool should be now given his two year notice? I wouldn't sack him and make him rich, I am sure some toilets need cleaning or the builders constructing the new stadium will need a water/brick carrier.

3. Moore - This guy should be sacked in disgrace for what he has put us through, his own dad once said "he can never do anything right". Goodbye and good riddance.

4. Rafa - Signs are that he has redeemed himself from the mid season slump. The team is playing well, there is less rotation of players and formations and we are set up to have a go at teams now. All plus points. It's been done a death but I'd be inclined to keep him despite a disasterous 4 years in the league title race. The club needs stability after all this and with him making some great signings lately - Torres and Mascherano to name but two - he deserves to see them next season. He deserves massive credit for gambling on Torres and for putting his job on the line to sign Mascherano. I know I am on at him all the time but a combination of needing stability and signs of change has turned my head a bit.

6. Assistants - I genuinely believe Rafa needs an assistant, I'd like that to be Roy Evans if possibe. I'd also like to see a link between Rafa and the board - someone like Kenny Dalglish would do. I think DIC will bring in a Sporting Director without a doubt.

5. The players - I am hoping DIC will want to invest so some players will be sold... I'd not cry if certain players were sold, I am sure we all have done this to death too. Two fullbacks, 1 winger and a partner for Torres please!

What is inevitible is that CHANGE will happen and as Barak Obama would say - we have to believe it will after what we have been through.

To quote a fool: "Rafa has failed us in the league"......define failed us? If you want us to win a league title within the first few years of change then yes he has, but for me Rafa is building for the long term, given the chance we will see the fruit of his work......we've waited 18 years, a few more won't make a big difference if it means we dominate for 10 years rather than have a little Chelsea flutter at being the best team in the country. Patience is a virtue.

*opens door*

*puts mustard on sausage-in-a-bun with sauerkraut*

*takes bite*

*closes door*

*Sneaks up while Np isn't looking*

*opens door*

*splash of Mayo on sausage-in-a-bun without sauerkraut*

*Takes BIG bite*

*Leaves door open, as its cold enough round here anyway*

* Sees a Friggin great big red horse in Nps Kitchen*

*Gets the hell out of dodge*

From now on, Anybody wishing to boast about their manhood will boldly claim they are "Hung like a Friggin great big red horse"

I demand this is written into the TLW terms and conditions and the constitution.