You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our next manager, your choice, the poll.

Code

Who do you want as our next manager? The poll.  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as our new manager

• Xabi Alonso
    • Didier Deschamps
    • Zinedine Zidane
    • Pep Guardiola
    • Pep Lijnders
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Luis Enrique
    • Michel Sánchez
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/24 at 13:10

1 hour ago, Code said:

Haha, no, basically because he has shows he knows how to win and play good attacking football in the process, while losing their best players every season. 

He has taken a club who had never won the league in Norway before to great heights with him as the manager. He took charge in 2018 after they got promoted back to the top flight in Norway.

Bodø Glimt finished second in 2003 and 1995, now they are undoubtly the best team in Norway, playing the best football. 

2016: Relegated from the top division

2017: Promoted from the second division
——————————-
2018: 11th place

2019: Runners up

2020: Winners

2021: Winners

2022: Runners up

2023: Winners

I’m not saying he should be considered, but neither should some of the others being mentioned in here. 

It would seem incredible though for us to go for him. I'm not saying he's not a good manager, he might be better than klopp for all I know, but I don't think he's going to get consideration ahead of some of the leading candidates. I hadn't heard of him till today.

I know you're mostly aiming this at Frank, but he's under consideration I would imagine because the operating model of our clubs is supposedly not very different, despite the difference in size and it's working well. For the same reason I think de zerbi will also be considered. Both of them for me would be like when we were looking at Rodgers and Martinez.  Although the club and squad are in better positions than 12 years ago, I don't think either should be a direction we should go in, but for comparison purposes at least, there's no harm with them being on the list. 

Weirdly, I'm wondering if ljinders is still in the picture. We've said as a team the coaches are going, but that could be to purely not alter the dynamic in the dressing room for what is left of this season. Klopp has said ljinders wants to manage somewhere next season. 

56 minutes ago, Code said:

9 minutes ago, dave u said:

Code just bodybagged Bjornebye!

Yeah he's absolutely smashed me to pieces there. The bastard

Ronny Deila is a decent Norwegisn manager 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dicko said:

A Norwegian manager?

Fuck sake we'll never hear the end of it.

I saw this guy looking lost. Told me was the new redshite manager and asked how the get to Anfield. Told him the wrong bus number lad, he's on his way to Speke and the airport with the rest of the them. 

On 27/01/2024 at 10:11, Baltar said:

I'd take Pep if this was an alternative reality we're living in but Alonso is the only realistic choice.

If Citeh cop a massive fine and deduction he may want to jump ship. FSG would be fools not to consider him. Do I want him? Nope, but I never wanted Hodgson or Rodgers either.

56 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

If Citeh cop a massive fine and deduction he may want to jump ship. FSG would be fools not to consider him. Do I want him? Nope, but I never wanted Hodgson or Rodgers either.

And your insight served you well, young padawan.

• Haha 1

I'll do it. 80 grand a week. I'll play the goalie in goal, the defenders in defence, the midfielders in midfield and the forwards up front. I'd tell them when you've got the ball pass to team mates right up until one of you can take a shot, then take a shot and when you haven't got the ball to try and win it back. Some other cunt can take training.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'll do it. 80 grand a week. I'll play the goalie in goal, the defenders in defence, the midfielders in midfield and the forwards up front. I'd tell them when you've got the ball pass to team mates right up until one of you can take a shot, then take a shot and when you haven't got the ball to try and win it back. Some other cunt can take training.

If this was all it took then Klopp would stay. It's all the other shit he has to do & deal with that's exhausted him from my undestanding of what he said. 

If we want almost guaranteed success it should be Ancelotti,if he wanted it. But I suspect it will be Alonso or De Zerbi because of popularity with Alonso and stat based stuff alongside the tactics from De Zerbi. The risk with De Zerbi is a Rodgers style trial (seemingly without the massive ego!) But the upside is that he genuinely has the players and nouse to give Klopp's style a run for it's money without superstars in the line up.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If we want almost guaranteed success it should be Ancelotti,if he wanted it. But I suspect it will be Alonso or De Zerbi because of popularity with Alonso and stat based stuff alongside the tactics from De Zerbi. The risk with De Zerbi is a Rodgers style trial (seemingly without the massive ego!) But the upside is that he genuinely has the players and nouse to give Klopp's style a run for it's money without superstars in the line up.

Milner speaks very highly of him. So thats a decent reference.

Whoever it's going to be I think we need to know within the next 2 months and get Trent on a new contract by the end of the season those would be my priorities. What we don't need is to pissing about when the season has ended trying rush things because that never goes well and that's my biggest fear. Then you have Mo and VVD a year left on their contracts and would be a huge miss but we can't afford to let them go on a free next summer. 

I'm still struggling to get my head around Klopp leaving  I've never been so gutted in my 40 years of being a Liverpool fan to see a manager leave I never thought something like this could be so gut wrenching.

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Milner speaks very highly of him. So thats a decent reference.

Milner and Lallana think he's some kind of fucking genius, they both absolutely rave about him. It doesn't make me feel any differently though. I don't want him, but if it's not Alonso I'm struggling to think of anyone better than him. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/roma-bodo-glimt-jose-mourinho-uefa-b2057090.html

Knutsen added: “Everything culminated in a physical attack on me in the player tunnel. Usually I'm so by nature that I would withdraw. In this case, I was physically attacked. He grabbed me by the neck and pushed me into the wall. It is only natural that I then had to defend myself.”

Roma captain Lorenzo Pellegrini had earlier accused Knutsen of confronting Santos.

“The dressing rooms are opposite each other. Knutsen started saying something to our goalkeeping coach and then attacked him.

15 hours ago, dave u said:

Code just bodybagged Bjornebye!

Saves him being bin bagged again tbf. 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Milner and Lallana think he's some kind of fucking genius, they both absolutely rave about him. It doesn't make me feel any differently though. I don't want him, but if it's not Alonso I'm struggling to think of anyone better than him. 

https://www.daveockop.com/latest-news/roberto-de-zerbi-explains-how-jurgen-klopp-tactically-outmaneuvered-him-this-season/

No thanks. And yeah we all know Klopp is superior but I remember reading this at the time thinking- "and thats why he's better than you"

Cant see him getting much grace if things go tits up. 

16 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Weirdly, I'm wondering if ljinders is still in the picture. We've said as a team the coaches are going, but that could be to purely not alter the dynamic in the dressing room for what is left of this season. Klopp has said ljinders wants to manage somewhere next season. 

If the owners want Ljinders this is exactly what they’d do. Tell everyone they’re conducting extensive research and announce him as the best possible candidate following all their hard work. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pete said:

If this was all it took then Klopp would stay. It's all the other shit he has to do & deal with that's exhausted him from my undestanding of what he said. 

The irony is that the more successful the club, the more the head coach is having to parade around and get wheeled into the media circus. We’re the perfect example of this and have been consistently. Fighting on four fronts, a game every 3-4 days and all the fucking bullshit around each frigging game as well as the endless travel schedule. No breaks. Ever. Because of bullshit pre-season tournaments.

Modern football at it’s worst. 

• Upvote 1