You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

4 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Extraction 2

It's like watching someone else play a video game.

Exactly my thoughts. How did the guy end up surrounded by 1,000 enemies and not a single one of them had a gun? There’s also a scene where he’s using a ladder for cover. Let that sink in.

Indiana Jones 5.

For 1hr 45 mins I was sat there thinking “I don’t hate this, it’s actually pretty good”.

And then the ending absolutely shat on the entire film. I honestly think that’s the worst film ending I’ve ever seen. I’m absolutely speechless. Like, what the fuck? 

I’m in disbelief whoever wrote the script, none of the actors, the director and whoever signs the cheques to get the film made didn’t stop and say “THIS ENDING IS FUCKING SHITE”.

What the actual fuck. 

Indiana Jones 5 - 6.5/10

I enjoyed it but the ending was pretty bad, the beginning to middle was pretty good though.

Overall the film was missing something for me. Ended way too suddenly too.

Fun at times though and I’m always going to enjoy an Indiana Jones film but it’s still all about the first three in the series.

Also, is Indy suffering from dementia and they are all playing along to bring him back to reality? 

”Are You Back?…etc

I partly joke but……. 

Indy V - 6/10

Thought it was going to be awful, but it wasn't. Not a patch on the originals, but it's entertaining. As others have said already - the last half hour is best watched with vodka shots. 

On 05/07/2023 at 23:34, Mook said:

Ad Astra - Not impressed with this, 4/10

Requiem For A Dream - Extremely fucked up, 7/10

Absolutely nightmarish, that last ten minute montage is horrific. When even Jennifer Connolly sharing a double-ended dildo in a lesbian anal scene provokes revulsion rather than a frantic search for tissues, you know the film's hit home. 

• Upvote 1

Rogue One.

Watched this with the kids & I really enjoyed it although there was too much story and not enough light saber battles for them. 

Felicity Jones and Darth Vader's late cameo were definite highlights but I think this is most likely the best Star Wars film since they made Revenge of the Sith (which I also enjoy).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

Absolutely nightmarish, that last ten minute montage is horrific. When even Jennifer Connolly sharing a double-ended dildo in a lesbian anal scene provokes revulsion rather than a frantic search for tissues, you know the film's hit home. 

I’ve never heard of this film. This sentence has peaked my interest. Quick look on IMDB and I see Jared Leto is in it. I’ll pass. 

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve never heard of this film. This sentence has peaked my interest. Quick look on IMDB and I see Jared Leto is in it. I’ll pass. 

It's a brilliant film, but utterly harrowing. It's up there with Martyrs as a film which is really disturbing, yet very compelling and something which you'd never really want to watch again as it gets under your skin and burns.

12 hours ago, Mudface said:

It's a brilliant film, but utterly harrowing. It's up there with Martyrs as a film which is really disturbing, yet very compelling and something which you'd never really want to watch again as it gets under your skin and burns.

An interesting Sunday morning watch. 

Connolly Is lovely. A Hollywood Sasha Grey.

12 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Lola. A couple of women in 1941 invent a machine that can receive radio signals from the future and use it to fight the war. It’s better than it sounds. 

Ive been looking for that. Where did you see it?

12 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Lola. A couple of women in 1941 invent a machine that can receive radio signals from the future and use it to fight the war. It’s better than it sounds. 

Nice one mate, added to my watchlist. As I was just searching through my Trakt app though, there appears to be about 200 flipping films all with the same title.

Something Wild. Haven’t seen this in ages. I like revisiting old films from the 80s and this one holds up really well. Directed by Jonathan Demme who went on to direct Silence Of The Lambs. Good cast. Melanie Griffith. Jeff Daniels and an outstanding turn from Ray Liotta playing a crazed psycho ex husband. Part road movie. Part screwball comedy. I give it 8.5 out of ten. Extra points for Griffith getting her tits out. 

Guardians No3

It was ok.

Same of the same old thing, finds the cooky gang doin the same old zany space caper thingy, in the same old zany kinda way, with a Toy Story kinda feel to it at times, whilst trying to pluck another 70’s/80’s track out of a obscurity, with some modern foot tapping “this is mine and Debs song’ kind of blaaah. 

felt tired and laboured and the teet has most definitely gone arid, on this particular franchise.

the blue one has put a pound or two on as well, and for the better I hasten to add. 

6 re-hashes / 10 same old recipes