You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - 9 April at 16.30

Anubis

Great game and a good performance against the league leaders. Sure the players will be disappointed not to win,

With the current midfield and confidence issues, i still expect the level to drop significantly at times this season, and im sure they will be getting called cunts on here. 

Nice to see a good game and performance though when it happens. Roll on next season.

The penalty we didn't get was more of a pen than the one we did get and you've got Robbie Earle and Tim Howard saying it's not enough when the guy has his arms wrapped around Salah as he's trying to move. Ridiculous.

Good second half going forward, it's a shame it took Xhaka being a cunt for the team to decide to show up though.

When you watch that second half you can only come to the conclusion that we've got a bunch of lazy cunts in our team.

Why can they play like that in the second half but couldn't get going in the first? We gave them a two goal head start.

As for Arsenal, how the fuck they are top is anyones guess, bang average apart from Sara and Martinelli.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DJLJ said:

Now we need to get that Lino charged and never 'ref' again. Even worse than Salah's finishing today was the elbow he threw at Robbo at half time.

Sky box office are showing the fight a week Saturday its be billed as the "straightener"  only £19.95 my money is on the lino.

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Best performance for some time that.  More composure, both in taking and setting up chances, and we would have had 5 goals in the second half.  

That, and Jones and Thiago back, and there is cause for a little bit of optimism for the rest of the season. 

Agreed. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

When you watch that second half you can only come to the conclusion that we've got a bunch of lazy cunts in our team.

Why can they play like that in the second half but couldn't get going in the first? We gave them a two goal head start.

As for Arsenal, how the fuck they are top is anyones guess, bang average apart from Sara and Martinelli.

Arsenal to me are soft as shite. That shouldn't be what a title winning side looks like. As for Liverpool, second half good, first was pathetic. Should have won 

It's fucking infuriating how bad we were in the initial 25 and then the atrocious finishing that has fucked us all season and that's not been highlighted enough. We're massively under performing up top.

Fuck me this season can't end quick enough.

Sofascore has our xg at 3.96! And 6 BIG CHANCES missed! Fucking 6. 

Good performance that after a weak start. We clearly should have won, but some poor defending on their goals, and first and foremost poor finishing meant we didnt.

Thought Konate was our best player, a world class young CB. Henderson also played well, and Fabinho was decent as well. Jones good considering how little he’s played of late. And of course Bobby Firmino vital in avoiding defeat.

Salah the massive disappointment, our full backs and CBs get a lot of criticism, and rightly so, especially the full backs imo, but Salah has been really poor for a few months now, and average for a long time before that.

All in all we showed that once the energy, pressing and intensity is back we’re a very good team. Renew the midfield and avoid all the injuries in attack and we’ll be all right next season.

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

If we had played like the 2nd half performance for the whole season we will top of the table.

Great comeback. Shame we couldn't score the winner.

Surely this will give them a boost. Thiago back as well and Jones improving. We can only hope I guess.

• Upvote 1

A point - which in itself is not especially helpful - but at least we showed some fight and came from two down.

Actually should have won that ultimately, but it is just typical of things this season that we didn't - Salah's penalty an absolute joke.

A point that helps us in terms of winning it from behind, but a point that does not help 1. Stop a winless rot. 2. Push us up table.

I'd like to say maybe fighting back will at least help us mentally/confidence/belief wise, but when beating your bitterest rivals 7-0 does not seem to help with those things, I am not sure this really will.

Onto an away game next against a team who have just lost 5-1 at home to a bottom half team managed by Roy Fucking Hodgson.....

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

You’ll not see a half of football like that again in a hurry.  Can’t wait to see what’s made of that linesman.

Thats City won the league and Arsenal fans don’t even know it yet.

I dont think they realize yet how big those dropped 2 points are today, City with a game in hand and they play city away aswell goal difference is in citys favour. I think city will go on and win it now.