You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Screenshot_20220913-205448_Facebook.jpg

The whole grief thing is mind-blowing. Are people really that arsed or are they under some kind of spell?

We are being force fed sorrow from every media outlet possible and people are buying it.

I honestly feel some kind of depersonalisation with all this shit, like am I in some kind of batshit crazy simulation.

People are living in abject poverty and we are supposed to grieve this woman that has lived in luxury her entire life, her family have been upto all sorts of weird (illegal stuff) and gotten away with it and mostly treat people that serve them like utter shit.

Fuck the monarchy.

• Upvote 9

15 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Ta dah ! 
Only monarch in English history to have had 3 funerals of their predecessors occur in their lifetime.

Off the top of my head, this also applies to Elizabeth I and Edward VIII - edit: he had four die in his lifetime. What am I missing?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Elite said:

The whole grief thing is mind-blowing. Are people really that arsed or are they under some kind of spell?

We are being force fed sorrow from every media outlet possible and people are buying it.

I honestly feel some kind of depersonalisation with all this shit, like am I in some kind of batshit crazy simulation.

People are living in abject poverty and we are supposed to grieve this woman that has lived in luxury her entire life, her family have been upto all sorts of weird (illegal stuff) and gotten away with it and mostly treat people that serve them like utter shit.

Fuck the monarchy.

This.

Even republicans respected the queen

I'm sure Virginia guiffrie would agree.

35 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Screenshot_20220913-205448_Facebook.jpg

Feels like the press are gearing up to go after him, they want Will and Cate as soon as possible. I assume that's the real driving force here as well, them wanting their own household staff, while Buckingham Palace and Balmoral have the established and most senior royal staff, Charles' old gaff is stuck in the middle...

Anyway, the pen thing is fucking funny. Just tell them to get a proper pen Charles. The useless uber-traditionalist wanks are showing you up.

19 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Off the top of my head, this also applies to Elizabeth I and Edward VIII - edit: he had four die in his lifetime. What am I missing?

Good point but I suppose Edward viii wasn’t a monarch when the king died. I don’t know about Elizabeth. I was going to use this question in my pub quiz but you’ve put me right off. 
Ps I’ve googled Elizabeth and you’re right so that question is dead. Ducked a proper bullet there as the quiz participants are pedantic moany fuckers. Thanks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Biro's are quite good 

They should've decked the walls out with today's Racing post horse racing cards and given Charles a bunch of William Hill bookie pens, most of which also never work).

It would've been a lovely little tribute to his dear mum and his granny the Queen mother. Opportunity missed in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

They should've decked the walls out with today's Sporting life racing cards and given Charles a bunch of William Hill bookie pens, most of which also never work).

It would've been a lovely little tribute to his dear mum and his granny the Queen mother. Opportunity missed in my eyes.

Nah , he would have liked one of these 

Feather quill pen and glass inkwell Stock Photo by ©billiondigital 118529774

Thoughts and prayers with any Flag shaggers/ Staunch Royalists/ Mentalists in General/ who find themselves out of the country at this difficult time I hope you are enjoying a bit of normality wherever you are , I'm sure you can't wait to get back to the insanity of the UK currently on show 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Thoughts and prayers with any Flag shaggers/ Staunch Royalists/ Mentalists in General/ who find themselves out of the country at this difficult time I hope you are enjoying a bit of normality wherever you are , I'm sure you can't wait to get back to the insanity of the UK currently on show 

I'm off on Thursday for a city break, back into St Pancras on Monday PM, going to be carnage. Going to whistle La Marseillaise while waiting for my train.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Well to be fair I've noticed a lot of them seem to live in Spain. Ex-pats - they love Britain, they just don't want to live in it. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Good point but I suppose Edward viii wasn’t a monarch when the king died. I don’t know about Elizabeth. I was going to use this question in my pub quiz but you’ve put me right off. 
Ps I’ve googled Elizabeth and you’re right so that question is dead. Ducked a proper bullet there as the quiz participants are pedantic moany fuckers. Thanks.  

Go back to the first wording - during her reign - and it's still good.

He's all of us.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/13/oh-god-i-hate-this-king-charles-expresses-frustration-over-leaking-pen

King Charles has been seen airing his frustration during a ceremony for the second time in four days while in Northern Ireland.

The new monarch was shown signing a visitor’s book in front of cameras at Hillsborough Castle, near Belfast. He reacted after the pen he was using leaked on him.

Advertisement

“Oh god I hate this (pen)!” Charles said, standing up and handing the pen to his wife, Camilla, Queen Consort.

“Oh look, it’s going everywhere,” Camilla said as her husband wiped his fingers.

“I can’t bear this bloody thing … every stinking time,” Charles said as he walked away.