You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

3 minutes ago, skend04 said:

For all the debate about the monarchy, you still have to feel for them on a personal level. It must be absolutely shit having to go through a time where you want to grieve with family, having to do it so publicly. Fuck that, even if you've got millions in the bank.

I saw one of the cars going down the Royal Mile (on Twitter, I didn't actually go out) & there's cunts standing waving at it like it's an Easter Parade or something.

I couldn't really give a shit about their grieving but the general public truly are an absolutely bizarre species.

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

I saw one of the cars going down the Royal Mile (on Twitter, I didn't actually go out) & there's cunts standing waving at it like it's an Easter Parade or something.

I couldn't really give a shit about their grieving but the general public truly are an absolutely bizarre species.

I've just heard people are queueing up already in London and it's not open for 2 days. Fucking nuts. Don't these people have lives? 

24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Tim Martin wrote that; nobody else uses the word "sheaths".

My mate does. He always asks me how many he will need when we go out.

The answer is zero, this isn’t because I advocate unprotected sex. It’s because women no longer find us attractive, interesting, or amusing. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, skend04 said:

For all the debate about the monarchy, you still have to feel for them on a personal level. It must be absolutely shit having to go through a time where you want to grieve with family, having to do it so publicly. Fuck that, even if you've got millions in the bank.

What debate about the Monarchy ? You get arrested these days for holding up a placard .

2 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

I don't think that's about the monarchy, Comrade.

A Labour government (with all its associated altruistic and working class good intentions) can be voted in election, after election, after election to do its good works... (like one of the Queen's favourites, Harold Wilson for example).

And yet, it doesn't happen.

I don't think the monarchy has anything to do with that.

It's the inclinations of the people that is the issue.  

Just like it is anywhere, like America for example, where 60 million people vote for a corrupt property developer orang utan.

It's the "will" of the people that is "the problem", not the system.

I really think we underestimate how much we should be blaming ourselves for what we get in a democracy.

Now, if we don't like what we are getting with democracy, well, that's another issue altogether. and brings into question whether certain freedoms of choice are actually good for us.

No,my point is about the establishment and class system,of which the Monarchy is an intrinsic part. If you dont try to fight injustice and inequality we might as well give up. The Monarchy has a vast PR machine too,just like any other vastly rich entity. They've Svengali'd a lot of people.

16 minutes ago, John102 said:

For anyone who is interested, the BBC has a family tree of all the Queens corgi's.

She loved those dogs. When you think about it, they were probably the only beings in her life that treated her as an ordinary person. Doubtless that was part of the attraction.