You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jarell Quansah welcome to/he's already at Liverpool!

Megadrive Man

He’s not Konate or vvd but almost nooone else in world football is. But don’t worry for a second when he’s on the team sheet even against Man City 

I think he's sound. Aside from a numbers situation, konate's injury is no real concern for me, I'm more than happy to see quansah play. He's not getting in some of the same physical battles konate does, but I don't think he needs to. He reads it better and honestly, I think he uses his size better, in so much as I don't think he has the strength of konate, but what he has he has a certain balance that he doesn't really lose out. If everyone was fit, I'd honestly be picking him for the game experience and see how far we can progress him. Because with the best will in the.world, konate isn't going to do that unless he can fix his injury issues. 

I mean steady on, a fit konate is world class but who knows what quansahs ceiling is and their job share rotation is fine with me. 

Southgate should pick him for England but he won’t 

4 minutes ago, etho said:

I mean steady on, a fit konate is world class but who knows what quansahs ceiling is and their job share rotation is fine with me. 

No thanks. Let's keep him fit and available for selection for us.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, etho said:

Konate hasn't been fit to play 2 games a week since he arrived at the club. It's a pointless discussion how good he is, because he'll be back on the treatment table as soon as you need him (see today). I'd much sooner give this lad the game time to improve, because I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest up to now, he won't take that opportunity if given it. 

To provide some perspective, after 3 years at the club, thiago had managed 97 appearances. And was widely seen as a crock at that point. While currently out injured with just 10 league games to go this season and a maximum of 9 cup games left (I think), konate has managed just 85 games. He is incapable of 2 games per week and we don't know yet when he'll be back anyway. So it's pretty unlikely he'll pass thiago between now and the end of the season. 

I hear people say all the time "konate doesn't get the credit he deserves outside of Liverpool fans", that's because barely anyone knows he'd be a likely starter in our best team, because he's never in the side and if matip is fit, they basically job share. Konate needs to find a way to get on the pitch like vvd does. Because as talented as the lad is (and he is), he doesn't look like he's any better a player than the day we signed him, because he's just not playing enough to get that extra something players find from playing all the time. 

Quansah is a super talent. The only thing holding him back now is experience. 

Thiago and Konate??

Konate has missed 3 games this season due to injury, since the end of August it is one. Today.

He was also suspended for one.

Has either played in or was on the bench for the other 30 odd. Played in every game in both cups and all but one in Europe.

His first season he didn't miss a single game due to injury - then he did his knee.

In my opinion, worthless though it may be, there's enough of a sample size now that says he's as real a deal as you can get. Konate is outrageous, however, he's made of frozen Mercury. You just can't rely on him.

Play quansah from here on in and rotate konate with him, rather than the other way.

Has that little bit of arrogance also. Very very impressive young centre half.

2 hours ago, etho said:

Fuck ingerlund - hopefully Quansah is well away from that bollocks for a good while yet.

He looks to have so much potential and is developing really well - does not look at all out of place in team and hasn't from first day he came in.

Konate's fitness is a worry though - if Quansah and him sharing load like Matip and Konate did in that season when both seemed to prosper and stay fit as a result of sharing load then great - but Konate just seems to be so fragile.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Konate hasn't been fit to play 2 games a week since he arrived at the club. It's a pointless discussion how good he is, because he'll be back on the treatment table as soon as you need him (see today). I'd much sooner give this lad the game time to improve, because I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest up to now, he won't take that opportunity if given it. 

freestar

To provide some perspective, after 3 years at the club, thiago had managed 97 appearances. And was widely seen as a crock at that point. While currently out injured with just 10 league games to go this season and a maximum of 9 cup games left (I think), konate has managed just 85 games. He is incapable of 2 games per week and we don't know yet when he'll be back anyway. So it's pretty unlikely he'll pass thiago between now and the end of the season. 

I hear people say all the time "konate doesn't get the credit he deserves outside of Liverpool fans", that's because barely anyone knows he'd be a likely starter in our best team, because he's never in the side and if matip is fit, they basically job share. Konate needs to find a way to get on the pitch like vvd does. Because as talented as the lad is (and he is), he doesn't look like he's any better a player than the day we signed him, because he's just not playing enough to get that extra something players find from playing all the time. 

Quansah is a super talent. The only thing holding him back now is experience. 

