You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quoting Rashid....

dave u

So what basically amounts to a public lashing,humiliation if you will is perfectly acceptable.

ffs just ban the guy rather submit him to this,no matter what anyone thinks about him,one thing you can not level at him is he goes around being abusive.

Very poor judgment to both start this thread and let it continue as long as it has.

See, this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about the other day. Everyone thinks they know how to run the forum, like this guy for example.

Rashid is a problem, I get people complaining about him all the time and wanting him banned. I tried it once (against my better judgement), and all hell broke loose because some want him banned whilst others think it's outrageous. You can't please everyone.

Did him being banned make the forum so much better? Not in my opinion it didn't. It made no difference, and people were still moaning about how the forum isn't what it was and blah blah blah.

After a while I relented to one of the several dozen requests from him to be let back on. Now people are calling for him to be banned again. I don't think he should be banned, as I don't have any real problem with him other than the repetitive nature of his constant posting. I wish he'd learn to shut the fuck up sometimes, but it looks like that will never happen as he can't help himself.

The ignore option should solve the problem, but doesn't because of the amount of people who quote him. It renders that option meaningless to those who don't want to have his views rammed down their throats on every thread.

So what do I do? I don't want to ban him, but I can't allow him (and those who want to bicker with him) to constantly take over every thread.

I come up with a solution that if people stuck to it, in theory it should solve the problem, and what happens? I get this guy telling me I showed 'very poor judgement to both start this thread and let it continue for as long as it has'

You think I showed poor judgement? Well so fucking what. As I've said, it's easy to sit there and pontificate about how the forum should be run, but how many of you have ever had to actually fucking do it? It's like being in charge of a school trip to a sweet factory, where half the kids just run amok and do as they please.

There's no perfect solution to the Rashid situation, but this is the best thing I could come up with to try and keep eveyone happy.

Rafa Shankly, if you don't like my judgement then start your own forum and you can call the shots, and who knows, maybe I'll pop over there and complain about how you run things.

See, this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about the other day. Everyone thinks they know how to run the forum, like this guy for example.

Rashid is a problem, I get people complaining about him all the time and wanting him banned. I tried it once (against my better judgement), and all hell broke loose because some want him banned whilst others think it's outrageous. You can't please everyone.

Did him being banned make the forum so much better? Not in my opinion it didn't. It made no difference, and people were still moaning about how the forum isn't what it was and blah blah blah.

After a while I relented to one of the several dozen requests from him to be let back on. Now people are calling for him to be banned again. I don't think he should be banned, as I don't have any real problem with him other than the repetitive nature of his constant posting. I wish he'd learn to shut the fuck up sometimes, but it looks like that will never happen as he can't help himself.

The ignore option should solve the problem, but doesn't because of the amount of people who quote him. It renders that option meaningless to those who don't want to have his views rammed down their throats on every thread.

So what do I do? I don't want to ban him, but I can't allow him (and those who want to bicker with him) to constantly take over every thread.

I come up with a solution that if people stuck to it, in theory it should solve the problem, and what happens? I get this guy telling me I showed 'very poor judgement to both start this thread and let it continue for as long as it has'

You think I showed poor judgement? Well so fucking what. As I've said, it's easy to sit there and pontificate about how the forum should be run, but how many of you have ever had to actually fucking do it? It's like being in charge of a school trip to a sweet factory, where half the kids just run amok and do as they please.

There's no perfect solution to the Rashid situation, but this is the best thing I could come up with to try and keep eveyone happy.

Rafa Shankly, if you don't like my judgement then start your own forum and you can call the shots, and who knows, maybe I'll pop over there and complain about how you run things.

Do people need a forum button to avoid/ignore theRash* though?

Can't they just see that somebody has quoted Rash and then NOT READ THE QUOTE.

Hardly rocket science.

Why should those who are happy to debate/talk with him have to have a key function of the forum disallowed.

*He gets Respeck

Do people need a forum button to avoid/ignore theRash* though?

Can't they just see that somebody has quoted Rash and then NOT READ THE QUOTE.

Hardly rocket science.

Why should those who are happy to debate/talk with him have to have a key function of the forum disallowed.

*He gets Respeck

Did you even read what Dave just wrote?

His forum, his way of dealing with problems. End of discussion.

After a while I relented to one of the several dozen requests from him to be let back on

:D

rash - 'please dave'

dave - 'no'

rash - 'please dave'

dave - 'no'

rash - 'please dave'

dave - 'no'

rash - 'please dave'

dave - 'no'

rash - 'please dave'

dave - 'no'

rash - 'please dave'

dave - ...

rash - ...

rash - 'please dave'

dave - 'no'

rash - 'please dave'

dave - 'no'

rash - 'please dave'

dave - ...

dave - *sigh* 'oh go on then'

I think rash is ace personally and if I had all the money in the world I'd buy all the players he wants because lets face it we'd be the most attacking best team in the universe and what liverpool fan doesn't want to see that?

take rash with a pinch of salt and you'll live longer :yes:

It doesn't make any difference what we think or feel about this, Dave is making a decision.

Lets not turn this into a Rash' discussion thread and lets do turn it into a "do as the forum owners are asking" thread.

It isn't that difficult.