You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (H) - EFL Cup Semi Final, 1st leg - Wed 10th Jan 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My first game was from the Main Stand,with my late Dad, on a gloriously sunny 1973 Saturday afternoon. The lush green pitch and sound of the crowd has stayed with me since and will do forever.

It was magic mate. I don't think it is as magic now due to the atmosphere imho. Used to go all the time but don't bother anymore. Last time I went was when Suarez scored a free kick in Europe against some Russian outfit.

57 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

It was magic mate. I don't think it is as magic now due to the atmosphere imho. Used to go all the time but don't bother anymore. Last time I went was when Suarez scored a free kick in Europe against some Russian outfit.

It's all a bit sugar-free shit lemonade these days, but the attachment I have is to something greater than the hollow platitudes of today's LFC.  It's spiritual don't you know.

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ahhh oh no. 

6 hours ago, Le Duan said:

Only went on the Kop once, when they closed the Anny Road gates. It was the game against Man Utd in the 70s where Charlton scored a cracker from the angle of the 18 yard box. Everyone lurched forward and that proved too much for my owl fella, who plucked me up and took me out. Think I only saw 10 minutes - what a waste of 50p!

2 -2 1972? I was there for that. Early days of my hating the Salford cunts,

8 hours ago, Le Duan said:

My first game was Leicester at Anfield 1971 - I was 12. Anny Road end - 50p at the gate. We won 3-2 - seem to recall Clemence coming out to catch a cross, dropping it on his head and the Leicester forward slotting it in as Clemence was looking for the ball

Saw that game recently on Youtube. It was hard to forget as Clem didnt make too many of those mistakes. They became a bit of a bogey side for us too did Leicester.

On 13/01/2024 at 15:33, BeefStroganoff said:

Z(19).jpg

On 14/01/2024 at 01:00, tokyojoe said:

2 -2 1972? I was there for that. Early days of my hating the Salford cunts,

I started hating the cunts back in the 60s. Even with all our success in Europe and at home, the media was all Manchester fucking United 

On 14/01/2024 at 02:47, VladimirIlyich said:

Saw that game recently on Youtube. It was hard to forget as Clem didnt make too many of those mistakes. They became a bit of a bogey side for us too did Leicester.

Already a bogey team back in the 60s especially in the FA Cup Vlad. Mostly down to Gordon Banks. He always got a great reception from the Kop though. Best keeper I've ever seen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

I started hating the cunts back in the 60s. Even with all our success in Europe and at home, the media was all Manchester fucking United 

Already a bogey team back in the 60s especially in the FA Cup Vlad. Mostly down to Gordon Banks. He always got a great reception from the Kop though. Best keeper I've ever seen.

I’ve still not forgiven Eusebio for showboating and gifting them the European Cup.  

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Guess what baldy twat is in charge for the Fulham game

Simon Hooper, had his rest after fucking us over at Spurs and back for the big game

What an illustration of awful leadership this is from Howard Webb. Like refereeing a semi isn't hard enough. Like Hoopers next match refereeing Liverpool after that match wasn't going to be tough enough. I know, let's make it in as big a high profile match as we can and stick those two moments together. He could only have made it worse if he was appointed for a final or a game with City. 

So if Hooper fucks up in our favour, he'll be accused of evening things up from the spurs game. If he fucks up in their favour, he'll be accused of cheating. It's easy to forget due to the Diaz goal over shadowing everything just how bad hooper's performances was that day. The VAR aspect was just the icing on the cake, it was the single worst refereeing performance I've ever seen without that incident.

This is just Howard Webb ego showing there's absolutely nothing he won't do. What an absolute cunt. If I was Simon Hooper, I'd tell him to fuck off. 

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Guess what baldy twat is in charge for the Fulham game

Simon Hooper, had his rest after fucking us over at Spurs and back for the big game

To be fair the only dodgy decision in the game down to him specifically  was the 1st yellow on Jota. 

The liner flagged for the offside leading to the balls up re Diaz, Hooper didnt see Jones' tackle as a red and in my eyes Jota's 2nd challenge was a silly one knowing he was already on one.

On 18/01/2024 at 12:47, sir roger said:

To be fair the only dodgy decision in the game down to him specifically  was the 1st yellow on Jota. 

The liner flagged for the offside leading to the balls up re Diaz, Hooper didnt see Jones' tackle as a red and in my eyes Jota's 2nd challenge was a silly one knowing he was already on one.

The independent review panel after the game said Jota's 2nd wasn't a booking. He also didn't have to go with the VAR on the Jones sending off. 

Personally I thought it was about the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. It was every single coming together was a foul to spurs. 

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The independent review panel after the game said Jota's 2nd wasn't a booking. He also didn't have to go with the VAR on the Jones sending off. 

Personally I thought it was about the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. It was every single coming together was a foul to spurs

Capped off by one of their players jumping into Robbo and getting a free kick for it. I believe Robbo got booked as well.

• Upvote 1