You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

Guest San Don
We are talking about the reigning CL holders- " the hardest dressing room in the league if not Europe,"- you are having a laugh aren't you?

Are you having a laugh? Either that or you've just proved your immense stupidity to the whole forum yet again (as if anyone didnt know!).

Astonishing isn't it?

It's bizarre, King. Just utterly bizarre.

We're talking about a club here that is the antithesis of everything LFC stands for, fans of said club who were slapping stickers around London reading 'Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything, Justice for the 39' and yet you have Liverpool fans wishing them good luck because of Rafa Benitez? It's fucking insane.

When he got the job, I said I hope he loses every game, bar ones against the shite and the Mancs. I stand by it and I'm not happy to see Chelsea win a European trophy regardless of who their manager is. My nan could have been in the dugout tonight and I'd have still wanted them to lose.

If the bloke takes a job abroad in the summer, I'll think 'fair fucks' and I'll want him to do well, but I doubt my interest will extend much beyond checking their results on the internet as a second thought on the net. If they win a trophy, I'll raise a smile. If they don't, I couldn't care.

Don't get me wrong, I like Rafa. I adore the man, in fact. I was there in Istanbul and he gave me the best day of my life. Until I have kids, I can't see anything topping it.

But I have never come across someone who divides the fanbase so much. I honestly think it's time certain people just started following whoever Rafa's in charge of. The recent Chelsea game was embarrassing. I clapped the fella as he came out and gave a little 'Ra-fa, Ra-fael' chant, but that was it because I was there to see Liverpool win. Halfway through the first half when knobheads were boogeying to La Bamba, I turned to the bird who sits next to us and said 'this is turning into a bad joke now'. If I was Rodgers, I'd have felt a cunt and seen my arse, to be honest.

Rafa's a boss manager; a fucking brilliant one even and a Liverpool legend. I'm just sick of every time we have a bad result that Dion Fanning (bare-faced liar, by the way) article is bumped or we have people mentioning Rafa's name. The highlight for me was when we drew with Reading away and there was a thread pushing for Rafa to take over in the summer, oblivious to the fact that we achieved the same result at the Madejski as Benitez's Chelsea.

Anyway, I could go on, but I have to be up at half six tomorrow so I'm going to job it right here.

I can't work out which side is worse. The Rafa lovers or the Rafa Haters

Gotta be the Haters. They've got the kids who nobody picks on their team. Those coy, pathetic, completely useless at football losers who shuffle about awkwardly during the pick, knowing that they'll be chosen last even though their one mate in the entire school is one of the captains this week. They're crap.

Chelsea were 4th in the league and in the CL when he took over. And look at their squad. Amazing job.

Ian, when he took over Chelsea were essentially out of the CL. As I recall he was only in charge for the final CL game, and they were dependant on other results. Chelsea won that final group game by a considerable margin, but results elsewhere went against them. As such, staying in the CL was never in their, or his hands. It was one of the reasons Di Matteo was sacked.

Ian' date=' when he took over Chelsea were essentially out of the CL. As I recall he was only in charge for the final CL game, and they were dependant on other results. Chelsea won that final group game by a considerable margin, but results elsewhere went against them. As such, staying in the CL was never in their, or his hands. It was one of the reasons Di Matteo was sacked.[/quote']

I know mate, I said earlier I was fishing.

Its pointless because your type can't be bothered to have a fair discussion about it. The emboldened line is pathetic but unsurprising, its usually thrown out when people can't think of anything valid to say.

There are few on here who back Rodgers more than me, so stick your superfan cape away. I always find it astounding that people try and make out that holding a club legend in high esteem is somehow a bad thing. Good luck with that, I'm certainly not embarrassed.

I don't think anyone is really pissed off about Rafa being held in high esteem. Many people just find it completely galling, me included, that people can be on here celebrating Chelsea winning a trophy like we've just won it ourselves practically. I reckon it's antagonistic from a few of the regular 'Rafa FC' supporters, not including yourself, and only serves to further widen the divide between fans.

I mean, honestly. It isn't a big fuck you to Chelsea fans, they'll still be celebrating tonight, even more so knowing that they're getting the chosen one back and Rafa is fucking off. It's some of the most pathetic shit I've ever seen from Liverpool fans, wanting Chelsea to win a European final because Rafa is manager even though he'll be out on his arse after this weekend.

So to summarise, Chelsea get another trophy and Mourinho back. Rafa is out of a job. Liverpool fans were openly supporting the gobshites that boo and sing about the hillsborough victims in a European final and this forum goes into meltdown. Again.

It's bizarre, King. Just utterly bizarre.

We're talking about a club here that is the antithesis of everything LFC stands for, fans of said club who were slapping stickers around London reading 'Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything, Justice for the 39' and yet you have Liverpool fans wishing them good luck because of Rafa Benitez? It's fucking insane.

When he got the job, I said I hope he loses every game, bar ones against the shite and the Mancs. I stand by it and I'm not happy to see Chelsea win a European trophy regardless of who their manager is. My nan could have been in the dugout tonight and I'd have still wanted them to lose.

If the bloke takes a job abroad in the summer, I'll think 'fair fucks' and I'll want him to do well, but I doubt my interest will extend much beyond checking their results on the internet as a second thought on the net. If they win a trophy, I'll raise a smile. If they don't, I couldn't care.

Don't get me wrong, I like Rafa. I adore the man, in fact. I was there in Istanbul and he gave me the best day of my life. Until I have kids, I can't see anything topping it.

But I have never come across someone who divides the fanbase so much. I honestly think it's time certain people just started following whoever Rafa's in charge of. The recent Chelsea game was embarrassing. I clapped the fella as he came out and gave a little 'Ra-fa, Ra-fael' chant, but that was it because I was there to see Liverpool win. Halfway through the first half when knobheads were boogeying to La Bamba, I turned to the bird who sits next to us and said 'this is turning into a bad joke now'. If I was Rodgers, I'd have felt a cunt and seen my arse, to be honest.

Rafa's a boss manager; a fucking brilliant one even and a Liverpool legend. I'm just sick of every time we have a bad result that Dion Fanning (bare-faced liar, by the way) article is bumped or we have people mentioning Rafa's name. The highlight for me was when we drew with Reading away and there was a thread pushing for Rafa to take over in the summer, oblivious to the fact that we achieved the same result at the Madejski as Benitez's Chelsea.

Anyway, I could go on, but I have to be up at half six tomorrow so I'm going to job it right here.

Great post

We have a manager. The sky MIGHT fall in. This fucking once great forum seems to be full of people who want Rafa back above anything.

I'd only want him back if the job became available. Who in their right mind wouldn't? He's a winner, an excellent manager and, above all, a true Red. However, I'm happy with Rodgers and think he's putting in a solid effort.