You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ronaldino would never join Liverpool

Rashid

I don't think the Makhtoums will be buying 'names.' I can envisage them scouring Europe for the best youth talent and buying players aged 18-24 that have big futures ahead of them.

Kind of a "Liverpool stable"? I wouldn't be at all surprised.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, why on earth would you want to move to liverpool over london?

because london is full of cunts like you? only joking...really.

maybe because liverpool is a modern, bustling, cosmopolitan city, and we're a big club? that's if they're not just mercenaries.

I spoke to Ronaldinho once at Barca airport very briefly. All of the squad were there, it was good.

Are you sure your not Guillem Ballague and your just posing as that other fella in the avatar? I wish i had had as many La Liga encounters as you. Oh and i read about your Mestalla visit - very good. Do you know when they move as, i am keen on making a visit and intend on taking african herbsman with me. He is my bitch

I don't think the Makhtoums will be buying 'names.' I can envisage them scouring Europe for the best youth talent and buying players aged 18-24 that have big futures ahead of them.

I'd rather we were trying to sign the next big talent than the ready made version anyway. You're on a hiding to nothing with the "been there, done it" brigade, as they only really join for the money and their heart often isn't in it, as we've seen with Sheva pining for Milan due to his current difficuties.

The thing I've been pissed off about in the past is the way we have missed out on the young English talent, whom we were always lead to believe were too expensive (didn't stop us spunking tons on shite from abroad). If this takeover thing goes through and we benefit from additional funds, I'd like to see us concentrate on snapping up the best available young talent this country has to offer starting with Micah Richards who is already superb (I'd take him over Alves any day and the fact that Chelsea are supposedly interested in the Brazilian cheered me up no end as it means it's far more likely that we can get Richards).

As for those players who favour London over Liverpool, fuck 'em. If their priority is night life, fancy retaurants and shopping and football is secondary, then I'm glad these mercenaries head for London, they're welcome to it (not sure Veron and Crespo enjoyed London too much after having armed robbers in their homes).

I'd rather we were trying to sign the next big talent than the ready made version anyway. You're on a hiding to nothing with the "been there, done it" brigade, as they only really join for the money and their heart often isn't in it, as we've seen with Sheva pining for Milan due to his current difficuties.

The thing I've been pissed off about in the past is the way we have missed out on the young English talent, whom we were always lead to believe were too expensive (didn't stop us spunking tons on shite from abroad). If this takeover thing goes through and we benefit from additional funds, I'd like to see us concentrate on snapping up the best available young talent this country has to offer starting with Micah Richards who is already superb (I'd take him over Alves any day and the fact that Chelsea are supposedly interested in the Brazilian cheered me up no end as it means it's far more likely that we can get Richards).

As for those players who favour London over Liverpool, fuck 'em. If their priority is night life, fancy retaurants and shopping and football is secondary, then I'm glad these mercenaries head for London, they're welcome to it (not sure Veron and Crespo enjoyed London too much after having armed robbers in their homes).

A lot of sense in there mate. Micah Richards looks to be one of those players you just know is going to be quality. Knowing Chelsea they will try and sign both him and Alves, although any young prospect that goes to Chelsea - after what happened to SWP - needs their head tested.

Back to Micah Richards would be great to be able to snap up young talent like that.

Are you sure your not Guillem Ballague and your just posing as that other fella in the avatar? I wish i had had as many La Liga encounters as you. Oh and i read about your Mestalla visit - very good. Do you know when they move as, i am keen on making a visit and intend on taking african herbsman with me. He is my bitch

I've only been to two La Liga games, the first time all the Barca squad were at the airport flying to Glasgow to play Celtic in the CL. They were all there, even Laporta and Frank Rightguard. The players were stopping and chatting to people and signing autographs. It was in the departure gate so there was no escape for them.

Don't know when Valencia move but there's plenty of this season left. It's easy to get tickets unless they're playing Real or Barca.

Word. The ease with which you slag our nearest and dearest Rashid beggars belief. AND FUCK OFF WITH YOUR STUPID ICONS.

Glad it's not just me. Rash, quit the thumbs up and down thing man, do.

