You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why did Klopp sign a new deal?

BeefStroganoff

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

It’s a stupid fucking thread because Klopp has already done an interview explaining exactly why he signed the contract, I.e. he’s aware it’s now time for a rebuild and that takes time. There’s literally a forum news piece on the page. 

It’s a stupid fucking thread because Klopp has always preferred to wait a window to get the right player as opposed to getting anyone in.  The one time he broke that policy he ended up with Melo. 

It’s a stupid fucking thread because anyone with a quarter of a brain knows a takeover takes a shitload of time and it was never going to be done in time for this window.

It’s a stupid fucking thread because silence from the club doesn’t mean nothing is happening in the same way lots of people shouting on twitter or a football forum doesn’t mean the process has stopped or is “embarrassing”. 

It’s a stupid fucking thread because there’s already a tonne of threads with people shouting and screaming about all the fucking nonsense this thread is shouting and screaming about so why start another stupid fucking thread?

And you can’t fucking read. I’m talking about April 2022.

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

This thread is going well, I see.

Carry on.

About as well as expected. Theres only a handful of posters on here that have the ability to see a broader view. Most want to just launch in ranty name calling or smart arse replies because they lack basic competency.

Apparently my question is not worth answering because:

a) he signed because he knew we were in transition (even though this season was never talked about as a transition until last month)

and

b) his missus wanted to

And thats it. No context, no appreciation of how different the Clubs landscape was in April 22 to now, no exploring of what actually he might have been promised or the fact that everything about the Club has done a complete 180 in under 9 months.

So there you go, our boss signed on because his missus loves Lark Lane and he has nothing better to do than get pelters every week.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Spotted that earlier. Melissa Reddy.  So with all that is alleging and the famous Indykaila claiming Henry and Werner are at each other’s throats, it would appear there’s mutiny and revolution all over the place.

Hmmm.

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Regardless, these articles are starting to surface and it’s a load of mudslinging.

I wasn’t commenting on the veracity of the shrill dullard’s claims or wider theme of them also appearing elsewhere. It’s crystal clear to anyone with eyes that at least some of these things are happening and something is amiss at club as well as team level.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

While this just basically quotes Reddy's article,there are rumblings going on. I still blame the sale news and I reckon there have been cut backs which led to those departures in those vital areas. FSGs PA Department has always been their weakness.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

While this just basically quotes Reddy's article,there are rumblings going on. I still blame the sale news and I reckon there have been cut backs which led to those departures in those vital areas. FSGs PA Department has always been their weakness.

Except most of these resignations/moves were pre-sale news.

Reddy's syndicated article smacks of a story created to fit a number of resignations at the club.

Kornmayer has been at the club since 2016. Jurgen brought him in. Seems a bit ludicrous to suggest he may be the centre of all this 'friction' stuff but if he is, doesnt that mean Jurgen's complicit?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Have they been replaced though?

Most haven't left yet and are still in post so it remains to be seen.

The Doctor was the only major role (I think) where there was an 'absence'* and that's because their was a recruitment process that took 4 months.

*an absence where we had a qualified doctor in post covering for a qualified doctor who had left.

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Most haven't left yet and are still in post so it remains to be seen.

The Doctor was the only major role (I think) where there was an 'absence'* and that's because their was a recruitment process that took 4 months.

*an absence where we had a qualified doctor in post covering for a qualified doctor who had left.

Typical NHS. Another bloody stand in.