You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Ellis on Sky this morning.

"I could have sold to them for a lot more money..made a bigger profit for myself. However, in the process I would have put a millstone round the neck of Aston Villa due to them taking a dividend to make interest payments. Randy Lerner didn't want to do this and I'm glad I sold to him rather than Gillett'

"I could have sold to them for a lot more money..made a bigger profit for myself. However, in the process I would have put a millstone round the neck of Aston Villa due to them taking a dividend to make interest payments. Randy Lerner didn't want to do this and I'm glad I sold to him rather than Gillett'

It is impressive the way Lerner has conducted himself in his short term at Villa - got himself a decent manager and backed him with significant funds.

We are all blaming G&H when we should really be shooting Moores and Parry. They were the ones who put us in this mess in the first place.

Oh and Doug is a bit tit himself.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett’s £350m loan hope

Jan 24 2008 by David Bartlett, Liverpool Daily Post

LIVERPOOL FC co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett could announce the completion of a £350m refinancing deal with Royal Bank of Scotland and American investment bank Wachovia as early as today.

Sources said revised plans for a new Anfield stadium will be revealed at the same time as the financing package in a bumper announcement that the Americans hope to use to signal their continuing commitment to the club.

It is thought any deal will be unveiled by Monday at the latest.

The Daily Post understands that Dubai International Capital (DIC) are still keen to buy Liverpool but they will not pay over the odds and will probably “cool” their interest should the refinancing go through.

The refinancing deal is not expected not see the full debt loaded on to the club, as many fans had feared.

A source said: “The refinancing deal is going through. It could go through today, Friday or Monday.”

The source said £105m will be put on the club’s books - £60m for the stadium project, and £45m for working capital which has helped finance the purchase of players.

This is seen as an entirely legitimate way to operate as those costs were associated with the running of Liverpool FC.

The terms of the agreement are also expected to see Hicks and Gillett putting in some of their own money - around £40m - supported by personal guarantees and letters of credit.

The debt could be paid off personally by Hicks and Gillett with the club paying the pair dividends each year.

The Daily Post understands that Hicks and Gillett had been initially keen to put the full £350m on LFC.

So its Monday now. Mmmmmm

Tom Hicks and George Gillett’s £350m loan hope

Jan 24 2008 by David Bartlett, Liverpool Daily Post

LIVERPOOL FC co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett could announce the completion of a £350m refinancing deal with Royal Bank of Scotland and American investment bank Wachovia as early as today.

Sources said revised plans for a new Anfield stadium will be revealed at the same time as the financing package in a bumper announcement that the Americans hope to use to signal their continuing commitment to the club.

It is thought any deal will be unveiled by Monday at the latest.

The Daily Post understands that Dubai International Capital (DIC) are still keen to buy Liverpool but they will not pay over the odds and will probably “cool” their interest should the refinancing go through.

The refinancing deal is not expected not see the full debt loaded on to the club, as many fans had feared.

A source said: “The refinancing deal is going through. It could go through today, Friday or Monday.”

The source said £105m will be put on the club’s books - £60m for the stadium project, and £45m for working capital which has helped finance the purchase of players.

This is seen as an entirely legitimate way to operate as those costs were associated with the running of Liverpool FC.

The terms of the agreement are also expected to see Hicks and Gillett putting in some of their own money - around £40m - supported by personal guarantees and letters of credit.

The debt could be paid off personally by Hicks and Gillett with the club paying the pair dividends each year.

The Daily Post understands that Hicks and Gillett had been initially keen to put the full £350m on LFC.

So its Monday now. Mmmmmm

God bless G&H and the £45m they've spent on new players.

Last season they borrowed £79m more than it cost to buy the shares and pay off the debts.

Our net spend on players was what, £20m? West Ham reckoned relegation would cost them £30m, so it would be safe to assume that we earned more than that by finishing where we did. We also got to the CL final, near-as-dammit sold out most home games, sold a lot of merchandise too no doubt.

I really can't work out why they would need to borrow money for the amount of money they spent on players.

Some of that £79m might be justifiable, but where did it all go? And why do they now want another £52m?

I would imagine they have done what Gillett did in my signature.

this is fraustration talking but I'm getting a little fucked off with the DIC, where's this bid? where was the bid before the yanks got in? if fact have the DIC actually EVER put in an actual bid rather than just 'shown interest'?

a deal with the DIC isn't going to happen we need to wise up and deal with it.

