You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes for the 96

Adam_LFC

I'm slightly worried about some comments on here about RTK. Might I start by saying I have absolutely no affiliation or association with RTK, or indeed RAOTL, as some seem to think that RTK is an RAOTL thing - its not by the way, its supported by it, as I'd hope other LFC fanzines would be. I haven't bought RAOTL in about 2 years. I havent been to any RTK meetings, I only looked at the website for the first time yesterday.

And it comes from a fanzine based outside of Liverpool. Slightly hypocritical of them. The offal shouldn't encourage it either.

I fail to see where RTK has come to be seen as an anti-OOT manifesto? I don't think its mentioned anywhere on the site or anything I've read that's come from them. In fact, all I've seen is stuff along the lines that "fans are fans, no matter where they come from". Also, RTK doesn't come from RAOTL - it started from one post on RAOTL, but that's it.

I don't think this, like the rest of the RTK stuff, will be a success. How do they plan on achieving this six minutes of singing... is one dude going to stand at the front of the Kop with a stopwatch and conduct the whole thing?

It just isn't realistic.

I also don't like the language that flier uses. All this talk of enemies, wretches, revulsion, dispicable... it's too, how would you say.... cavalier and preachy.

I really can't believe the official site are supporting this monstrosity of a campaign. Telling the very people who are buying tickets exactly how they can or can't behave. That Kop Charter was one of the most self-righteous pieces of garbage I have ever come across in my entire life. I almost feel like defying it, just for the sake of rebelling against it.

I do not, under any circumstances, want to be grouped in with these superfan pricks, or the shit 30-page-long-in-joke fanzine that supports it.

Once again, Reclaim the Kop from whom?

Chris, I think you're coming across as self-righteous yourself. Maybe read some of the stuff and you'll see there's a sh!tload of banners in the Kop and a mosaic which will be held up after the kick off for 6 minutes. It may not be a roaring success, but it will be seen by the media at large and at the very least it will let MacKenzie and the S*n know how Liverpool fans feel. As for telling people how to behave, they're not really are they? You're being facetious - its about trying to pass on education and values, not lay down the law. No one is trying to turn the Kop and Anfield into a group of non-individual superfans.

I was out of the country for most of December and havent been to a game since PSV so haven't been to the website that often, and I havent witnessed anything first hand at the match, so maybe I'm not best placed to be interpreting the ethos of RTK, but I've started so I'll finish. From what I can see its about trying to do something about getting back to being what fans should be - Loyal, supportive, noisy.

It's not really about jester hats, is it? They're just a symbol, rightly or wrongly, of what's wrong with football these days - the moaning, lack of knowledge of the songs and the traditions, Sky, "fans" with no clue where the Kop is or what the difference between a programme and a fanzine is. If you accept that that's the way football is going and think its fine, fair enough, the RTK will mean nothing to you. For me, the things I list above are slowly making me stop going the game. Simple as.

Therefore I'm right behind RTK. As long as it's done correctly - done with a smile and a laugh, not some "superfan prick" mouthing off and ordering some poor c*nt to sing properly. Again, to my knowledge, those leading RTK are pro-education, ant-vilification. You will get uppity gobshites screaming at jester hat wearing day trippers, but those are individuals, who probably would've done it with or without RTK.

The RTK aren't telling anyone not to wear replica kits - again this is individuals getting carried away.

I like many others am very wary of this RTK campaign. Like most others, I dont like the idea of telling people what they can and cant do at games.

I dont like the idea of mixing the RTK and justice campaign. As Cath suggested we need to fight this battle on the broadsheets, tabloids and through the media. Singing "Justice for the 96" for 6 mins at the start of every cup game is useless and does little for the 96. It just makes people with their HJC badges feel good about themselves. How much media coverage will it get? The bbc (or whoever televises the game) will simply alter the sound so the chants cannot be heard on tv and they will not air any justice banners. At Wigan away there were loads of anti-Sun, Mc Kenzie chants and banners but none of it made it to the national media.

No one is being told what to do - I'm damn sure no one's going to tell me. Some people are using RTK to make "rules" about what fans should be - not RTK, individuals! About what it achieves, there's a difference between Wigan away and a Liverpool - Arsenal FA cup game live on the BBC. We'll see, maybe you're right, but at least something is being done. Its better than just shrugging our shoulders and accepting it isn't it? Its very easy to do nothing. I don't see why its a bad thing to "mix" RTK and the HJC? In fact, isn't part of being a Liverpool fan, jester hat wearer or super fan prick or somewhere in the middle, that you support the justice campaign?

