You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nott'm Forest (H) - Sun 29th Oct 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

A satisfactory afternoon's work. Three goals, three points, clean sheet, some absolutely fapworthy attacking play, plenty of decent performances (Mac Allister being particularly excellent), no injuries, nice tributes to Paul McHugh, Bobby Charlton, Luis Diaz and (from the Forest fans) the 97.

The atmosphere was non-existent, but that's better than an angry or nervous atmosphere.

Onwards.

Steve Cooper is a strangely irritating bloke. Whenever an opponent gets the 'inspired' idea to make us attack the Kop in the first half, they always lose my respect - aside from the fact that, if they ever bothered to check, they ought to know that it's hardly Kryptonite to us - we usually win anyway - it's also a sure sign that the manager is desperate. It's but a short step to voodoo dolls and books of spells. And I don't mind a lower league side playing like that against us in a cup tie, but when you're supposed to be in the same league, show a bit more courage.

9 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Stream I was watching, Salah gets dragged to the ground no Foul and Warnock says there's nothing in it. Ruined the result for me I'm fuming.

Its unbelievable, defenders can just wrap their arms around him and pull him back, never anything given. Actually, I think he won a foul after the 10th time it happened. So thats OK then.

Couple things in this match, in terms of the midfield;

I would say one; the amount of defensive work Mac Allister is involved in when you think about the fact he isn't a natural lone holding player and that he isn't a physical specimen, is great. He's averaging 4 tackles + interceptions per match in the league. On top of the fact he is springing attacks with line breaking passes, he is doing a fine job.

Szoboszlai's runs on the outside on the right were so dangerous and important. It means there is a wide outlet for Salah and Trent can stay central.

A negative; with how involved Mac and Szobo were, Gravenberch was not involved. We'll see if he can impose himself against Premier League opposition.

38 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Steve Cooper is a strangely irritating bloke. Whenever an opponent gets the 'inspired' idea to make us attack the Kop in the first half, they always lose my respect - aside from the fact that, if they ever bothered to check, they ought to know that it's hardly Kryptonite to us - we usually win anyway - it's also a sure sign that the manager is desperate. It's but a short step to voodoo dolls and books of spells. And I don't mind a lower league side playing like that against us in a cup tie, but when you're supposed to be in the same league, show a bit more courage.

I think that decision might have had more to do with making Ali play with the sun in his eyes; not that it made any difference, like.

2 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Always think he looks like Mark King. 

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Trent is still acting a bit Beckham-like. He's not so brilliant at free kicks that he should demand to take every one of them, especially now Dom's in the side. 

As long as Salah doesnt take the free kicks I’m happy. He actually took one vs Forest, been a while since the last one I reckon. Has he ever scored from one? 

Anyway, good times, we’ve seen what Trent can do from a free kick, and I’m sure Szoboszlai can do it too. A few years ago when Salah and Henderson were lining up to take them it was the time to go for a piss.