You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lets never leave Anfield

James H

Perhaps someone should write about this in the next fanzine eh Dave... :thumbup:

Agree though. I've been up for a move to a new stadium but after last night it just can't happen. Fuck the money, it isn't that important, we can still compete with the best despite having a smaller stadium.

There is an argument that we have to move on and keep up with modern football, but after the last 2 home champions league games we just cannot leave. Night like last night just wouldn't be possible in a new stadium.

Lets stay put, and even if it works out more costly, lets look at expanding what we've already got. Please. Please. Please.

:no

Perhaps someone should write about this in the next fanzine eh Dave... :thumbup:

Agree though. I've been up for a move to a new stadium but after last night it just can't happen. Fuck the money, it isn't that important, we can still compete with the best despite having a smaller stadium.

There is an argument that we have to move on and keep up with modern football, but after the last 2 home champions league games we just cannot leave. Night like last night just wouldn't be possible in a new stadium.

Lets stay put, and even if it works out more costly, lets look at expanding what we've already got. Please. Please. Please.

:no

Dave has already written a piece on it for the norwegian supporter club magazine " The Kopite".

Last night rammed home the message. I don't care how much money we miss out on by staying in a smaller stadium, you can't buy an atmosphere like that.

Unreal. :yes:

i understand your sentiments what about people like me who were on the waiting list for over 6 years

You're in Spain... unless there's a groundshare on the cards....mind, three teams groundsharing in Seville could get quite crowded.

hehe

i was talking about before i left in 2002.

however there are lots on here who arent season ticket holders

if the season ticket holders want to stay then they should put there tickets in a draw with those on the waitingl list and the draw would fairly redistribute the season tickets

There's no reason why a new stadium can't have the same features as the current Anfield (ie. a Kop end, fans close to the pitch etc.).

Besides, how much of the Anfield of the 70s and 80s is left today? The main stand (and that would go if we decided to stay).

Anyway, we need to knock the current Anfield down so we can lose that terrible scoreboard!

There's no reason why a new stadium can't have the same features as the current Anfield (ie. a Kop end, fans close to the pitch etc.).

Besides, how much of the Anfield of the 70s and 80s is left today? The main stand (and that would go if we decided to stay).

Anyway, we need to knock the current Anfield down so we can lose that terrible scoreboard!

It's not just about the features though, is it? Imagine for a moment that it wasn't Anfield that we were talking about, but your house. Now you could build a lovely, shiny new identical house next door to your old one, paint it the same colour and even put the same curtains up. But it still wouldn't be your house, would it?

Your house is your house not because of what it's made of, but because of all the experiences that you've had whilst living in it. Anfield has been a house (of sorts) for who knows how many thousands of people spanning more than a century - surely you can't just discard that in the name of 'progress' ?

Unfortunately,the club have reneged (without any real explanation) on their promise to have a large "Kop end".The latest design is the usual symmetrical bowl.

Let's not stay at Anfield. I'm fucking sick and tired of waiting for an ST whilst there are thousands of them being used by people who are entirely unrelated to the name on the front of "theirs".