You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: The Derby is purely about pressure and I will not miss it

TLW

4 hours ago, Pete said:

All very true, I guess I'm still in denial as D-Day approaches and the season looks like ending in disappointing fashion and we never got that league winners parade.   I just hope that we can be 1 point ahead of both City and Arsenal on the final day. 

Aye. It just feels wrong that Klopp may never get to properly celebrate a league title with us.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Same, which is why I wouldn't be adverse to giving it to Ljinders to hold the fort down for a year or so (depending on how things go).  Hopefully by then the PGMOL will have been replaced by a competent authority, Pep will have fucked once once City are in the northern premier league and the the mysterons have called back Captain Black.  

City aren't dominating because of Guardiola alone. The are dominating because a) They cheated and b) The PL are shit scared of their money and owner's power. Guardiola with Klopp's budget wouldn't be half as successful as he is in the PL without the blatant breaking of rules and guidelines and less cash.

• Upvote 2

He sounds fed up with the game now. He would never be short of offers to take a job elsewhere, and he has never come across as a mercenary type, but he sounds like he wants to love the game for the sport he grew up knowing it to be, rather than what it has become. Also battling against a stacked deck has drained him.

Hopefully the people around him, the players and the fans can galvanise him enough for the next month or so by giving it a real go despite the odds against.

He might be done with football altogether. I can see him with the German NT, but not club football.

He won't have anything to prove, and unlike a lot of the other psychopaths that are posing as football managers, he is actually a decent human being with values and an affinity for normal life and normal people.

The bafflement with English referees/VAR, TV companies and football authorities has a LOT to do with how he's fallen out of love with the game I think (much like many of us).

I think it’s time for both him and club to move on we need new ideas new tactics and the players need a new challenge and if they are not hungry then they can do one I think many have been comfortable under klopp that needs to change 

He will be back but if it’s at another club i don’t think he’ll have the same impact as here 

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Starting XI wrong, tempo and urgency gone and subs wrong. 

Had off by Dyche and booting it into the box.

It’s been like that most of the season really mainly wrong starting line ups

Every time my mother mentions Klopp she says that he doesn't look well and she thinks he has an illness. I've just brushed that off, but I am beginning to wonder if there is more than just mental exhaustion at work.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Every time my mother mentions Klopp she says that he doesn't look well and she thinks he has an illness. I've just brushed that off, but I am beginning to wonder if there is more than just mental exhaustion at work.

He looks like a clock that’s winding down slowly and the team is reflecting that.  

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Maybe. I think he’s just worn out by having to compete in a rigged game, the continuing awfulness and bias of the officials, getting shafted by the tv companies, the inanity of the media, the relentless bad news - losing Jota and Gakpo on the eve of the derby and having to rely on Nunez and Salah for goals. We now have the shortest turnaround time of any team before our next 12.30 kick off at the weekend. It wears me down, I can’t imagine what it must be like for him.

• Upvote 1

Watched the post match presser yesterday. He looks completely done with football. Probably should have left when he announced he was going to, in all honesty. No-one would have blamed him. Instead he carried on but now appears absolutely desperate for the season to end. 

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Watched the post match presser yesterday. He looks completely done with football. Probably should have left when he announced he was going to, in all honesty. No-one would have blamed him. Instead he carried on but now appears absolutely desperate for the season to end. 

Yeah. He could have stepped down for health reasons and nobody would have argued or blamed him. Ljinders and the management team could have carried on for the rest of the season.

My guess is we were unexpectedly doing well in the league, he saw a chance to win it and didn't want to let anyone down.

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah. He could have stepped down for health reasons and nobody would have argued or blamed him. Ljinders and the management team could have carried on for the rest of the season.

My guess is we were unexpectedly doing well in the league, he saw a chance to win it and didn't want to let anyone down.

Yeah, I'd imagine that was the case. I think he'd have felt the latter wherever we were in the league actually. 

12 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I suspect this is the closest thing to the truth as well, history with him does suggest he isn't someone who leaves a team hanging mid season so I expect he felt it was his duty to at least finish this one up.

The teams confidence and belief

went off the cliff losing that FA Cup tie really. Unfortunately teams need to be in these stressful situations to work out which players can handle the occasion. Glad he stayed on or things may have unravelled sooner.