You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, John102 said:

Mason Mount interest reported again.

We will see if it's a negotiating tactic but i am hopeful it comes off. Think he would do very well for us.

I hope his negotiation position works and Chelsea give him want he wants.

saw something earlier he wants to go from £80k to >£200k per week.

8 minutes ago, John102 said:

Mason Mount interest reported again.

We will see if it's a negotiating tactic but i am hopeful it comes off. Think he would do very well for us.

I read something recently that said Chelsea are keen to offload him and one or two of the other players who've come through the youth system like Gallagher (and someone else I can't recall) as they're banked as 100% profit, so massively helps with their ffp. So for example there's more benefit to them in selling mount than havertz, as he'll have a 2 or 3 years left on his contract (havertz), so if they renew him they can amortise his remaining value over his new contract, where as if they sold him they could only book the sale minus his value on the books. 

I thought at the outset that this was just a negotiating position from mount, but maybe there is some truth to it. I would be reluctant to give him what he wants though unless we got him on a bosman. 

12 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Kelleher will leave this summer regardless. He is 24 and needs to be playing, no one can blame him when he leaves.

He is too good to sit on our bench when he could walk into most PL sides.

So assuming he wants to play regularly, which he surely will do, then sadly he'll have to go.

I'd be inserting a buy back clause.

Only other option is selling Alisson and making this lad No. 1 - I am not saying this is what i'd do - but there is no question that Kelleher won't be wanting to sit on our bench as he approaches his prime, he is just too good for that.

Would the club maybe feel they could get a big chunk of money for Alisson towards the money needed for the desperately needed rebuild in midfield and putting Kelleher in as No.1 would not be top much of a drop off....?

Considering that a world class right back should cost considerably less than a world class midfielder, I would see if we could tempt Chelsea to part with Reece James.

Bring him in and move Trent further forward into a right side midfield role, where he could concentrate primarily on creating and scoring.

After their insane outlay and with their mammoth squad size, (and FFP possibly about to catch up with them again) I think Chelsea could be looking to recoup some dosh.

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Trent would be shocking in midfield 

He has been shocking at right back for a while. Difference is that if you’re shocking in midfield, the opposition might not score. When you’re shocking in defence, the opposition is likely to score. 

37 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Go get him @Scott_M

Unconfirmed at this point whether he's pretending we've signed his mum June.

Given he can’t spew shit about any Qatar takeover for now, he’s got to fall back on this old chestnut. 

As the CL Final is on 10th June this season, saying we’ll sign him in June is hardly an earth shattering information.

20 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Considering that a world class right back should cost considerably less than a world class midfielder, I would see if we could tempt Chelsea to part with Reece James.

Bring him in and move Trent further forward into a right side midfield role, where he could concentrate primarily on creating and scoring.

After their insane outlay and with their mammoth squad size, (and FFP possibly about to catch up with them again) I think Chelsea could be looking to recoup some dosh.

They're never selling him to us, no way.

We don't play a 442 with a right midfielder. 

We won't do it, but the easiest way to accommodate Trent, keeping his wizard right foot as useful as possible out wide, while limiting his defensive deficiencies, would be to play with a back 5. Trent as a wing back would be fine. Having 3 CB's might also assist with our horrific defending and inability to limit even average opposition basically waltzing into our box whenever they feel like it.

Of course that would mean changing the setup of the whole team, which won't happen. But IMO it would arguably suit some of our current players a lot better than a 4-3-3 does.