You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) FA Cup 4th Rd - 29/1/23 - 13.30

an tha

Just now, Leyton388 said:

Absolutely terrible use of money the past two windows. Midfielders are needed but we sign two attackers that are not needed. 

As much as i want FSG gone. Klopp and pep have spent the money. 

I wonder if the vacant Ajax job interests Pep Lijnders.

Just now, Moo said:

Do you criticise the owners (equally or more so)? If so, cool. Just can't be arsed trawling through other threads, easier to ask.

Unless the owners are taking training and WhatsApping the bench on how we should set up or fail to react to what’s happening on the pitch then I don’t see the point in doing that.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Unless the owners are taking training and WhatsApping the bench on how we should set up or fail to react to what’s happening on the pitch then I don’t see the point in doing that.

Pathetic, cop out of an answer. You have zero say over what happens on the pitch so what's the point in complaining about it?

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Ownership and net spend affects what happens on the pitch. Sarcastic twat.

I've said the owners should sell, you bum.

I just believe, shock horror, that the on pitch product is important, and guess what, the manager is responsible for that. What a controversial opinion!

1 minute ago, bizzle10 said:

of course Jurgen is part of this shitshow no question but i have doubt Jurgen will build us back up again

Neither will most other managers we could get, given the FSG spending policy. You only have to look at the Mancs, Tottenham and Chelsea. Two of which spend like a drunken sailor.

The biggest problem is the shiteness of Salah, isn't it?

Just WHAT are we expecting him to do? I think we, and he, has that Chelsea long-range goal in our heads.  He will never score a goal like that again.  

So what is he?

He doesn't seem like a poacher, you don't see him arriving in the six yard box 

He just sort of floats around on the right, but doesn't drive to the byline, it's like he's always looking to cross the ball to some imaginary Carston Jancker character. 

And yet...he has 7 CL goals this season. 

And also this season he has scored in all 3 games we've played against City.  

In all comps, this team has scored 60 goals this season, and Salah has scored 17 of them.  28% of all our goals. 

Elliott and Carvalho have scored 8 of those 60 goals.  

Trent, Virgil, and Matip have scored 5 of those 60 goals. 

Keita, Henderson, Thiago, Chamberlain, Fabinho, Milner, Jones, Arthur, Bajcetic have scored 2 of those 60 goals. 

Even fucking Diogo Jota has 5 assists.

That's more than the combined 4 assists from Henderson, Milner, Keita, Thiago, Chamberlain, Fabinho, Jones, Arthur, Bajcetic. 

And of course we're missing the 13 goals and 11 assists of Jota, Diaz, Firmino, and those figures would be massively higher if they had played. 

In summary:

Our midfield is a fucking stackable offence.