You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harsh on Kirkland

Section_31

I think there is a real difference in the injuries, cruciates take longer to heal and there is more that can go wrong, a broken finger is a more straightforward injury to fix. I see no reason in paying Kirkland £20,000 + a week to sit at home when WBA will do that for us, especially as he is almost certain to leave in the summer.

I think there is a real difference in the injuries, cruciates take longer to heal and there is more that can go wrong, a broken finger is a more straightforward injury to fix. I see no reason in paying Kirkland £20,000 + a week to sit at home when WBA will do that for us, especially as he is almost certain to leave in the summer.

Gonzales is part of the clubs future whilst Kirkland represents the past. He may have had a chance if he hadn't of started saying how he consider himself a WBA player and making comments about not liking our goalkeeping coaching.

Just shows what a harsh place footy can be when your not wanted though i suppose.

Gonzales is part of the clubs future whilst Kirkland represents the past. He may have had a chance if he hadn't of started saying how he consider himself a WBA player and making comments about not liking our goalkeeping coaching.

He hasnt openly slated the goalie coach, he has just praised Corrigan as he likes working with him.

And he was/is a west brom player until the year long loan is over???

a very unlucky goalkeeper is what i would say rather than managing to have a pop at houllier.

also his dad must be gutted, he's still got that betting slip saying he'll play for england and that chance disappears when he leaves us i reckon.

Its a shame because he is a quality goalie when he's kept busy.

a very unlucky goalkeeper is what i would say rather than managing to have a pop at houllier.

also his dad must be gutted, he's still got that betting slip saying he'll play for england and that chance disappears when he leaves us i reckon.

When he played last season for us he was absolute shit, we had a rock solid defence and everytime it seemed to be his duty to make a save we conceded a goal, ie.. the Carsley goal at Woodison.. im just glad we splashed the cash on Pepe Reina because he is awesome by far the best keeper in the Premiership this season.

He hasnt openly slated the goalie coach, he has just praised Corrigan as he likes working with him.

And he was/is a west brom player until the year long loan is over???

Im glad Corrigan fucked off, he seemed to turn good keepers into shit, look how bad Brad Friedal was when he was at Liverpool... the list is endless under Corrigan.

Im glad Corrigan fucked off, he seemed to turn good keepers into shit, look how bad Brad Friedal was when he was at Liverpool... the list is endless under Corrigan.

Agreed, a coincidence that Reina is our best keeper since Grobelar? James, Friedal, Kirkland, Dudek, all had good reps and all eventually began to suffer the same indecisiveness. Used to watch Corrigan literally 'punting' the ball at the keepers in pre-match practice and wondered what exactly the point was.

Agreed, a coincidence that Reina is our best keeper since Grobelar? James, Friedal, Kirkland, Dudek, all had good reps and all eventually began to suffer the same indecisiveness. Used to watch Corrigan literally 'punting' the ball at the keepers in pre-match practice and wondered what exactly the point was.

Totally agree with that!

James had such promise when he was at liverpool as well, all he needed at an early age coming from watford was the right tuition IMO....and look what happened!

Totally agree with that!

James had such promise when he was at liverpool as well, all he needed at an early age coming from watford was the right tuition IMO....and look what happened!

Brad Friedal is the most damning indictment of our goalkeeper coaching. Came with a big rep, played well, rapidly became shit, moved on again, became one of the most consistent in the prem for the last five years!

It's a harsh game at times. Think this shows the ruthless streak in Rafa. It's simply the best decision for the club to leave him there, no sentimentality.

its ot being ruthless its just your either good enough or your not, Kirkland is not so hes off simple as.. thats another reason why Rafa is such a class act, hes not like Houllier who would rather keep a player on even if they are shit just because hes made the cock up signing these bad players... prime example is Nunez and Josemi both not good enough so Rafa gets rid and makes money on both of them... :D :D

Looks like there's no way back for Kirkland now. Shame really cos there's no doubt he's a talented keeper, but Rafa likes his keepers to sweep up behind the back 4 and I remember reading earlier this season that Carson was having difficulty coming to terms with the instructions he was being given. Maybe Kirkland didn't come to terms with the new coaching methods either. I think its only a matter of time for Carson as well, cos in the games he has played this season he's looked very nervous.

Kirkland has no future here so it would just be a waste of money to take him back early.

Kirkland's fate, and Dudek's, was sealed the day Pepe signed.

I'm more concerned about Carson. I wonder what he will do in the summer. If he's going to have a career, he will have to leave Liverpool.

Guest FrankH

I dont know how you can say that to be honest. Because at Liverpool or any top club, thats usually what he wont be: busy. He had/has great potential but last season showed he lacks what a real top keeper must have and thats presence. The way Reina commands his box vs. the way Kirkland commands his = huge difference. Dudek has superior presence to Kirkland too. Kirkland is a great shot stopper - but lets face it most in the Premiership are. Its just that most dont have the concentration levels to be class.

I dont know how you can say that to be honest. Because at Liverpool or any top club, thats usually what he wont be: busy. He had/has great potential but last season showed he lacks what a real top keeper must have and thats presence. The way Reina commands his box vs. the way Kirkland commands his = huge difference. Dudek has superior presence to Kirkland too. Kirkland is a great shot stopper - but lets face it most in the Premiership are. Its just that most dont have the concentration levels to be class.

Dudek has never seen the outskirts of his area, he gets scared and calls home once he reaches the penalty spot. Kirkland may be many things but less commanding that Jerzy he ain't.