You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

18 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A supposed ITK, who believes because he has a couple of shitty podcasts that he’s a “media personality”, tweeting we’re now in negotiations for Lavia and they’ll be accelerated over the coming days. 

He was also adamant we’d sign “Jude” & Thuram and knew nothing of Szoboszlai, so make of that what you will. 

@LFCapproved? He’s saying same thing. But also saying we will revert to Doucoure if Lavia talks stall today.

34 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Bloody hell, surely were not selling him as well? Elliott, Jones and Bajcetic next!

It would seem mad if all 3 senior midfielders went. Especially with keita and Ox too after so little movement for years. 

32 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d be surprised if we let him go. 

None of those clubs will offer us much money, certainly not to get a replacement as capable (even if he is only available 50% of the time).

Besides, Sevilla will be celebrating dropping into the EL before Xmas. We have more chance of winning the CL than Sociedad! 

Makes you wonder at this point if the club have told them all (fab & Henderson) game time would be limited and they're free to find other clubs if they don't like it. If that's the case though, klopp is dispelling all rumours he's not ruthless enough. He appears not to have put up any type of fight for the 1st two, so it would seem these players will go and the club are very happy with it..

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

@LFCapproved? He’s saying same thing. But also saying we will revert to Doucoure if Lavia talks stall today.

All I can say is I assume there will be KHANAGE if it doesn’t happen. 

I don’t follow @LFCapproved. 

Well, I don’t follow the other moron either but his tweets aren’t protected. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Makes you wonder at this point if the club have told them all (fab & Henderson) game time would be limited and they're free to find other clubs if they don't like it. If that's the case though, klopp is dispelling all rumours he's not ruthless enough. He appears not to have put up any type of fight for the 1st two, so it would seem these players will go and the club are very happy with it..

Thiago can’t argue with reduced minutes given he’s unlikely to be available for 50% of them anyway.

Although I do hope less is more with Thiago, when available, IMO, he’s one of the leagues best.

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

All I can say is I assume there will be KHANAGE if it doesn’t happen. 

I don’t follow @LFCapproved. 

Well, I don’t follow the other moron either but his tweets aren’t protected. 

Ah. A bit of grizzle. 

Approved now saying we’re submitting a written bid to Saints for Lavia.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It would seem mad if all 3 senior midfielders went. Especially with keita and Ox too after so little movement for years. 

I am pretty sure that:

a) Klopp would not tell the fourth or fifth midfielder they would not be automatic first choice at the start of preseason, and;

b) Hendo/Fab/Thiago would not just wet their knickers and decide to leave because we actually had a reasonably sized squad.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

At least he is moving permanently and becoming part of a teams plans for 3 years rather than just endless loans to random teams like Van Den Berg and Arroyo. 

Delighted with this news.

I can finally go back to Anfield.

• Haha 5

We seem to have a lot of players whose dad played professional football. So given that a load of extremely online nerds are wetting their knickers over Federico Redondo (son of Fernando) I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve looked at him. 21 and playing for Argentinos Juniors in the top Argentine league. We never buy direct from South America though so a deal now would be very unlikely, but I bet we’ve looked at him. 

Actually all his mum’s family were professional footballers as well, wonder if that gets our scouts doubly excited. 

That is really what's at the heart of the backlash against Arab football/owners. 

City are cheaters. Newcastle will be as well. I think most assume the Saudi teams will eventually be in tournaments very shortly competing against teams who have make some effort to not fall foul of FFP. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Maybe we should give back the £50m+ we’ll be getting if we’re so concerned about this stuff. Same with the other clubs selling players to the league.

Us and other clubs aren't directly owned by the people doing the selling and buying, the concern will be in trying to prevent a precedent being set rather than the amount itself which is 10 million less than clubs were being quoted for him last year.