You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Naming rights

Dirk

Are you against selling the naming rights of the new stadium?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Are you against selling the naming rights of the new stadium?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm against it but after watching that press conference two things seems certain.

1. We will sell the naming rights to the new stadium

2. We won't be sharing with everton

So 1 out of 2 is not bad I suppose.

They didn't say they will sell the naming rights, just that they will look at that option. They've only just got in the door and would be stupid to rule anything out without looking into it in depth.

Like the BT Cellnet Riverside?

Everyone calls it The Riverside.

What about 'The Emirates'?

I think the difference between the two is that the riverside is still included with the sponsors so everyone just calls it the riverside, where as arsenal have just called it the emirates without linking ashburton grove to it.

The Emirates is only called emirates for 10 years until "that" financing deal has paid for the stadium. Arsenal will then have the option to either re-finance to emirates, someone else it or call it sumut else.

I'd have no real objection of the name of the stadium as long as we had The Kop & The statues and the gates moved over. You could even have a Shanks main stand, The Kop, Paisley End & The Park End

as long as it helps us win things in the stadium, i don't care what the sign outside the stadium is?

On another point, didn't see the point startin another thread, you reckon the NHL/NFL/NBA teams they're involved in will start selling merch in the Liverpool shops?

Doubtful, but you never know. Would be nice to have some in our shops and some of our gear in theirs. I want a hockey jersey and the stars is a nice one.

What was this my mate was telling me about "lucrative sponsor already on board"

was that mentioned in the conference, on forums or what? Or was it a dodgy dunk rumour?

Shankslegend from RAWK was saying that there are two lined up as shirt sponsors for next season big companies as well but i didn't hear them mention it at the PC

I wouldn't think it was a dunk rumour

Ah right if its from Shanks I wont dismiss it entirely then

I got the text of my mate who told me he had heard that a big name sponsor was lined up. I phoned him and that is where it has come from, some fella Shankslegend. He said that this fella always gets it very close and has been spot on over the whole buyout palava.

On the plus side at least we won't be Tesco, Knowsley with a football pitch tacked on.

But fuck any plus side - I despised those fucking shitty McDonald's arches on the side of the Kop, so I'm very unhappy about naming it anything other than Anfield. No selling of the naming rights for me.

410 years ago, Shakespeare wrote:

What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet.

It's as true today as it ever was. What's it's called is irrelevant. What it is is all that matters. And if sacrificing the choice of what it is called enables what it is to become greater, then you'll hear no complaints from this correspondent.

410 years ago, Shakespeare wrote:

What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet.

It's as true today as it ever was. What's it's called is irrelevant. What it is is all that matters. And if sacrificing the choice of what it is called enables what it is to become greater, then you'll hear no complaints from this correspondent.

Shakespeare was a dick though.

Well yeah, apart from that obviously. . .

And The whatever the fuck else St Marys for southampton. That is St Marys.

I like the idea of The Weetabix Bowl. Weetabix is fucking ace. What other cereal when left to dry out in a bowl forms the hardest substance known to man, harder than diamonds, titanium and brick.

Adapt or die.

The movers and shakers make the decisions, and the sheep follow:

This is our brave new world

If it's the "Coca Cola Eleven" playing at the "Henny Penny Chicken Stadium", then such is life in our barve new world.

It's not such a bad place to live in, better than death ey??