I don't think comparing actual appearances between thiago and konate is fair.

Thiago was a nailed on starter when fit - Konate wasn't.

In 21/22 for example...Matip started nearly all the league games and Konate more the cup ones.

Konate only started 11 league games but was on bench as an unused sub for 26. So his availablity was very high - much higher than Thiago's.

He was available for 37 out of 38 league games.

He was in 12 out of 13 matchday squads in european cup.

He played every minute of our 6 fa cup games

And was in matchday squad for all 6 league cup games.

A record of availability Thiago could only dream of.

He was also in more league matchday squads than Thiago last season.

He has been an unused sub 44 times for us.

He's fragile but he's no Thiago. He has been available a lot more - but has not been 1st choice ala Thiago.

• Upvote 1

At the start of the season ask yourself, would you take where we are? If the answer’s no then you’re either a junkie or a pessimist. 

The next few months for proper Liverpool fans are going to be the best rollercoaster ever. Imagine supporting Crystal Palace or West Ham. Fuck all to play for fuck all to be arsed about. 

Think yourself fucking lucky. Because we are. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

We were getting strongly linked to that Chelsea kid Colwill in the summer; crazy money and cockney twatishness meant that that deal never got off the ground.

Quansah or Colwill?

Probably the links came from Colwill's agent and nobody else. It's what they do.

7 hours ago, an tha said:

I don't think comparing actual appearances between thiago and konate is fair.

Thiago was a nailed on starter when fit - Konate wasn't.

In 21/22 for example...Matip started nearly all the league games and Konate more the cup ones.

Konate only started 11 league games but was on bench as an unused sub for 26. So his availablity was very high - much higher than Thiago's.

He was available for 37 out of 38 league games.

He was in 12 out of 13 matchday squads in european cup.

He played every minute of our 6 fa cup games

And was in matchday squad for all 6 league cup games.

A record of availability Thiago could only dream of.

He was also in more league matchday squads than Thiago last season.

He has been an unused sub 44 times for us.

He's fragile but he's no Thiago. He has been available a lot more - but has not been 1st choice ala Thiago.

But the reason matip got the league games is because konate just couldn't play in them and if he could he'd have missed midweek. People argued at the time we weren't managing the time of both him and matip, when it was absolutely obvious we were and we still do today with both of them when they're available. If konate had any level of fitness, he'd have got way more game time, because he wouldn't have been in job share. And if he wasn't having his time managed and had the level of talent most people think he has, he'd be playing every game like vvd does. Konate is a crisp bag. 

Konate is a good player but he is not world class. They’d have had a field day against him yesterday the way he runs around the pitch like a dog chasing a car leaving massive gaps behind him.

Virgils far happier playing next to quansah. He said as much when asked about konate the other week and said hes still got a lot to learn. 

Quansah’s played nowhere near the same amount of games yet his in game maturity’s light years ahead of konate.

• Upvote 1

Konate leaves gaps?

He's had to cover at least a quarter of the pitch for most of the season. His positioning and awareness of where to be to cut out a threat is one of his best attributes.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely wild take that given konate holds down the entire right side of the pitch on his own, his game intelligence is excellent and he makes top players look like little u16s with his size pace and strength

I've been amazed at just how good the academy lads have been this season.

Normally you're lucky to have one big hit, and then a few here and there who can do spot duty and be third choice and do OK in 5-10 games a season.

This season has been remarkable, to have Bradley and Quansah come through together, just as we needed them with the injuries. It took me 5 games or so to really see Quansah as the quality player that he is, you just keep thinking "he's doing OK" over and over, and then by the end of the game you realise he was actually consistently brilliant.

• Upvote 1

It’s insane that Kelleher, Bradley and Quansah start our biggest league game of the season and are so solid that we probably take them for granted a little.

It’s also insane that Jurgen is doing the groundwork for the next manager’s squad regeneration, while staying alive in four competitions.

• Upvote 2

Do people actually watch konate or just go along with the consensus he’s this Baresi clone. Holding down the entire right hand said??? He’s all over the place ffs. Next time he plays have a look at where he is in relation to the rest of the back 4 when teams are flooding into our box. He’s nowhere to be seen and if he is, he’s gawping at the play from the edge of the box.

guess who doesn’t do this? Quansah and virgil

• Downvote 1