You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

we signed a new c/b

Guest barnes-in-rio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argentine club Banfield say defender Gabriel Paletta will travel to England at the weekend to open talks about a summer move to Liverpool.

Paletta, 20, helped Argentina win the Under-20 World Cup in 2005.

"Paletta will travel to England to discuss terms with Liverpool club executives," it said on their website.

"He will travel on Sunday after the game against River Plate. The English club want him to undergo a medical before discussing personal terms."

Paletta is hoping to get the chance to prove himself in the Premiership.

He said: "It would be a great opportunity. It would be a good move for the club as well as for me."

Banfield president Carlos Portell added in Argentina newspaper Ole: "The discussions are very advanced.

"The only remaining things to be sorted are the minor details but I don't think they will be a problem.

"God willing, we will have everything sorted out before the end of the weekend." Ole reports the transfer fee to be in the region of £2m.

Theres a team called Banfield? It doesnt sound Argentinian.

According to a Babelfish translation Club Banfield are saying

"Paletta to English the defender of Banfield will travel next to Carlos Portell and Marcelo Martinez course to England to fix with the directors of the club of the red devils, Liverpool. They as opposed to travel the Domingo after the party River Plate. The English club wants to do the medical revision before speaking to him of money."

Could a Spanish speaker please tell me that that is a Babelfish error? O_o

http://www.clubabanfield.com.ar/Home.htm

I know he is not a c/b but would love to have Sergio Leonel "Kun" Agüero (born on June 2, 1988 in Buenos Aires) is an Argentine football attacking midfielder.

He plays for Argentine First Division Club Atlético Independiente, and is considered the up-and-coming talent, together with fellow countryman Lionel Messi. He also plays for the Argentina u20 youth team.

Kun Agüero holds the record of being the youngest player to debut in the Argentine First division with only 15 years, one month and 3 days (On July 7, 2003, against Club Atlético San Lorenzo).

The young star already awakened the interest of several European teams, such as of Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter, Juventus, and Villarreal, and I hope LFC

I know he is not a c/b but would love to have Sergio Leonel "Kun" Agüero (born on June 2, 1988 in Buenos Aires) is an Argentine football attacking midfielder.

He plays for Argentine First Division Club Atlético Independiente, and is considered the up-and-coming talent, together with fellow countryman Lionel Messi. He also plays for the Argentina u20 youth team.

Kun Agüero holds the record of being the youngest player to debut in the Argentine First division with only 15 years, one month and 3 days (On July 7, 2003, against Club Atlético San Lorenzo).

The young star already awakened the interest of several European teams, such as of Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter, Juventus, and Villarreal, and I hope LFC

1988, but that would only make him.... HOLY FUCK; IT'S 2006. WHERE THE FUCK HAS MY LIFE GONE?

Nice insight, anyone else that we should be looking out for?

Was just thinking exactly the same! Was wondering why we should spend big money on a nine year old..

I do it with films. Look at the year they were made and mentally label films mabe in 1998 as "recent". Then someone in it uses a mobile the size of a breezeblock and I realise that I am almost dead.

I do it with films. Look at the year they were made and mentally label films mabe in 1998 as "recent". Then someone in it uses a mobile the size of a breezeblock and I realise that I am almost dead.

Do you ever watch films made pre 1995, and think, usually during a tense scene in a thriller, 'Just use your fucking mobi - oh, yeah, right' ? A hell of a lot of classic scenes in old films would not work today. Unless, I guess, they were with 3 in which case they probably wouldn't have any reception. It really is just me, isn't it?

Aboot time we started bringing in players from Argentina. My personal view is that Argentinian and Uruguayan players are physically (and mentally) tough enough to make it in the Premiership.

yep agree with that lets hope he's one of those innocent lookin assassin types who can take out the likes of dogbreath in a 50-50