You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jarell Quansah welcome to/he's already at Liverpool!

Megadrive Man

On 05/09/2023 at 00:51, Strontium said:

I know it's unfashionable, but I tend towards the view that promising youngsters should be in and around the first team squad, training with Premier League quality players and getting occasional match time at the highest level, rather than being farmed out to something inferior.

I agree. I just think there should be more of a transitional phase between playing for the ressies and moving to the first team squad. They need to train with the seniors but also play reasonably regularly with the ressies, rather than 'graduating' to just training and watching.

I know we already have a group who visit the first teamers, but the playing bit needs to continue for longer, I think, with more input from the first team coaches as to how and where they should be playing in the reserve games. 

I think physicality is where he’s a bit short. Centre backs don’t tend to mature until they’re mid-twenties once they are fully developed. Difficult for CBs to come through the youth system for this reason. 

I heard a Bristol Rovers fan suggest he was abysmal last season although decent on the ball. I’d put this down to having to face huge physical specimens who might be a little short on skill. 

10 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

I think physicality is where he’s a bit short. Centre backs don’t tend to mature until they’re mid-twenties once they are fully developed. Difficult for CBs to come through the youth system for this reason. 

I heard a Bristol Rovers fan suggest he was abysmal last season although decent on the ball. I’d put this down to having to face huge physical specimens who might be a little short on skill. 

Yeah the ale house shite in the lower leagues with good old fashioned ingerlish number 9 carthorses coached by gammons would likely be a struggle for a young lad with a bit of class about him - i wouldn't take any notice of that at all.

He actually looks like a pretty decently and solidly built lad who is developing nicely and will of course get stronger.

He looks a good prospect and is getting some very handy experience now - i'd deffo have him in the uefa cup starting elevens too help him develop further.

5 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

If it was the latter then Titi Camara would still be waiting for his full debut with us.

Somewhere there’s someone just waking up from a coma they slipped into in early 2000, who expects Anfield has been renamed after Titi after his jaw-dropping decade-long Liverpool career. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another really solid performance on Wednesday. He looks ideally suited to the way we play.

Is it about time he got his own chant yet?

Something like,

"He's our centre-half,
He’s our number Seventy Eight.
Watch him defend,
He’s definitely great. 
He'll pass the ball,
He’ll pass it quite far
He’s Jarell Quansah, He’s Jarell Quansah!"

• Haha 1

MyReally like what I've seen of him so far but it's very easy to get carried away with young players. Hopefully he can develop and become a very good player.

No problems with him starting games at the moment in the cups, as he's not put a foot wrong.

No need to rush him.

56 minutes ago, Elite said:

MyReally like what I've seen of him so far but it's very easy to get carried away with young players. Hopefully he can develop and become a very good player.

No problems with him starting games at the moment in the cups, as he's not put a foot wrong.

No need to rush him.

Yeah, way too easy to get carried away. But he looks like he has way more talent and a much higher ceiling than Phillips and Williams. He'll get games all season, because you can't bank on getting konate, matip and Gomez on the pitch - and not just because they're injury prone, but also because Gomez is backup right back and konate and matip do need managing, they stay fitter if we don't over use them.  

Kid looks to have all the tools required.

He is physically a good size - he is athletic and strong and importantly seens to be calm and assured and has a good temperament - he isn't fazed by stuff, his decision making is good and he looks at home playing for us on every level.

He's getting really good experience this season and hopefully that continues and he builds on it - worth noting IMO that whilst he is still young and of course centre halves tend to blossom maybe a bit later/the job is such that inexperience is more of a challenge than maybe other positions, so being young as a cente half is probably even more a thing than say a forward for example, he isn't a complete baby - he is 21 in Jan.

Really top players have often started to really make their mark at 21-22 - Harry Kane for example was knocking in 30 goals in a season for Totrenham at age 21-22......and yeah why not compare him to that sort of player - i think he could be a top player....TAA was playing 50 games a season for us and winning the biggest trophies in game at 21-22.....again what is to say this lad can't do same....

So the next year is obviously big for him and if he progresses as looks likely and as it looks like he is well capable of, then we could have a really, really good player on our hands who will potentially be a mainstay for years.