You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

Love the way Rafa just refers to ginsoak as "Ferguson". None of this sycophantic "Sir Alex" nonsense we get from the other managers.

BBC Sport - David Moyes: Top bosses on Man Utd appointment

Love the way the headline and the start of the article refers to top managers and then the article finishes with "while we also hear from Mark Hughes"!

How interesting how the 'In Brendan we trust' brigade demand that we all give 100% backing to a manager who has moved us from 8th to 7th but happily stab in the back the best manager this club has seen since maybe Paisley. Even Kenny's 1st time achievements, although very successful were with a league winning team and a budget to match any club in the world.

How interesting how the 'In Brendan we trust' brigade demand that we all give 100% backing to a manager who has moved us from 8th to 7th but happily stab in the back the best manager this club has seen since maybe Paisley. Even Kenny's 1st time achievements, although very successful were with a league winning team and a budget to match any club in the world.

I can only assume you're bored.

Or trolling. Kenny took over a league runner up team incidentally.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Strange conflation between pro-Rodgers and anti-Rafa. I'm pro-Rodgers and pro-Rafa. I'm just a fuckin' pro.

Nurse! He's out of bed again!

I can only assume you're bored.

Or trolling. Kenny took over a league runner up team incidentally.

No, I'm far from bored.

Kenny took over a superb team in a league far inferior from today. The comparisons cannot be made exactly but with respect to KD its easier to win again with a team who have been used to winning from 2nd place than it was when Rafa walked into. The bottom line is that maybe Kenny aside, RB was the best manager we have had since Paisley.

I fucking love Rafa. You know what, I love him more than I love Joe Fagan, or Bill Shankly, or Bob Paisley, because he's 'of my era', and I think that's fair enough.

He's a top lad and I love him because they all hated him and picked on him. Success in the face of attempted ridicule.

So he sold Alonso. So what. He made Alonso, he reserved the right to do whatever he wanted with him. Fuckwits on here in love with Alonso had never heard of the cunt before Rafa signed him up.

I still view him as a Liverpool manager. I dont accept the decision that was made in 2010, never have, and never will. Rodgers is still our manager mind, and I love Rodgers, but Rafa is like the Godparent.

I fucking love Rafa. You know what, I love him more than I love Joe Fagan, or Bill Shankly, or Bob Paisley, because he's 'of my era', and I think that's fair enough.

He's a top lad and I love him because they all hated him and picked on him. Success in the face of attempted ridicule.

So he sold Alonso. So what. He made Alonso, he reserved the right to do whatever he wanted with him. Fuckwits on here in love with Alonso had never heard of the cunt before Rafa signed him up.

I still view him as a Liverpool manager. I dont accept the decision that was made in 2010, never have, and never will. Rodgers is still our manager mind, and I love Rodgers, but Rafa is like the Godparent.

Exactly my thoughts. Great passionate post.

When you play good passing football people are more inclined to show a bit of leeway, hence Rodgers getting my 100% backing.

Makes a refreshing change from 7 years of Rafas anti football shite.

I agree totally. Fuck the CL win and the two finals in three years, oh and the FA cup win and the top ranking team in Europe for three years and over £100million prize money generated and if I may, the less than £8million nett spend per year.

But with Rodgers we won the passing. Whoop, Fucking Whoop. Oh and the trophy for 7th, get out the bunting.

I loved Rafa and didn't want him to go when he did, but he did go - I wanted Kenny to have another season but that was because it was Kenny, not because I felt he would do anything with it, but he also went.

This doesn't make me a Rodgers apologist, nor does it make me anti Rafa or mean that I am disrespecting Kenny. Rodgers is the manager of Liverpool FC. Our success is dependent upon him now, not Rafa or Kenny. Subjective statements about what we 'might' have done had they been in charge are useless, and not helpful.

What Rafa did, and what Kenny did, are not going to help us now - that will only be down to what Rodgers does.

I spoke to a Watford fan yesterday on our way back - and he said he always liked the way we supported our managers - we were unique amongst the big clubs in that way, and I had to laugh - because I don't think Rodgers has been really, this isn't necessarily a bad thing - he has to prove he is worthy first, but he hasn't been welcomed with open arms by everybody.

Saying that I would love Rafa to win on Wednesday - because he will add another trophy, 9 more than United's new manager - it will piss the Chelsea fans off, and he will hopefully secure a job that he deserves (Shalke is a great shout) and we can all move on.

Aye, me too. If anything on here its pro Rafa and anti Rodgers. Or anti both.

I am not anti-Rodgers, I like what he is doing. My only problem if I am being complete honest is; I feel Rodger MAY bring back some glory within the next few years and that is being very optimistic, but the bottom line is I want Rafa back before he moves to another team and becomes successful (which he will) and comfortable and coming back to Anfield will not be an option to him as it may be a big step backwards. Meanwhile, we plod on with unsuccessful managers and drop further and further down the league.

Rafa is not coming back Jesus Christ move the fuck on you whining tarts. Its like a man whose wife left him for his best friend 4 years ago and he is still sat on the couch crying over her pictur, change your life for fucks sake. Fuck me dalglish has done far more for this club than Rafa ever has when he was sacked I was fucking livid but I accepted it just like any other manager and I fucking move on. There football managers not fucking gurus, philosophers saints or the son of god. There's loads of capable managers out there, plenty who have won as much if not more than both men its spoken like there's only one man in the world who understands football and that's Rafa.

Why am I in this thread, where's a thread ignore option put it in a rawk sub folder. Its 2013 FFS.

I am not anti-Rodgers, I like what he is doing. My only problem if I am being complete honest is; I feel Rodger MAY bring back some glory within the next few years and that is being very optimistic, but the bottom line is I want Rafa back before he moves to another team and becomes successful (which he will) and comfortable and coming back to Anfield will not be an option to him as it may be a big step backwards. Meanwhile, we plod on with unsuccessful managers and drop further and further down the league.

This is not an anti-Rafa / Rodgers / Kenny post. He left with us being in 7th spot, which is where we will be with Rodgers at the end of this season. Kenny's last season we finished 8th. I don't think we will 'drop further and further down the league'. The only time we did fall down the league after Rafa left, was with Hodgson when we were near the relegation zone. That's where he left us. So I don't think we'll be hiring any more managers who will keep us in the bottom of the table again, but you make it sound like we're doing that now. I don't think that's what you meant. Is it?

Hahahaha.

Those two trophies in 6 years were absolutley the stuff of dreams.

Houllier was a better manager than Rafa and to even consider him in the same league as Fagan, Dalglish, Paisley and Shankly is just crazy shit.

Saying that I would love Rafa to win on Wednesday - because he will add another trophy, 9 more than United's new manager - it will piss the Chelsea fans off, and he will hopefully secure a job that he deserves (Shalke is a great shout) and we can all move on.

Generally, I agreed with everything you said until this point. Madness!

And surely you won't find a Chelsea fan who wants to lose on Weds either. Surely! But, if they do, we then have a situation where some Liverpool fans want Chelsea to win and some Chelsea fans want Chelsea to lose, all because of Benitez?

Insanity, I tell thee!

But with Rodgers we won the passing. Whoop, Fucking Whoop. Oh and the trophy for 7th, get out the bunting.

The same trophy for 7th we won in Rafa's last season, you mean?

Is it not possible to appreciate both managers while not needing to denigrate one of them? A lot of people surely sit in that boat. I know I do.