You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Drive 9/10

Fucking superb. Actually better than I thought it would be.

Gosling's performance is absolute quality. If anyone ever decides to do a remake of Taxi Driver, he has to play Travis Bickle. Has he become the finest actor of his generation?

Source Code 6/10

I just didn't know what to think after I watched this. Some part of me says what a load of shite and another part if me is saying very good.

Moneyball 8.5/10

I have no interest in baseball whatsoever and loved this. Brilliant performances all round, especially from Pitt.

Kill List - Atmospheric, disturbed vibe in this, gets better as it goes along. Great use of sound and edits. Initially I was mildly disappointed as soon as the last 'title' came up on screen because I knew how it would end, as I noticed the foreshadowing scene earlier on.

However, the more I thought about the film afterwards, the more I appreciated it. Definitely one that can be thought about and figured out afterwards in regards to what various stuff represented etc.

Also great to see Tyres from Spaced in a feature length film. (Gal)

8.5/10

Fuck off man - it's a load of bollocks - fuck all to think about. 2/10

Season of the witch-I like these type of films and this was watchable 7/10

Black death-I loved this film a bit similar in a way to season of the witch but this is a british film. 8/10

Watched both of these and thought Season of the Witch was a ridiculous load of old tosh. Black Death is pretty good though.

Drive.

Takes a while to get going and the lead is not at all convincing as a hard bastard. A bit of style over substance and pretending to be a bit too 80's. Soundtrack and pink graphics. Having said that I enjoyed it 7.9/10

Moneyball.

A skint team signing monged up players because they were cheap. It was a bit close to home except our weren't cheap for that reason 5/10

Lake Mongo 10/10. Fly-on-the-wall English docudrama about an Englishman who murders his friends' wives, eats them and dumps the remains in a reservoir.

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) - 9/10. Bleak as fuck, very dark and compelling for the entire 2h 40m. Awesome.

Agree with that. It's as bleak as Se7en, and quite a bit darker than the original Swedish movie. However, it still doesn't match the bleakness of the original source novel (understandably, to keep the running time reasonable). I'd say the acting is a bit better than in the Swedish version, but as well as Rooney Mara does playing Lisbeth Salander, for me, Noomi Rapace IS Lisbeth Salander.