You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Arsenal to win the league?

Kevin D

If we’d have beaten Leeds & Forest, I’d still fancy us to catch Arsenal. 

The break has come at the wrong time for Arsenal. They’d want to carry on their momentum. They have some tough games after the break, they play Newcastle, Man Utd & Spurs in Jan and they’ve still to play City twice. I still think City will catch them.

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The break has come at the wrong time for Arsenal. They’d want to carry on their momentum. They have some tough games after the break, they play Newcastle, Man Utd & Spurs in Jan and they’ve still to play City twice. I still think City will catch them.

And they've still to come to Anfield. So long as Guardiola doesnt conceed early in the New Year like he did with us and, if arsenal's form continues then the unthinkable for me, might be on.

The last thing we want really is arsenal winning it because then, the football authorities will go 'See, you dont need the wealth of an oil state to win the league. Liverpool and now arsenal have won it in the last 3 years.'

Nope, if we aint winning it, we dont want other clubs winning else it adds legitimacy to city's sportswashing.

45 minutes ago, dave u said:

Technically they're the ones doing the chasing, but yeah there's no way they'd have lost.

I don’t think they are doing the chasing, Arteta has never been August to May, before. 

They’ll run out of gas by March and that will be all she wrote as City coast to another title and Tyler wanks himself silly about the race for 4th place.

Arsenal every day. Every time a proper football club stops them cunts from getting their own way it kicks them collectively in the bollocks, the fans, owners, Guardiola, the lot of them.

Man City could win the league for the next 15 years and nobody would give a fuck, they’d just all be hoping for it to happen to their club. Nothing is going to change so it’s nice to at least give them a bloody nose when possible.

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

That's some optimism.

Gotta dream a dream…

I realise it’s very likely out or reach. 3rd is likely best we can hope for. 

Fucking Leeds and fucking Forest. I’d have been confident we’d win it had we won those 2.

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Me too. Those 2 results were the worst I've experienced under Klopp.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

We should want, for want of a better word, arse to win it ,over city being the cheatingest cunts ever to exist. We should have the moral fortitude to want anyone bar City to win it.  But ,and it's a big fucking humongous but, the vitriol we have had to endure by the entire league's fanbase over the last 4 years is more than enough for me to say "cunt the cunt off ye cunting cunts"

I hope City run away with it and leave the rest to become equal but opposite hypocrites in complaining to all that will listen that city are bad for the league, while we revert to the other end and say that they're not,  and suck it up like we had to. 

Arse and anyone else that tries to challenge can cunt off 

• Upvote 4

I dont want Arsenal to win it but I'd rather they won it than another league be bought by City. Its on us we turn to shit in a year that's probably going to be the easiest to win since we've been challenging, our fucking luck is unbelievable. Seriously the points totals we have had and finished runners up to cheats then when we do win it, its during a rare global pandemic. Before the world cup I thought city will still win it but now I think its Arsenal's they are just riding a wave, when  everything clicks together including fucking appaling refereeing decisions going their way.

3 hours ago, niallers said:

We should want, for want of a better word, arse to win it ,over city being the cheatingest cunts ever to exist. We should have the moral fortitude to want anyone bar City to win it.  But ,and it's a big fucking humongous but, the vitriol we have had to endure by the entire league's fanbase over the last 4 years is more than enough for me to say "cunt the cunt off ye cunting cunts"

I hope City run away with it and leave the rest to become equal but opposite hypocrites in complaining to all that will listen that city are bad for the league, while we revert to the other end and say that they're not,  and suck it up like we had to. 

Arse and anyone else that tries to challenge can cunt off 

You know, my heart agrees with all this. But seeing Newcastle sliming their way up the table means the head wins. Man Utd's reversion to the mean post-Ferguson shows that there is some competitive balance to a football world without oil cheats corrupting everything. The more honest clubs that win, the better. 

Of course, if Arsenal fuck up I'll be there to put the boot in.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

I want Arsenal to drop as many points as possible because we still have 69 points to play for and anything can happen in football.

69 dude! 

I like your positivity tho.  Let's get out there and twat them all! 

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

69 dude! 

I like your positivity tho.  Let's get out there and twat them all! 

We can still finish above Arsenal. Unlikely but possible. Even if it only means we pip them to a CL spot then it would still be worth it. I want them to lose as many points as possible. I’m not cheering for them to win the league.

• Upvote 1