You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

Sat on the side of the flower bed, feeling the sun on my face and neck, stuffing a bag of Minstrel's down my gob, glass of cool water, listening to The Platters "My Prayer".

Day off work, didn't get in til nearly 3am so I off to bed for a couple of hours, then fancy watching a film on the projector in the loft.

Magic.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Blagging an upgrade to the best suite in the hotel for Mrs Tash's birthday this week. Anyone on here who has children will know that, as much as you love them, any night you can grab away from them is bliss. Especially in a duplex suite. Cheers.

How did you blag it? I'm hopeless at that sort of thing, what tricks did you have up your sleeve?

39 minutes ago, Bob said:

How did you blag it? I'm hopeless at that sort of thing, what tricks did you have up your sleeve?

I just ring at the last minute usually to ask for an upgrade if they have any. That's about it really. I make sure to say it's a special occasion (which, to be fair, it usually is) and that I've booked a decent room to begin with - it's taking the piss to book their cheapest room and then expect their best one (also, if you don't get upgraded, you've not really lost out). On this occasion, they didn't actually upgrade me when I rang, but on the day I went online and saw that their best room was still available after I'd checked in. I nipped back to reception and asked what they could do - and the girl on the desk was brilliant about it. I think if an upgrade is available, and there's no chance of the room getting booked out, they'd rather offer it and have a happy guest than leave it empty.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 09/12/2023 at 11:00, ZonkoVille77 said:

You carry the genes of people who lived thousands of years ago. In that sense, life is everlasting. 

And I thought all they wore were Togas back then. Were Levi,Wrangler and Lee Cooper philosophers with early sewing machines?