You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Morgan Moores Groundshare

johnb

Who wants Morgan?

Who thinks Moores should stay?

Do you think Morgan = Groundshare, given his abstention last night?

Are we fucked?

Never been Moores biggest fan, but better the devil you know...

Neither ideally. Not that I dislike Moores, but he just hasn't got what we need.

But between the two I;d arther remain a bit broke and keep Moores than allow a cowardly sheister like Morgan have any interest in us at all.

I hate cowards.

I don't trust this morgan fella . Don't like the fact he wants a groundshare and wonder what deal is he got on the table with this NW crowd.Don't like the fact that after we get the permission to build, it all ofd a sudden comes to a head again in the press ,a few days before the AGM .... smells fishy to me

Moores I like as a figurehead and I think Parry has his head screwed on right ,but we need money .Hope to god this Dalglish thing is true

Morgan = groundshare and Parry exit plus probably a plc and possibly Rafa exit within a couple of years.

Morgan got his wife to fight his battle for him. He can fuck off, and the fact he didn't vote against the groundshare sealed his fate as far as I'm concerned.

Would rather remain skint than allow him in.

Morgan got his wife to fight his battle for him. He can fuck off, and the fact he didn't vote against the groundshare sealed his fate as far as I'm concerned.

Dave,Was chattin with a mate about this earlier about this.there may have been a reason why his missus was fighting the battle, he has been privy to very private and sensitive material ,due to the fact that he has a takeover on the table, stuff no doubt that even other directors haven't seen, and because of that , theres a lot he wasn't legally allowed speak out about , certain subjects no doubt would've been restricted. none of these restrictions were on his wife

But he would have been restricted from talking to his wife about it too. If he told his wife then technically he broke the confidentiality clause if she wasn't privvy to the details in the first place or has her name included in the confidentiality contract.

My views on this are in my piece in the latest issue (plug, plug). There is only one thing the Moores/Parry axis doesn't provide, and that's cash. If the choice is a sugar daddy who wants to be hands-on or Moores, who'll continue to let Parry run the club, I'd take Moores any fucking day of the week.

I think Rafa could turn this club around with what we've got; it'll just take years rather than months. We all want instant gratification, but in the modern game, that is only possible if your club is bought by a Russian criminal as his plaything. Fuck that. I'd sooner the club retained its dignity than sell its history down the river for a quick buck.

As for Morgan, I think he's a good Red and he's got the cash, but what does he know about running a football club? And before anyone pops up with the old chestnut about needing a businessman at the helm, football is not a business: we don't exist to make money and we can't easily gain or lose customers. The first thing Morgan would do is ditch Rick Parry, which I think would be an enormous mistake. I don't want him installing someone from Redrow as our new Chief Executive, before announcing PLC status and groundshare. Fuck that.

More Moores, please.

Someone should write a piece for the fanzine about fans wanting success yesterday Paul, it'd go down a storm.

;)

It did, actually. There was so much good stuff in the latest issue, I keep forgetting stuff. You've got to keep the Eddie C references going, Stu. Have you got anything else in the pipeline? I'm thinking of a piece eulogising Carra, although I'm not sure if it'd just be preaching to the converted, these days.

You know, the Kings Dock stadium would have been built if Everton could have found the £30m they were required to pay, with a 55,000 capacity. If we had stepped in we could have had that, instead we now face the prospect of paying an extra £100m for 5,000 seats. They say Parry is the best sports administrator in Britain- no wonder British sport is in the state it's in. I honestly believe this stadium will never be built.

Spot on Dave.

Morgan is like Principal Skinner (getting his mother to fight his battles).

Says a lot for Morgan when Fag Ash Lil has to get up and talk for him. We know who wears the trousers in that household.

I can see it now. Rafa recommends a player he wants to buy, and Steve Morgan has to ring up the missus for the final opinion.

"Sorry Rafa, my wife doesn't rate him."

Superb.

The other thing about the Morgan offer is there's no certainty he'd put in extra cash once his arse is in the Chairman's seat.He's loaded but not like the Russian is.

His offer is supposed to be £70m of which more than half will go to existing shareholders to buy their shares.Are we really going to let him take-over for a measly one-off cash injection of £30m or so?

We could raise more than that by selling Gerrard and I'd far rather sell him than let Morgan take control.