You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Their should be a law where if you lose so many (not sure what number but i'd set the bar at one) libel cases the publication gets shut down.

They would probably say it's anti-semitic to stop them having freedom to lie. 

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Their should be a law where if you lose so many (not sure what number but i'd set the bar at one) libel cases the publication gets shut down.

Fine, so long as you extend it to political parties.

Labour pays out six-figure sum and apologises in antisemitism row | Labour | The Guardian

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

"so long as" so it's 'ok unless' then is that right? Fucking hell. 

To be clear, I think Gnasher's proposal is insane, but if he wants to shut down publications for being Jewish libelling people, then let's extend it to political parties that libel people too.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

To be clear, I think Gnasher's proposal is insane, but if he wants to shut down publications for being Jewish libelling people, then let's extend it to political parties that libel people too.

Negged for taking what you want from it to suit yourself and not what he wrote. The JC has been found guilty multiple times of lying. Do you deny that? It isn't anti-semitic to point that out is it? Is it? If a publication is found to be constantly lying do you think they should be allowed to continue? I know you don't mind lies but should everyone have to put up with them? 

If we are stretching it to political parties we would barely have any left and your beloved Tory shaggers would certainly have been binned. 

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This is bang out of order by the way. 

On 20/07/2021 at 00:21, Red Phoenix said:

wunsro7.gif

Can't believe their foreign ministry head is going to war with Ben & Jerry's. What a bunch of sad twats.

Abby Martin has just won a legal case against a state (can’t remember off the top my head which one, might be Georgia) over BDS. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Negged for taking what you want from it to suit yourself and not what he wrote. The JC has been found guilty multiple times of lying. Do you deny that? It isn't anti-semitic to point that out is it? Is it? If a publication is found to be constantly lying do you think they should be allowed to continue? I know you don't mind lies but should everyone have to put up with them? 

If we are stretching it to political parties we would barely have any left and your beloved Tory shaggers would certainly have been binned. 

I addressed exactly what he wrote, that publications which libel people should be shut down. Amazingly, out of the many thousands of publications in this country that have committed libel, it's only the Jewish one that has driven him to this stance; another one of those stunning coincidences, no doubt.

And no, if we're stretching it to political parties, then there's a very short list of parties that have committed libel.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I addressed exactly what he wrote, that publications which libel people should be shut down. Amazingly, out of the many thousands of publications in this country that have committed libel, it's only the Jewish one that has driven him to this stance; another one of those stunning coincidences, no doubt.

And no, if we're stretching it to political parties, then there's a very short list of parties that have committed libel.

How do you know he hasn't said it about other publications? This is a thread about Israel so would it not be the thread to discuss the JC's lies? 

Is it anti-semitic to point out their lies? I did ask you once. 

There is a lot to be said about people who instantly take offence to anything they support being brought into question then immediately deflect onto something else instead of being big enough to hold their hands up and admit something is wrong even if it doesn't suit their agenda. I notice no mention of the article above regarding Human Rights Watch or let me guess, they are a gang of anti-semites.....