Last season they borrowed £79m more than it cost to buy the shares and pay off the debts.

Our net spend on players was what, £20m? West Ham reckoned relegation would cost them £30m, so it would be safe to assume that we earned more than that by finishing where we did. We also got to the CL final, near-as-dammit sold out most home games, sold a lot of merchandise too no doubt.

I really can't work out why they would need to borrow money for the amount of money they spent on players.

Some of that £79m might be justifiable, but where did it all go? And why do they now want another £52m?

Exactly.

My dear friend. It's called milking the cow.

this is fraustration talking but I'm getting a little fucked off with the DIC, where's this bid? where was the bid before the yanks got in? if fact have the DIC actually EVER put in an actual bid rather than just 'shown interest'?

a deal with the DIC isn't going to happen we need to wise up and deal with it.

I’ve not given up hope, but realistically I don’t believe we’ll get rid of the two thieves. Also, even if DIC did come to our rescue, there’s every chance they’d exploit us too.

Basically we’re being raped as we speak. We’re the Titanic having just hit that iceberg. We’re going down. But one thing will never die, the passion of the supporters. After we’ve been fucked and left to die, Liverpool F.C. will, like Lazarus, rise from the dead. We’ll all be here when that happens. We might be relegated and maybe relegated from relegation. But Liverpool F.C. will resurrect.

As far as I’m concerned a fast and quick death is better than being tortured for years. I’ll go inside my shelter now with all the old DVD’s of happy days, every now and then look outside for the golden sky that’s supposed to appear at the end of the storm. When I hear that sweet silver song of the lark, I’ll be back.

I’ve not given up hope, but realistically I don’t believe we’ll get rid of the two thieves. Also, even if DIC did come to our rescue, there’s every chance they’d exploit us too.

Basically we’re being raped as we speak. We’re the Titanic having just hit that iceberg. We’re going down. But one thing will never die, the passion of the supporters. After we’ve been fucked and left to die, Liverpool F.C. will, like Lazarus, rise from the dead. We’ll all be here when that happens. We might be relegated and maybe relegated from relegation. But Liverpool F.C. will resurrect.

As far as I’m concerned a fast and quick death is better than being tortured for years. I’ll go inside my shelter now with all the old DVD’s of happy days, every now and then look outside for the golden sky that’s supposed to appear at the end of the storm. When I hear that sweet silver song of the lark, I’ll be back.

ok.

Tony Barrett :

Meanwhile, doubts persist about Tom Hicks’ ability to deliver on his pledge to complete a £350m refinancing deal with the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia.

Sources close to the deal insist it will be difficult to tie up all the loose ends today and it could be tomorrow or even Monday before it is finally concluded.

DIC remain interested in buying the club from Hicks and co-owner George Gillett and are waiting in the wings should there be any last minute hitches with refinancing.

Tony Barrett :

Meanwhile, doubts persist about Tom Hicks’ ability to deliver on his pledge to complete a £350m refinancing deal with the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia.

Sources close to the deal insist it will be difficult to tie up all the loose ends today and it could be tomorrow or even Monday before it is finally concluded.

DIC remain interested in buying the club from Hicks and co-owner George Gillett and are waiting in the wings should there be any last minute hitches with refinancing.

From depression to hope and back to depression. And now, new hope?

It’s a farce. Maybe TomR’s right after all. The yanks won’t get the loan, they’re bluffing and DIC will call.

From depression to hope and back to depression. And now, new hope?

It’s a farce. Maybe TomR’s right after all. The yanks won’t get the loan, they’re bluffing and DIC will call.

Not really, just says it may be today or Monday. Berett's articles don't really reveal much outside of the national press, not slagging him off but it's not like when Bascombe was here and that situation was reversed - although to be fair he had the best part of a decade to build contacts and get the inside track.

Bascombe's Sunday article will make interesting reading.

How much of a message does it send then if DIC are only 'waiting in the wings'? Surely this just tells us they will only pursue buying us if they can have us on the cheap?

That doesnt exactly fill me with much confidence either.

What do you expect them to do? Pay the £1bn that Tom and Jerry are asking for?

They have always made it clear that they won't pay over the odds. They may have more money than G&H but it will still be a business to them.