You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

burglar alarm been going off for two days straight

philyhamann

can't sleep cause of it, and its usually hot as hell in my room cause if I open the windows its even louder. Feel sorry for the poor sods living next door to it.

If its still going tommorow, i'm thinking about sneaking up at about 1am and putting a brick through the window, then the police will do something a bout it thinking there has been a break in.

Sound plan?

• 16 years later...

My alarm has been going ape-shit all week. Had the alarm guy out yesterday and 5 minutes after he'd gone, the bastard went off again.

Probs / hopefully just a new battery required.

Went off again At 11:50 and again at 1am, the neighbours must fucking hate me, and I wouldn't blame them tbh.

I took the fuse out of the cunt the last time it went off and hopefully that'll deter the twat from going off again.

More fucking trouble than they're worth imo and I'd decommission the lot were it not for my insurance and mortgage companies insistence that we have one.

Fingers crossed no more shit tonight.

23 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

My alarm has been going ape-shit all week. Had the alarm guy out yesterday and 5 minutes after he'd gone, the bastard went off again.

Probs / hopefully just a new battery required.

Went off again At 11:50 and again at 1am, the neighbours must fucking hate me, and I wouldn't blame them tbh.

I took the fuse out of the cunt the last time it went off and hopefully that'll deter the twat from going off again.

More fucking trouble than they're worth imo and I'd decommission the lot were it not for my insurance and mortgage companies insistence that we have one.

Fingers crossed no more shit tonight.

Have you checked in all your cupboards? 

A freind of mine installs alarms. We live quite near the Chelsea training ground so a few players have been his clients. He gets the occasional call out to disable the cctv for when player’s wife are away visiting their parents in Europe and the mistress comes around. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

A freind of mine installs alarms. We live quite near the Chelsea training ground so a few players have been his clients. He gets the occasional call out to disable the cctv for when player’s wife are away visiting their parents in Europe and the mistress comes around. 

You mean rent boy yeah?

Remember when I worked in retail a fella came out service the alarms. When he left my question to him was " I won't have any issues with setting this later will I" " no pal it's all fine"

Tried setting the alarm and straight away it went off. Had ring the alarm company. Three hours later and stuck at work another guy comes out. The daft twat had set it to  trigger within 6 seconds of being set instead of 60 seconds.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Remember when I worked in retail a fella came out service the alarms. When he left my question to him was " I won't have any issues with setting this later will I" " no pal it's all fine"

Tried setting the alarm and straight away it went off. Had ring the alarm company. Three hours later and stuck at work another guy comes out. The daft twat had set it to  trigger within 6 seconds of being set instead of 60 seconds.

Ive had a lot of experience with callout engineers. My current team are £349 for the callout and then an obscene hourly rate. I often wonder if the majority of them deliberately not solve the problem in the hope that a further callout is needed,  and who would blame them tbh.

9 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Love stories like this. I knew someone who worked in a private hospital in Sheffield. United and Wednesday used to send players there to be treated for, ahem, bacterial and viral infections.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Love stories like this. I knew someone who worked in a private hospital in Sheffield. United and Wednesday used to send players there to be treated for, ahem, bacterial and viral infections.

article-2339094-1A3EC69D000005DC-863_634