You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Peter Crouch - £7m

El Rojo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Henry at £10 million was better bargain.£7 million a fair price for a good honest professional with a touch of class when he is on song.People don't give him enough credit for his fantastic technique and he very rarely loses the ball.

Agree on both counts. As much as I hate the arrogant bastard, Henry became the best striker in the world at Arsenal. And Crouch was good value for £7 million. Even when he just couldn't break his duck at the beginning of last season he was playing really well.

Ruud Gullit was sticking up for Crouch last night. He really had a go at hairy man Richard Keys, and said that the media agenda should now stop. "What more do you want from him", "He's a very good player". These were the kind of comments he was making and he shut Keys up good and proper.

Even though he wants a Chelsea v Milan final (previous clubs obviously) I'd still like to say well done to Gullitt for sticking up for Crouch.

Guest TK-421
Ruud Gullit was sticking up for Crouch last night. He really had a go at hairy man Richard Keys, and said that the media agenda should now stop. "What more do you want from him", "He's a very good player". These were the kind of comments he was making and he shut Keys up good and proper.

Even though he wants a Chelsea v Milan final (previous clubs obviously) I'd still like to say well done to Gullitt for sticking up for Crouch.

Yeah, I like Gullit. He spoke much sense last night as you say.

Last night Gray came out with a comment of, which of your top teams would be in for him.

Tyler replied well arsenal are struggling to score goals, and gray interupted him saying, yeah but you know what i mean.

Hate Andy Gray, he's a fucking dick.

Doesn't surprise me at all he just can't say anything good about us without having a dig.

Think Henry at £10 million was better bargain.£7 million a fair price for a good honest professional with a touch of class when he is on song.People don't give him enough credit for his fantastic technique and he very rarely loses the ball.

Yes it's a better bargain, but the deals weren't done in the same millenium. So the original statement stands. And by the way, Crouch rules hard, Agger hard.

Suprisingly good touch for a big man.

I hate that sentance with a vengance. Do people think that the electrical nerve impulse take sooo much longer to tavel the extra six inches from Crouchs brain to his feet. Wankers.

May as well say That Riise has a suprisingly hard shot for a ginger.

Last night Gray came out with a comment of, which of your top teams would be in for him.

Tyler replied well arsenal are struggling to score goals, and gray interupted him saying, yeah but you know what i mean.

Hate Andy Gray, he's a fucking dick.

He's a dick but If Rafa did let him go who would want him and who could afford him now, only Newcastle would spring to mind as Arsenal's style of football wouldnt suit Crouch

Im not sure we'd get more than 12m for him though

I have heard it before, (probably from one of you guys) but if Crouch was 5'9 and brazilian, people would be wanking in his cereal about how good his touch is or something along those lines.

As it is, he still has that touch, but happens to be tall gangly and not looking like a footballer, so obviously he is rubbish. It's all about conforming and mass mob culture or something like that. They make a judgement about someone and if the person suprises them, they just ignore it and reassert their own beliefs even more loudly than before.

Sounds like religion actually but thats another story.

I never doubted he would be good enough for us. What got me was paying £7m for someone who cost £2m 12 months before. Didnt like the thought of being ripped off. However i can say we were not ripped off. He has been superb for us and a great attitude to go with it.

I do hope he stays but I believe Rafa has his plan and I think Crouch is putting up a good fight to change that plan, but whether it will be enough is another question...

He was a Bargain... Teams Laughed when we bought him, but who's Laughing now... Could really secure himself in an England Role with a couple more goals, and has defiantly turned in to a class act for us...

What's his Goals per Game Ratio? for England and Liverpool