You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Brighton going for Dahoud is a nice stroll down transfer disappointment memory lane. 

They’ll be signing Konoplyanka and Alex Teixeira next.

Simao is sitting on a plane on the tarmac looking at his watch as we speak.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Sad git fact, Audi are part owners of Bayern Munich.

Is that right? I ask because Audi is part of the Volkswagen group….which owns Wolfsburg. Conflict of interest?

Nothings happened but to make drama where there's none to be made yet it annoys me there's just a level we can't go to. Look at Rice only for example we know 100 percent we won't be in for him because he's at a price only top clubs can afford, we're constantly the obvious fit bird in the film whose dressed nerdy and just waiting for the world to see her looks match her inner beauty, its boring.

Mac allister will be our marquee signing and he's no marquee player and every other signing will be based entirely on price profile a price profile thats a level below even non sportwashing enterprises not what's best for the team to make it title contenders. Again its based upon stories but say Arsenal go out and buy Rice and Caciedo theyve bought purely in the interest of making their side challengers, no duct tape solutions. This club will be "look for every player we might get for 40 million or less"  and a huge part of this is because we never bought top quality when we were riding high and maintained a level, now we've shit loads of work to do with FSGs usual doghsit budget, praying like fuck that previous examples of bargain bucket searching success is an actual part of the footballing plan. Like the club looks like it has any kind of plan in the last 12 months.

I'm concerned because we're skint FSG do the absolute minimum pretty much every time in a league where even non entity football sides show ambition these days with the players they want. Klopp has got a couple more seasons left, he's an absolute master and it's infuriating the unnecessary limitations he's had to deal with purely because of FSGs greed seeing this club purely and solely as financial investment, a book keeping exercise for the massive profits they will eventually take out of the club.

I needed that. A rant over a drama that's mostly based upon conjecture for the window ahead, apart from the FSG being hedgefund wankers bit.

I will add there are so many potential owners who could be far far worse. I'm not FSG out I'm just FSG show some fucking ambition for the actual team and manager that have enabled far more growth than your investing has deserved.

• Upvote 4