You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 3 West Ham 1 - Match Reaction

tlw content

The Reds are up to second in the table after an impressive display to see off a good West Ham side at Anfield.

TLW Editor Dave Usher is joined by Julian Richards, John Gallagher and Dan Thomas as the lads look back on an enjoyable afternoon at Anfield and look ahead to the midweek cup game against Leicester.

View full article

• Upvote 4

• dave u pinned this topic

Ka-VAN-AH is the woolliest of wool pronunciations. My team leader is one and every time I say it I feel like washing my mouth out. I do say it though. When in Widnes etc.

Surprised Dave didn't mention the movement from Nunez for the goal. The finish was fine but it was at point-blank range. The movement, on the other hand...everything Dave has been banging on about for months. The defenders both thought they had it covered and in less time than it takes to blink, he's in. Great stuff.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Fair play to AP for somehow finding fault with the ref, that’s the first game I’ve watched in a long time that I haven’t noticed the jobsworth in black making it all about them and making some god awful decisions. 

Couldn't believe that. Even by Dan's standards that was shocking to me.

The fact one of their players did the old "run fast shielding the ball, then slow down a little to get barged into and fall over for free kick/pen" and got rewarded makes me even more annoyed that seemingly the only person that has ever been called out for this is Diogo Jota at White Heart Lane the other year (which, if we'd converted the resultant pen meant we won the league...).

But then we're back on baldy Manc refs and surely that's a place nobody wants to go.

Another informative and entertaining pod.

I did mention in the match thread, that I felt anxious that the substitutes arrived  (imo) very late. That was my only ‘beef’ with the tactics during the game. Jones, MacAlister both guilty of unforced passing mistakes as they tired in midfield, between 60 minutes and the arrival of the bench. We were only 2-1 up against a team that was very capable of breaking and scoring on our mistakes, and we were making them as the second half progressed. At the same time, we were not the threat we had been and the third goal wasn’t exactly imminent in the middle of the second period.

When the subs arrived, the impetus improved, the third goal came. Why wait so long? Our ability to control the game was diminishing well before 71 minutes or whatever it was that we eventually made changes.

• dave u unpinned this topic