I read a report of what Barnes had said yesterday in a paper I found in the pub. (So it was either the Express, Times or Sheffield Star, I can't remember which.) The slant they put on it was that Barnesy was welcoming the cash and saying it was a major step forward to putting LFC back at the top where they belonged. Don't get too hung up about tabloid agendas.

I saw John Barnes walking along Barnston Road in Heswall last Saturday morning. He had been to the One Stop and had 2 fairly full carrier bags. I was not able to ascertain what was in them but quite possibly pies and (in best student tradtion) economy loo roll.

I only noticed him cos you don't often see black men walking round Heswall and I thought "ooo a black man in heswall" so I looked and hey presto it was Barnsey.

is that racist?

The point was that did John Barnes really need to big up Chelsea ahead of us? He has been a twat with those comments.

fuck off knobhead. John Barnes always bigs us up and this is hardly an offensive is it. Get a grip. Would do you think Ronaldinho would join us in January if we bid?

What about Shevchenko then instead of Ronaldinho.

Shevchenko now admits he could leave London because his game is not suited to the style of Jose Mourinho.

The 30 year-old told the Daily Mirror: "I feel at home at Chelsea, and it's felt like my team for a long time, but unfortunately my game doesn't suit Mourinho.

"Everyone has been writing about me being sent on loan to Milan. I still haven't discussed this question with the management, but the bosses themselves probably still haven't decided.

"But if it happens, I'm ready to pack my bags. I'm a completely self-confident person. If I don't suit somebody then I'll go back to Italy, no problem, and prove how good I can still be.

"I'm not finished as a player. On the other hand, I have nothing to prove to anybody. Everybody already knows what Andriy Shevchenko is capable of."

Shevchenko was signed by Chelsea's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich after the Russian finally persuaded AC Milan to sell.

"Roman is my friend and completely on my side," admits Shevchenko

"But all he could do was insist on a loan deal instead of me being sold.

"I do understand Mourinho - I'm not scoring as many as I would like to - so even Abramovich isn't really putting his foot down over it, although he could do as the owner of the club. Of course I will be sorry to leave London if it comes to that. Firstly because of my family, who have already made a new life here.

"My wife Kristen was so happy with the move - she's American and finally found herself in an English-speaking country. It's clear I won't move Kristen and our sons back to Milan."

What about Shevchenko then instead of Ronaldinho.

Shevchenko now admits he could leave London because his game is not suited to the style of Jose Mourinho.

The 30 year-old told the Daily Mirror: "I feel at home at Chelsea, and it's felt like my team for a long time, but unfortunately my game doesn't suit Mourinho.

"Everyone has been writing about me being sent on loan to Milan. I still haven't discussed this question with the management, but the bosses themselves probably still haven't decided.

"But if it happens, I'm ready to pack my bags. I'm a completely self-confident person. If I don't suit somebody then I'll go back to Italy, no problem, and prove how good I can still be.

"I'm not finished as a player. On the other hand, I have nothing to prove to anybody. Everybody already knows what Andriy Shevchenko is capable of."

Shevchenko was signed by Chelsea's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich after the Russian finally persuaded AC Milan to sell.

"Roman is my friend and completely on my side," admits Shevchenko

"But all he could do was insist on a loan deal instead of me being sold.

"I do understand Mourinho - I'm not scoring as many as I would like to - so even Abramovich isn't really putting his foot down over it, although he could do as the owner of the club. Of course I will be sorry to leave London if it comes to that. Firstly because of my family, who have already made a new life here.

"My wife Kristen was so happy with the move - she's American and finally found herself in an English-speaking country. It's clear I won't move Kristen and our sons back to Milan."

If you ever needed proof that that club is fucked up, thats it right there.

wish we'd signed michael laudrup all those years ago, though.

Same here - read the story abt. him from RAWK:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php/topic,71518.msg1129659.html?PHPSESSID=fc8cb6bab8527ab354381826d3a56efc

BBUUUUUTTTTT - we should get his son, Mads Laudrup, who at 17 has made his debut at FC Copenhagen as a sort of Alonso-ish type - and who in the coming weeks will go on a trainingvisit with Ajax Amsterdam (and be lost for LFC). GO for him - and have the next generation of Laudrup-quality as part of the long term european reign of LFC.