I notice the RTK post on the official site didn't say anything about replica shirts. Funny that. They're telling people not to wear Jester Hats, but would that be the case if they weren't on sale from unofficial sellers around the stadium?

Fuck off RTK. I'm with the jesters.

What are you saying here? The RTK are anti jester hats because their not official LFC products?

I'm rushing now as I gotta to do some work, but basically I think RTK is a good thing. I'm fed up with being in a Kop where you're stared at for trying to sing and create an atmosphere. When anti Chelsea and Manure songs get more of an airing when we're not playing them. Where EASEH is the biggest song of the day. It is getting to the stage where I beginning to hate the time in the stadium. Its forcing me out. RTK is setting out to address that. Therefore its a good thing. There is a belief among some that RTK is some kind of lynch mob after all OOTs, telling people what to wear and how to behave. Not so, in my opinion. As I said some individuals are laying down the law on the back of RTK, but is RTK to blame for that?

You asked Reclaim the Kop from whom? My personal answer is in bold above.

PS This debate is good. Long may it continue.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slightly worried about some comments on here about RTK. Might I start by saying I have absolutely no affiliation or association with RTK, or indeed RAOTL, as some seem to think that RTK is an RAOTL thing - its not by the way, its supported by it,

It's Raotl thru and thru. Even the press release on the RTK says: Any banners at all (KFS compliant), it sounds so fuckin gay, like Super Best Friends.

It's Raotl thru and thru. Even the press release on the RTK says: Any banners at all (KFS compliant), it sounds so fuckin gay, like Super Best Friends.

Its not, and even if it was, why the f*ck should it matter? What's this, fanzine wars?

Its not, and even if it was, why the f*ck should it matter?

Because if you want a campaign to reach out to Reds and be a success I think it's got to be a broad church. Why not haul Rawk and Ynwa on board as they have thousands of members and great exposure. I'm sure they've been contacted but.... oh feck knows... I give up.:ermm:

the season Ticket holders just come in an sit in there seat though, so it's sound. At the Watford game some fella come over to me and said someone was sittin in his seat, so i went over to check it out and the fella in his seat couldn't speak English I had to move him to his proper seat and by the time I did his mate, who could speak English, came back with the hot dogs and I had to explain to him for about 10 mins what was going on.

I'm there to watch the match! Don't these people understand? :(

haha the good old stewards ethos. 'fuck off and leave me alone I'm trying to watch the match'

I remember when i was a steward in 2001 in the Main Stand, playing newcastle it was 0-0 and some gimp decides to throw an epileptic fit, not only this his missus sticks her fingers in his mouth cos she thinnks he's swallowed his tongue, he clamps dopwn bites half her finger off so we had to go to 1st Aid thus resulting in me missing 2 of the goals by time i returned from 1st Aid. Selfish bastards. :angel:

Probably a stupid question this, but has anyone seen today's S*n or heard what's in it?

Would love to know whether it was mentioned in Lampard's Supergoals pullout shitey thing. I expect they haven't even mentioned it though.

Anyone? Not the easiest thing to find out I know but...

I was on the Kop on Saturday and I just want to echo the sentiments of others - it was fantastic to be a part of it and everyone around me was passionately bellowing the words out for however long it lasted.

My voice was actually gone after that and I was struggling to sing for the rest of the game but no complaints. It was a brilliant moment.

It dilutes the HJC and muddies the water.

The best chance to improve things is during the move. The fans need to be in dialogue with the club about a way to best organise an area where people feel free to sing without being looked at like you've just pissed on someone's trousers. I accept that pay on the door and go in with your mates probably isn't going to happen so they need to organise some way of allocating tickets in a large section of the new kop to people who want to be loud.

This is EXACTLY how we Irish International fans did it .We formed the ILSA ( Irish League Supporters Association) and meet regularly with the FAI .We get tickets allocated for every home game in the same sectionwith the same fans around us with the sole intentions of bettering the atmosphere.Stewards turn a blind eye to the standing ( as theres 100's of us doing it ) we bring Huge TIFO flags and Huge drums and a lot of chants start in that section

This is EXACTLY how we Irish International fans did it .We formed the ILSA ( Irish League Supporters Association) and meet regularly with the FAI .We get tickets allocated for every home game in the same sectionwith the same fans around us with the sole intentions of bettering the atmosphere.Stewards turn a blind eye to the standing ( as theres 100's of us doing it ) we bring Huge TIFO flags and Huge drums and a lot of chants start in that section

It'd be so easy if the club really wanted it to happen and the cray thing is that it is in their best interests. A good atmosphere would be worth a few points and will also add to the "Daytripper" alure.

Not to mention the fact that it would build better bonds with the supporters.