You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quoting Rashid....

dave u

See, this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about the other day. Everyone thinks they know how to run the forum, like this guy for example.

Rashid is a problem, I get people complaining about him all the time and wanting him banned. I tried it once (against my better judgement), and all hell broke loose because some want him banned whilst others think it's outrageous. You can't please everyone.

Did him being banned make the forum so much better? Not in my opinion it didn't. It made no difference, and people were still moaning about how the forum isn't what it was and blah blah blah.

After a while I relented to one of the several dozen requests from him to be let back on. Now people are calling for him to be banned again. I don't think he should be banned, as I don't have any real problem with him other than the repetitive nature of his constant posting. I wish he'd learn to shut the fuck up sometimes, but it looks like that will never happen as he can't help himself.

The ignore option should solve the problem, but doesn't because of the amount of people who quote him. It renders that option meaningless to those who don't want to have his views rammed down their throats on every thread.

So what do I do? I don't want to ban him, but I can't allow him (and those who want to bicker with him) to constantly take over every thread.

I come up with a solution that if people stuck to it, in theory it should solve the problem, and what happens? I get this guy telling me I showed 'very poor judgement to both start this thread and let it continue for as long as it has'

You think I showed poor judgement? Well so fucking what. As I've said, it's easy to sit there and pontificate about how the forum should be run, but how many of you have ever had to actually fucking do it? It's like being in charge of a school trip to a sweet factory, where half the kids just run amok and do as they please.

There's no perfect solution to the Rashid situation, but this is the best thing I could come up with to try and keep eveyone happy.

Rafa Shankly, if you don't like my judgement then start your own forum and you can call the shots, and who knows, maybe I'll pop over there and complain about how you run things.

Dave, I must admit that, because I'm not that arsed by Rash, I have forgotten this rule a couple of times. I tell you what we could do though - you could ask all the mods to edit out the quotes if people forget. Let us know if that's something you're happy with.

I just think this whole thread is shitehouse (not by Dave but by the rest)... it's fucking disgusting behaviour by a gang of absolute arseholes. Every wanker is trying to put pressure on Dave one way or the other in the hope he cracks... and then on the flipside make me into a black sheep. It's disgusting... I stay because I simply refuse to be bullied by people who are obviously no marks.

Rash, if that was aimed at me, I've got no idea why. I've never had you on ignore and never will. I agree with much of what you say and have defended you millions of times. However, the fact remains that, for whatever reason, your presence causes problems on the site and Dave has come up with a solution that is not working because knob heads like me keep forgetting not to do it. If the mods edit out the quotes, you get to stay and the people who can't cope with the madness can ignore it. What's the problem with that? I don't want you gone or want to exclude you, you massive fucking drama queen. Man up, mate.

Rash, if that was aimed at me, I've got no idea why. I've never had you on ignore and never will. I agree with much of what you say and have defended you millions of times. However, the fact remains that, for whatever reason, your presence causes problems on the site and Dave has come up with a solution that is not working because knob heads like me keep forgetting not to do it. If the mods edit out the quotes, you get to stay and the people who can't cope with the madness can ignore it. What's the problem with that? I don't want you gone or want to exclude you, you massive fucking drama queen. Man up, mate.

I'd have preferred someone I respect like you not to get involved in becoming teacher's pet (the irony)... but then do as you please. I expect it from bellends like Dirk (Dave) but not you Paul.

The concept of what goes on here with me, leaves a bad taste and is a small reflection on everything that is wrong with the world/society these days.

I think it's called irrational hatred.

What the fuck are you on about, Rash? Are you saying I'm lying? I'll say again: there's a problem with a faulty solution that can be resolved by moderators editing out quotes of yours. I don't mean editing your posts, you whopper; I mean editing your bit from other people's when they quote you. I'd have thought you'd aprreciate someone trying to find a solution that satisfies the anti-Rash brigade without you getting banned.

To be honest, I thought about just doing it anyway, but I know Dave doesn't like any moderation unless he specifically agrees to it. I was asked to be a mod and I agreed. How the fuck am I being teacher's pet? What is the problem with what I'm saying? It's designed to make the forum work, not force you out, you huge fucking div. You're out of order mate and I reckon you know so too.

I don't honestly see what the problem is here. A public forum will have people you disagree with.

There is often 5 or 6 debates going on in the one thread. Rash gives noone abuse don't engage him if it urkes you.

Mate, I agree. However, the problem is that there are dozens of people who aparently can't do that. Who is hurt by the solution proposed herein? No-one as far as I can see.

Mate, I agree. However, the problem is that there are dozens of people who aparently can't do that. Who is hurt by the solution proposed herein? No-one as far as I can see.

Then the problem lies with the others and not Rash and people should get of his case. If they like him or not.

Then the problem lies with the others and not Rash and people should get of his case. If they like him or not.

But that's like saying we could end the war in Iraq if only we could all just get along: highly desirable, but not at all likely. Ah, fuck it, I was only thinking of the good of the forum (and Rash, too, actually).

But that's like saying we could end the war in Iraq if only we could all just get along: highly desirable, but not at all likely. Ah, fuck it, I was only thinking of the good of the forum (and Rash, too, actually).

Sorry Paul you are correct. He has done nothing though.

For my part, a big slice of the reason I often have Rashid on ignore (and I do regularly give him a chance and take it off again like I will tonight because I'm talking about him) is that, having read his posts on more than one forum over the years, and seen him banned from most, he just never changes.

I've nothing personal against him at all and sometimes agree with him, but Rash, you post very negatively about the manager, you're the poster boy for every FM player we don't have, and you post endlessly about how we're not as good as this team or that team (usually Arsenal even though we generally do better than them in a season under Rafa), never ever conceding a point. This polarises threads and means I have read pages and pages since about 2003 of your endlessly similar opinion and people disagreeing with it.

You also make vehement personal attacks on people who become frustrated when they disagree with you, and this has usually been the trigger point for me putting you on ignore on this forum, even though sometimes they might deserve it for starting on you.

I just think you should make your point in fewer posts, on the relevant threads, not try to make every thread into a vehicle for your point of view, and ignore people who slag you off, then maybe we could all get along. Give it some thought, you might find it works better for you.

I realise you might think I'm talking shit or bullying you or condescending or whatever, but honestly that is not my intention, I'm just letting you know how I and presumably other people might feel.

Chin up fella, you're by no means the worst poster in the world and I do believe you're a red at heart.

The truth at last. Well in fella.

Paul - I was talking about you editing my quotes... like a teachers pet for Dave. You guys need to get a new job.

What the fuck are you on about? Answer in full and frank sentences that make it abundantly clear why it would be a problem, because I have not got a fucking clue why you've seen your arse about something that would improve the forum and make a ban for you less likely.

What the fuck are you on about? Answer in full and frank sentences that make it abundantly clear why it would be a problem, because I have not got a fucking clue why you've seen your arse about something that would improve the forum and make a ban for you less likely.

If I am banned, what would I be banned for Paul?

Why should people who use this forum, who want to engage in a debate/conversation with theRash have to be forbiddedn to use the Quote function when its much easier for people who want to ignore him, to just ignore him.

You see somebodys quoted theRash, then don't read the quote. Don't respond to the quote.

Why should people who use this forum, who want to engage in a debate/conversation with theRash have to be forbiddedn to use the Quote function when its much easier for people who want to ignore him, to just ignore him.

You see somebodys quoted theRash, then don't read the quote. Don't respond to the quote.

You are right but you are even worse. Its like Mini me/ Robo rash,