You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When can we get officially worried about fabinho?

Barrington Womble

Fab was fucking awful again today, as bad as he's probably ever played for us. He's always a bit slow to get going, but the season is about 30% done now. He looks so off it and he's barely had a good 20 mins, let alone a full game. He looks slow, can't turn and can't even pass. Is it time to start worrying about him? 

4 minutes ago, Freddo said:

It’s a huge worry, he’s not even close to being the player of previous seasons. I think the club will seriously consider moving him on in the summer. 

We don't have much of a record of moving on players with years on their contract at a time we'd likely get very little money. With keita, Chamberlain and milner out of contract, it would be incredible if we made it a 4th. 

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fab was fucking awful again today, as bad as he's probably ever played for us. He's always a bit slow to get going, but the season is about 30% done now. He looks so off it and he's barely had a good 20 mins, let alone a full game. He looks slow, can't turn and can't even pass. Is it time to start worrying about him? 

Yes, yes it is!

I’d like to think he can make a miraculous recovery but it looks like his legs have gone and he’s been on a steady decline ( broken only by the occasional good game) for quite a while.  At the moment, Milner replacing him would improve us. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We don't have much of a record of moving on players with years on their contract at a time we'd likely get very little money. With keita, Chamberlain and milner out of contract, it would be incredible if we made it a 4th. 

It probably would be but if he doesn’t get his levels back then we have to be ruthless, surely. 
He’ll have a pretty good value too I’d say.

Given the amount of work to do though it may be a stretch to bin Fabinho. 

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

He was dogshit last season as well. 

All the top teams figured out all you had to do was press him. He's been shit since Wijnaldum left to be honest 

Yup, he's always been as slow as molasses, poor distribution, sketchy composure, only this season it's been more noticeable because in our combined struggle, the entire side has been under the microscope.

Fab's best when he's got others around him who can run for him, and he's able to win and recycle the ball much higher up the pitch.

His Brazilian passport alone should fetch £30m from some mugs.

1 minute ago, Trojan1892 said:

He’s been cooked for about a year, absolutely fucking awful this season, I’d sell the lot of them in midfield bar Thiago and Elliott.

There's little point to Thiago he's injured most of the time the fanny.

As ever, certain midfielders play better with each other. He always looked comfortable with Henderson and Wijnaldum. If I had to pick our fully fit starting 11 right now I'd still have him in it with Thiago and Henderson but... Henderson has also digressed. It's not just on him but he's lost his edge that's for sure. 

Actually, I'd probably have Milner in over Henderson if it was a final right now. 

I was wondering how long it’s been since I started noticing his decline so went back through WhatsApp as thought it was well into last season. It was March I started commenting on it and it was consistent since then.

He’s fucking rank now and has been for best part this year