You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

8 hours ago, Torvald Utne said:

I've just done 10 minutes of YouTube scouting and decided we should sign Gorka Guruzeta.  Putting it here for told you so's at a later date.

He looks lively on Strictly, to be fair.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Wezza said:

Anybody know how Ugarte has got on at PSG this season? I’ve not followed them at all but thought it strange he would be coming on right at the end vs Barca tonight. 

Enrique doesn't rate him because he's not the kind of 6 he wants.

• Upvote 1

We seem to be getting linked with Alan Verala at Porto, supposed to be scouting him heavily. But unless we are selling some midfielders I'm not sure we much space for more especially if we move to a midfield 2. Endo,Bajectic,Mac Allister and Gravenberch before you look at youngsters. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Enrique doesn't rate him because he's not the kind of 6 he wants.

To be fair, Vitinha has been brilliant, which is probably more than anything what's keeping Ugarte out of the team. Different players, but only space for so many in that midfield.

Zaire-Emery has been pretty good as well.

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

We seem to be getting linked with Alan Verala at Porto, supposed to be scouting him heavily. But unless we are selling some midfielders I'm not sure we much space for more especially if we move to a midfield 2. Endo,Bajectic,Mac Allister and Gravenberch before you look at youngsters. 

Looking at his YouTube reel, Verala seems to have a good positional sense and gets into the right place at the right time, wins the ball and plays it simple, two footed. Nothing exceptional.

I'd much rather roll with Bajcetic.

10 hours ago, Wezza said:

Anybody know how Ugarte has got on at PSG this season? I’ve not followed them at all but thought it strange he would be coming on right at the end vs Barca tonight. 

I cant believe that after admitting they’d never seen him pay, a player some posters were frothing at the mouth for us to sign, isn’t that great. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

As well as he’s done this season, Endo could go back to being the stop gap he was originally signed as. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Endo isn't the the future of anything though, he's 31. Bajcetic we've no idea if there's a player ready for the PL there. He did well for a few games and has been injured since, who knows if that has set him back or if his fitness is reliable. Grav has proved nothing yet. You've forgotten Dom and Curtis. I think there's loads of room for a good midfielder, because I don't think the bar is too high for someone to get into the side. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Endo isn't the the future of anything though, he's 31. Bajcetic we've no idea if there's a player ready for the PL there. He did well for a few games and has been injured since, who knows if that has set him back or if his fitness is reliable. Grav has proved nothing yet. You've forgotten Dom and Curtis. I think there's loads of room for a good midfielder, because I don't think the bar is too high for someone to get into the side. 

Gravenberch will be the big loser from Klopps decision. He would have taken the attitude that I signed him and I'll stick with him until he's the player we think he can be. The new guy will take one look at the windy cunt and want rid. If he didn't turn up for preseason I reckon half the squad wouldn't even notice.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

To be fair, Vitinha has been brilliant, which is probably more than anything what's keeping Ugarte out of the team. Different players, but only space for so many in that midfield.

Zaire-Emery has been pretty good as well.

Enrique said in one of his Twitch streams that he wants the most technically gifted player possible playing the 6. So that is not Ugarte. Vitinha playing there is a bit of an invention, but that is what he prefers. 

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm sorry Ruben but I haven't got the legs anymore.

Any chance Usher can drop back, seeing as he's getting on, so maybe being the most gifted finisher the city of Liverpool has seen seen since robbie fowler isn't his best position any more? 

This is a finisher, get him in.

Former Brazil striker Romario has come out of retirement aged 58 and registered to play for America Football Club alongside his son.

Romario, who won the 1994 World Cup, is president of the Rio de Janeiro-based side, who play in the second tier of the Rio regional competition.

Romario said he would not play in the league, but wanted to feature in some games alongside his son Romarinho.

Romario played his last game in November 2009.

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Former Brazil striker Romario has come out of retirement aged 58 and registered to play for America Football Club alongside his son.

Romario, who won the 1994 World Cup, is president of the Rio de Janeiro-based side, who play in the second tier of the Rio regional competition.

Romario said he would not play in the league, but wanted to feature in some games alongside his son Romarinho.

One of the most nonchalant finishers of all time. Certainly the best chipper of a keeper I've seen. I lived in Brazil for a bit and loads of people I spoke to had him down as their greatest striker.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

He fits the United model.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

One of the most nonchalant finishers of all time. Certainly the best chipper of a keeper I've seen. I lived in Brazil for a bit and loads of people I spoke to had him down as their greatest striker.

Where did you live?