You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Arsenal to win the league?

Kevin D

They've won 14 of their 16 games. Losing one and drawing another. 

Credit where it's due, they're playing great. If they continue this form they'll win the league. No point in saying the one year city aren't great we don't win it, because arsenal, at the moment, are winning the league, as opposed to City losing it. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Credit where it's due, they're playing great. If they continue this form they'll win the league. No point in saying the one year city aren't great we don't win it, because arsenal, at the moment, are winning the league, as opposed to City losing it. 

The annoying thing is that Arsenal are no better than us. Their GK is shit and defence not great at all but they have the legs that we don't.

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The annoying thing is that Arsenal are no better than us. Their GK is shit and defence not great at all but they have the legs that we don't.

Then they are better than us. They have legs, we don't.... They have a better combined 11. Just like when we romped the league. Man for man we didn't have the best 11 in the world, but for a while, we had the best team in the world. If you know what i mean. 

Arsenal are currently running at 102 pts form....OK they won't achieve that but the sneering at them from our fans is weird IMO - they are winning games week in week out and absolutely deserve their current position - one that is being held as it stands as impressively as any of our or Man City's leads in recent seasons.

Only time will tell how it pans out of course - but what is it 15 pts they lead us by at present?

I want them to collapse as I can't stand them - all the "hoof the ball, win fuck all" shite they used to sing at us  etc and their general attitude as a fan base - their shite 4th place celebratoins then turning on Wenger for delivering 4th - beating us in 1989....but they deserve to be where they are as it stands.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

City are 15 points worse off at this stage of the season. Despite the wankathon over Haaland, they’re clearly a much worse side.

Fuck Arsenal. I wouldn't want them to win a Christmas cracker. And fuck everyone else too. There isn't a club in the country who takes as much shit as we do from every single set of arsehole fans, home and away. There isn't a single set of fans who doesn't chant sign on, self pity city, where's your famous atmosphere etc etc etc week in week out. 

If it's not us winning the league, anyone else can get fucked. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

City are 15 points worse off at this stage of the season. Despite the wankathon over Haaland, they’re clearly a much worse side.

They can't be 15 points worse. They've only 16 games, even if they won all 16 games, that would be 48 points, they have 36.

I can't remember exactly what they had after 16 games last year, but I doubt they won their first 16. 

3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Then they are better than us. They have legs, we don't.... They have a better combined 11. Just like when we romped the league. Man for man we didn't have the best 11 in the world, but for a while, we had the best team in the world. If you know what i mean. 

I think you have it the wrong way round. I reckon we are better man for man,when fully fit,but their youthful exuberance is compensating for their deficiencies.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Every team has shit fans, City's seem worse than Arsenal towards us. 

You can disappear up your own arsehole thinking about the ramifications of various outcomes, but the team with most points deserve it.

I agree Roge. The thing is though that we are only half way through the season due to that stupid world cup and there are more points to play for at this time of the year than usual. The thing that scares me is that Arsenal are not really any better than United,who beat them,and this doesn't rule them out either.

23 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

They can't be 15 points worse. They've only 16 games, even if they won all 16 games, that would be 48 points, they have 36.

I can't remember exactly what they had after 16 games last year, but I doubt they won their first 16. 

Sky had it up earlier.  Probably 15 points worse off at this stage of the season.

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

They had 35 points after 15 games last season, exactly the same as they have this season.

They have looked much more open defensively this season though.

4 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

It’s unreasonable to try to compare the two teams this season. They’ve been at full strength, or very close, in nearly every game.  We haven’t had anywhere near our strongest 11 available at any point. We were missing a front three on Friday that would be the envy of easily 15 PL teams (Bobby, Diaz, Jota). They have 10 players who have started at least 13 out of 16 games, with 7 ever presents. If they continue to be this lucky with injuries, they’ll have a great chance. Otherwise…… they had a piss poor bench at Brighton.

If we look at Arsenals preferred midfield three, of Ødegaard, Xhaka and Partey, compared to our four of Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson and Elliott.

We get this difference.

Arsenal midfield: 12 goals - 9 assists

Liverpool midfield: 1 goal - 1 assist.

Arsenal have played a 4-3-3 formation in all their games so far, while we have changes between four different formations.

A9CD728B-103E-43F2-9D99-8AF18820B4DE.jpeg

7F8CF82C-B294-4495-9ABD-703BDA83A3AD.jpeg

026558A3-A6C9-4BAC-AF45-BF3C9E2B9902.jpeg

2C0633B8-B444-44AC-88F8-C3F9E691292A.jpeg

7956DEA8-3636-4493-8FA3-5E8BC521F5E6.jpeg

9270613D-9070-4F27-A437-C2B666E42588.jpeg

FE839263-F057-43A9-A2FE-E76CCCBD34CD.jpeg