You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When can we get officially worried about fabinho?

Barrington Womble

There was a little talk on Twitter a month or so back that Fabinho and his wife have split up and he’s living at a hotel. Probably bs but might explain why he’s been so poor all season. 

Declan Rice is out of contract at the end of next season so the usual English tax will not look the same in January or this summer.

I agree that Chelsea seem his likely destination. He’s a supporter and they’re also looking to overhaul their midfield in the summer as well. 

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm sure I heard earlier in the season he'd only started something like 17 or 19 and all the rest were short subs and he played the equivalent of about 23 games in minutes out of the 63 matches. 

Yeah 2,086 mins across all comps

Equivalent to 23 full games.

He played 1,174 mins of our PL campaign.....equivalent to 13 full games.

34.3% of our PL mins.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

So he was on the pitch only slightly above 1 in 3 minutes across the season. 

Yeah....whether that was through being unavailable or not selected is another story - but yeah 

I wouldn't imagine a lot was him starting and being taken off (unless he got injured)....i'll try and dig into detail.

PL:

In matchday squad: 29

Starting 11: 14

Substituted In: 9

Left on Bench: 6

Europe:

In matchday squad: 11

Starting 11: 5

Substituted In: 5

Left on Bench: 1

Domestic Cups (Combined):

In matchday squad: 7

Starting 11: 6

Substituted In: 1

Left on Bench: 0

Rice would be excellent if we moved to a 2 man midfield. But Chelsea will blow us out the water in fees and wages and are far more likely to have champions league football. 

Sadly the owners will push us into a Arsenal style slump unless the actually spend. Without Champions League football they'll likely try and balance the books. I can see Salah going next summer to fund deals,if we don't get top 4. Stupidity of it is them not spending a few hundred million over say 2/3 years will cost them money if they end up selling a club not in the champions league. 

6 hours ago, waddy78 said:

He's Big He's Strong He looks like a fucking mong Declan Rice, Declan Rice.

his song is sorted.

Less of the mong shouts mate. x 

6 hours ago, Chris said:

Silly to talk about Rice as a possibility. He’s got Chelsea written all over him. Typical West Ham feeder club of yore style. 

Hendo had him right off the other night tonight too. Not sure where this impression he was boss the other night comes from. Passive as fuck. 

He didn't at all. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Chris said:

Silly to talk about Rice as a possibility. He’s got Chelsea written all over him. Typical West Ham feeder club of yore style. 

Hendo had him right off the other night tonight too. Not sure where this impression he was boss the other night comes from. Passive as fuck. 

Totally agree, Rice did one good piece of play where he won the ball on the edge of the box and carried it to halfway before playing a decent pass.

That was enough for everyone to wank over him it seems. Otherwise did nothing. Hendo was much better.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Yeah....whether that was through being unavailable or not selected is another story - but yeah 

I wouldn't imagine a lot was him starting and being taken off (unless he got injured)....i'll try and dig into detail.

I recall a few injuries. He went off in the 5-0 win at old Trafford after playing well. He also came off against Brighton at home and was replaced by Chamberlain who despite an assist put in one of the worst performances I've ever seen at Anfield. I'm sure there was one in Europe where he came off early too. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I’m not convinced by Rice. I’ve seen a handful of really impressive moments from him but nothing approaching the consistency at a level needed to justify the hype/fee. 

The trouble with rice is he's not obviously brilliant. He's certainly better than any of our players, but at the money he'd cost, he needs to look like one of the top 10 midfielders in the world and he's maybe only just in the top 10 in London. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Rice is 100 percent going to be a Chelsea player. We don't even need top class to improve our midfield. 

We didnt need top class to improve our central defence or goalkeeper before Van Dijk and Alisson arrived. I’m glad we went for top class, and not set the bar at ‘better than what we’ve got’.

There's more good years in all our top talent. Our problems don't stem from individuals ability waning. IMHO, its a mentality issue. One that Kloppo will fix. The team win at home when we are all there backing them, but fare worse when they don't have the crowd behind them.

Injuries too have caused, some issues - a good recruitment strategy would fix that piece of the jigsaw.

42 minutes ago, Jennings said:

There's more good years in all our top talent. Our problems don't stem from individuals ability waning. IMHO, its a mentality issue. One that Kloppo will fix. The team win at home when we are all there backing them, but fare worse when they don't have the crowd behind them.

Injuries too have caused, some issues - a good recruitment strategy would fix that piece of the jigsaw.

Not sure that home and away thing is much of a pointer. Most teams in the history of football (except in covid) perform better at home than away. We've still dropped points at home to palace and Brighton, needed injury time winners against Ajax and Newcastle. And a penalty save to get by West ham. Our only good performances at Anfield this season have been city and Bournemouth, with an okish one v rangers. 

• Upvote 1