You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quoting Rashid....

dave u

Low level bullying is about the word for it, not quoting me is bullshit too but I understand that Dave has to respond to the mountain of PM's he has about me. I guess the internet is full of dullards who wouldn't survive 10 minutes in the real world... people will be walking into pubs with exclusions zones soon.

I am a big boy though, I can take it and refuse to be driven out by gang of eejits.

Anyone who has pm'd teacher over this wants to have a word with themselves

To complain about someone being childlike and then go through the back door to teacher is just about the most childlike thing you can do

If the fact i have quoted rashid on this thread pisses you off im sure you can PM Teacher to have a quiet word with me?

I wouldnt bother i post what i want to post on here not what anyone else says i can post

Id rather not take part than be censored as to what i can and can't post

The only time ignore should be used is if you get a load of biitters or mancs coming on after a defeat on the wind up other than that i cant see a use for it on a forum where Liverpool fans discuss the club

People say Rash repeats himself but if the topic is about something you have a strong view on then your view wont change and it is understandable that he will repeat his point

If we all thought alike this place would be dull as dishwater

I am bad but not as bad as those who choose to hound me at every turn. Self awareness is one thing but bullying another (albeit the cowardly internet type)

Shut up with the victim shite you have a set of balls about time you showed them

This is cyber land you choose to come here so dont moan about being a victim when you do

Its like moaning

Shut up with the victim shite you have a set of balls about time you showed them

This is cyber land you choose to come here so dont moan about being a victim when you do

Its like moaning

No way will I moan.. I have never asked for anyone to be banned and love the "Free for all" atmosphere of the net. Its when people moan about me that gets my back up...

I have had my spats with Rash and will probably continue to do so. And that isn't me saying I am personally going to continue purposefully having debates with him, there are going to be times when our opinions cross in the future. But I don't hate him, I don't want him banned, I have made comments that come across like that in the past, but deep down I don't feel like that.

Everybody who has posted regularly on here for a few years all know what he is like, and I can see why people get frustrated, as I do. However what i don't agree with is the new folk getting on his back because they have seen an experienced poster have a go at him. One prime example lately would be EmilHamilton, some of his outbursts have been uncalled for and down right ignorant and abusive.

I understand Rash feeling vindicated about Dave telling people not to quote him, however I can see why Dave has done it. It may not be to everybody's taste and belief, but something had to be done to keep the people who have him on ignore happy.

So whatever the stance Dave took his hands were tied.

Nobody is perfect and some people, me included just need to learn to browse past Rash's posts if they don't want to read them. It's as simple as that.

In the famous words of Rocky Balboa "‘If I can change and you can change…we can all change"

From now on, no-one is to quote him, and if they do the posts will be edited to remove his quotes.

I'm not banning him, as he's done nothing wrong in my opinion, other than post more than he should and repeating himself a lot. Clearly a lot of people are at the end of their tether with him, so to all of those, put him on ignore.

The ignore option only works if people don't quote him, so this is the solution I've come up with.

DON'T QUOTE RASHID!!!

Can't the "people" that have Rash on ignore just put the people that quote him on ignore as well?

Seriously if these people can get to the end of their tether over someone repeating themselves or having a different opinion to them, they're probably a menace to society and should be euthanised. At the very least, if they don't have the ability to skip past a post with the name RASHID in bold ...without feeling the need to PM the editor, then they need some form of medication.

Anyone who has pm'd teacher over this wants to have a word with themselves

Agreed. I don't have him on ignore, and I don't agree with this quoting ban either. Doesn't make sense.

People say Rash repeats himself but if the topic is about something you have a strong view on then your view wont change and it is understandable that he will repeat his point

Disagree. Don't know about others, but thats not what I was on about before. What you're referring to is "sticking to your guns" - which is fine. What I was referring to was his refusal to even acknowledge counter-arguments, even when they directly address his rants. And then he goes on to repeat his rant, in exactly the same form as originally.

Thats why, with Rashid, the debate (whatever it may be) never advances. It just gets stuck in "initial rant" phase. And thats what pisses me off. Its like an endless merry-go-round.