You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

shipment_of_fail1.jpg

Their first three albums were quality, the latest one is pretty poor.

They're more famous now because it wasn't until they gained more commercial success with their third album, and got to headline festivals and gig in bigger venues, so they built up a bigger fanbase. They have been a great band for years though.

But saying they're manufactured is a load of bollocks.

Their first 3 albums where shit, and so is their new one. They are utter shite, I think I hate them.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people think that being catchy is merely to appeal to radio and make money, then Molly's Chambers is about their catchiest song and that was from their first album, which according to a lot of people, was well before they 'sold out'.

I love Fans, Closer, Cold Desert, Molly's Chambers, Genius, My Party, On Call, Red Morning Light....not many of them that sound like each other, yet somehow they are manufactured corporate rock! They are family, FFS, hardly manufactured.

• 1 month later...
As in "I've just got four tickets to see the Kings of Leon in Manchester which makes me the daddy".

Awooga!

Might be a spare available in a few weeks if none of my entourage want to pick it up.

Im goin' too mate, you at the June the 22nd one?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8AvtYJDBoA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8AvtYJDBoA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

• 6 months later...

It really does sadden me how shit they've become. Compare their ridiculously lame recent offering to their first album and it's like comparing two totally different bands. Cold Dessert? Sex On Fire? Fuck. Off. Stop writing music for sexually frustrated 30 year old women and get back to writing about shagging supermodels and doing coke because your last album sucked fucking ass compared to Aha Shake

Attending nightclubs that play Black Eyed Peas, Britney Spears, 50 Cent and close with KoL while some of my mates stand there singing 'Oooooh ohhhh your sex is on fiiiiiiiiii-yah' makes me want to re-evaluate my life.

Popworld rules.

Negged.

I used to love them but that last album was a disgrace.

I remember hearing Youth and Young Manhood back in 2003 and getting very excited then going to see them in the Carling Academy a few months later. They were fucking amazing but now they seem to be declining so quickly.

I remember hearing Youth and Young Manhood back in 2003 and getting very excited then going to see them in the Carling Academy a few months later. They were fucking amazing but now they seem to be declining so quickly.

See I liked some of the last album but I can't decide whether the bits I didn't like were either too popular or actually just genuinely shit. 'Sex On Fire' for example is definitely shit. 'Closer' on the other hand is a good tune.

I went to see them at Oxegen, it was fucking depressing. They looked like they knew 3/4 of the crowd were there to hear 2 songs.

Popworld rules.

Negged.

Hang on just a minute, the day that Popworld plays some Fiddy Pence, is the day the world will no longer be worth living.

Nail. On. The. Head.

I have the same argument with a friend after a few jars to the sound of the first or second album.

My view is that they've simply 'sold out'. Writting songs that they know will keep their new stadium crowd happy, producing an album that they know will shift copies due it it's mainstream content.

It's not rocket science

My friends retort everytime? "They've just made the album they were destined to make"

I should probably stop talking to him about Kings of Leon