You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Wombats - A rant about British Music

CharleyKnight

Anyone heard them? Probably the worst fuckin band I have ever heard. A proper shower of overatted over played cunts. They typify all that is wrong with British music at the moment. I am serioulsy fuckin dissapointed, nay gutted with the British music scene at the moment. So many decent, good talented bands floating around there but not getting a sniff when talentless cunts like Mika, The Hoosiers and some Pop Idol cum stains reaping every award and plaudit there is going. Something needs to be done.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit harsh, I thought. They're not great but there's a lot more shite out there than the Wombats.

Yea they're more average than actually being shit. Now Mika is total shit and deserves to die from some horribly rancid painful condition, like the plague or sphilus or something like that!

The music scene in Britain is awesome. Ever thought of looking for it elsewhere if where you are looking all you can see is shit?

Stu I agree with you whole heartedly. The British music scene is brilliant and has been since, in my opinion, the early sixties, if you know where to look for it. However nowadays the mainstream is absolute fuckin garbage. Even back in the mid nineties so called mainstream music was still boss, Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, Suede etc. These bands where regulars in the top 10. It seems now that the divide between great bands and mainstream pop music is bigger than ever. It seems that decent to excellent bands are not getting any recognition while X Factor winners, re formed bands and cunts like Mika are seen as the epitomy of British music. It's a fuckin disgrace. Espescially in a day and age when music is so accessible (MySpace, Youtube, Itunes etc) these bands aren't getting the credit they deserve.

The problem is that everyone is trying to impersonate some other band that they heard and calling it 'influence'.

Most of them sound all the fucking same... I like all sorts of music but once you get mainstream you can't discern any of the rubbish from the other rubbish because they are too busy trying to fit into a fucking genre.

The problem is that everyone is trying to impersonate some other band that they heard and calling it 'influence'.

Most of them sound all the fucking same... I like all sorts of music but once you get mainstream you can't discern any of the rubbish from the other rubbish because they are too busy trying to fit into a fucking genre.

Yeah, the old "influenced by" chestnut. Oasis fans look away now: I think we can point at those manc cunts and say without a doubt that "they started it." They proved a point that you can make a very successful career out of creating music for the masses without having a single original musical idea of their own. Musicians (well, karaoke singers in the main, let's face it) can point at the success of Oasis and say "I'm gonna try that." Result - talentless, repetitive mediocrity.

Nice one Oasis. What a band.....

I suggest some of you aren't really looking.

There's always great new music out there hiding away in the underground, despite what shite's in the charts.

Being in a band I get to see a lot of unsigned shows in the capital and I'll tell you what, there's some cracking bands not getting signed/airplay.

At least we have guitar bands in the charts these days, not like it was a few years ago back in the last 90's/early 00's with the boy band/pop explosion.

Get yourselves out there and look for it, don't compare 'new music' with whats in the charts and on the radio. That's not a relection of what's new at all.

In fact that's the last place you should look.

Yeah, the old "influenced by" chestnut. Oasis fans look away now: I think we can point at those manc cunts and say without a doubt that "they started it." They proved a point that you can make a very successful career out of creating music for the masses without having a single original musical idea of their own. Musicians (well, karaoke singers in the main, let's face it) can point at the success of Oasis and say "I'm gonna try that." Result - talentless, repetitive mediocrity.

Nice one Oasis. What a band.....

Oasis fucking rule.

Oasis fucking rule.

I respect your opinion but in my opinion (which also happens to be the right one) Oasis suck cock and are the most overrated bunch of fucking shitstains that popular culture has produced in this country for years. But then that's the masses for you isn't it.