You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our next manager, your choice, the poll.

Code

Who do you want as our next manager? The poll.  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our new manager

• Xabi Alonso
    • Didier Deschamps
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Pep Guardiola
    • Pep Lijnders
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Luis Enrique
    • Michel Sánchez
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 31/05/24 at 13:10

I had to click that too, to see who on earth would want Gerrard.

Curly has become totally untrustable now.  I trusted Belarus more.  Both the forum member and the state...

• Haha 1

I would have thought some of the hipsters on here would go for Michel Sanchez considering they have been top of LaLiga most of the season after finishing 10th last season, and this was their incoming players this season.

IMG_9943.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Code said:

I would have thought some of the hipsters on here would go for Michel Sanchez considering they have been top of LaLiga most of the season after finishing 10th last season, and this was their incoming players this season.

IMG_9943.jpeg

He's probably being groomed for City. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Code said:

Got that City Group stench.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Code said:

IMG_9943.jpeg

He's tainted like the whole club by being owned by the City group, I hope tbey win fuck all

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Tuchel should not even be on a longlist of managers for a job like ours, let alone an actual contender - he hasn’t got what it takes and we’d be looking again come December.

Would even take a chance on an unknown quantity from the Championship ahead of him. 

Only a champions league win under his belt but yeah, let's get some Papa John's trophy cunt in. Kenny Jackett

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Only a champions league win under his belt but yeah, let's get some Papa John's trophy cunt in. Kenny Jackett

So does Roberto De Matteo, but I wouldn’t want him as our manager either. That one win aside, Tuchel has spent most of the last 5 or 6 years underwhelming at some of the richest clubs in the world.

Tuchel is a wanker. Has spent insane amounts of money for ever decreasing rewards, including actually signing Eric Dier. Spends loads of time whingeing to the press about transfers instead of improving the players he has. Massive no.

I think De Zerbi is the next most promising appointment after Xabi but it’s a big step down.

1 minute ago, joe_fishfish said:

Tuchel is a wanker. Has spent insane amounts of money for ever decreasing rewards, including actually signing Eric Dier. Spends loads of time whingeing to the press about transfers instead of improving the players he has. Massive no.

I think De Zerbi is the next most promising appointment after Xabi but it’s a big step down.

I’m not convinced about De Zerbi, but am hopeful that Alonso would choose us over Bayern. That job comes up every season or two, whereas he might not get another opportunity to manage Liverpool.

19 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

he might not get another opportunity to manage Liverpool.

If Tuchel comes in he will.

Haha, true. Though if he’s any good at Bayern we might have found someone else by then - not necessarily a trophy winner because we’ll need the extraordinary again to achieve that under FSG’s financial model but someone who keeps us in top four contention. I doubt FSG would want to rock the boat under those circumstances.

If Xabi Tuchels it in Munich then he’s damaged goods and probably ends up yet another manager who slips between clubs every 18 months or so. 

I can see FSG going for Tuchel if they can't get Xabi. These guys are not particularly strong when it comes to evaluating managers. Remember, these are the same planks that interviewed Roberto fucking Martinez. They'll see a guy in Tuchel who has won a few titles in France and fluked the Champions League, has the same nationality as Jurgen and will give him the job.

We need to move heaven and earth to secure Xabi as our next manager because Bayern will 100% be going after him. And in Germany, Bayern usually get what they want. Hopefully Xabi has some principles and will tell Bayern to do one.

Xabi for me but I just hope the saga doesn’t roll on too long and we end up scratching around for a manager into the summer. Alonso will hopefully rule himself out sooner rather than later if he doesn’t fancy a return to Anfield